The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers/Football talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Even if they cut Williams, they could just re-sign Williamson. I think a lot of them are operating under the assumption that losing Dupree creates a huge hole. I guess they didn't notice how well Highsmith performed after he went down

The only thing I wasn't wild on with Highsmith was the inside spins. They could be super effective but also made it very easy for the QB or runner to break contain.

But I do agree that Dupree is a good but overrated player and most of his recent sacks have been a product of TJ, Cam and Tuitt IMO.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Bud is expected to get in the 18 mil a year range. Crazy.

Also, Conner not coming back has been obvious since before the season even ended.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That's an insane amount for someone coming off his injury.

Given what Watt just got and the supply/demand in the market for OLB pass rushers, one could argue 18M is about what you'd expect for someone like Bud with the question marks. If there were no injury, you'd be north of 20M per on a long term deal.

Reactions: That1Kid

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Given what Watt just got and the supply/demand in the market for OLB pass rushers, one could argue 18M is about what you'd expect for someone like Bud with the question marks. If there were no injury, you'd be north of 20M per on a long term deal.

Ya it’s about market rate... just whomever signs Dupree will likely regret it if the deal is long term.

I can’t see him living up to that deal. His new team will regret it by year 3 or so, maybe sooner.

Same will happen with JJSS and his new team.

FAs rarely live up to their over-inflated deals.

The JJ Watt deal is comical though... dude is on the cusp of being old, and he hasn’t really done anything in the last couple years.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad