The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers/Football talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
If there is a just and merciful football god, he will have JJ Watt sign with the Steelers . . . so I can be on this board the moment he drops into coverage on Jarvis Landry.

cage_laugh.gif

I didn't see the second part coming at all...audibly laughed, good lord.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If there was a merciful football god we wouldn’t have had Tomlin around this long.

Perhaps.

On the other hand, counter-point: A just football god could argue that Tomlin is exactly the type of coach Yinzer Nation deserves, no?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
If JJ signed here I'd def let him play TE. Cut Ebron.

As much as I'm 100% on "LT in Round 1" grabbing an impact TE would make me change my mind.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Perhaps.

On the other hand, counter-point: A just football god could argue that Tomlin is exactly the type of coach Yinzer Nation deserves, no?

Yinzers are just delusional and mostly annoying people, but they aren’t bad folk... no one deserves Tomlin Purgatory.

Reactions: KIRK

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It amuses me that people think that yinzers are only in Pittsburgh. Believe it or there are not a few places filled with yinzers on steroids.

Reactions: KIRK

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If JJ signed here I'd def let him play TE. Cut Ebron.

As much as I'm 100% on "LT in Round 1" grabbing an impact TE would make me change my mind.

I think there is real potential that Freirmuth is there in the 2nd round when we pick. That would be huge for us.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Idk if JJ makes sense here. Or why he’d want to other than the obvious. We aren’t a true contender. But damn I’d love him, if only for his locker room presence.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Would they move Tuitt to NT, Cam to DT, and play JJ where Cam plays now at DE? Doesn't seem ideal

I think you'd just have Watt rotating in with Cam and Tuitt. You do need rotation/depth DEs; they frequently get hurt. Watt would probably play 50%ish of snaps here.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I think you'd just have Watt rotating in with Cam and Tuitt. You do need rotation/depth DEs; they frequently get hurt. Watt would probably play 50%ish of snaps here.
And he’d probably be more effective playing less snaps. I’d rather have him make an impact playing less than have little impact playing a ton.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Realistically I don’t see why he’d come to Pittsburgh if he’s chasing a ring. The Roethlisberger window is sealed shut

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
JJ will replace Bud and come off the edge. Bud wasn't dropping in coverage a lot. It's mostly TJ.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Best-case, worst-case scenarios for all 32 NFL teams | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Best-case: Big Ben is gone and the rebuild commences

Worst-case: Big Ben gets restructured and other free agents like Bud Dupree and JuJu Smith-Schuster are prioritized over Mike Hilton and Cameron Sutton

The best-case scenario here isn’t going to occur. Ben Roethlisberger ranked 25th of 33 quarterbacks in passing grade on 10-plus yard throws in 2020 — and he'll be back on a restructured deal. Even with an altered contract for Big Ben, Pittsburgh will still have little cap space to work with, so it’s important they allocate what they have to cornerbacks Mike Hilton and Cameron Sutton over guys like Bud Dupree or JuJu Smith-Schuster. Sutton and Hilton combined will cost nearly three times less than Smith-Schuster and generated 2.5 times more WAR combined than the wide receiver in 2020. As for Dupree, the two corners generated six times as much WAR than the pass-rusher and will also cost less.

Reactions: Andy99 and That1Kid

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I do t think we’ll have to worry about Juju or bud.

Juju obviously, but agreed that even Bud coming off the nasty injury will find a team or two willing to take a chance on a deal (maybe not term, but something one year outside what the Steelers could afford).

Reactions: OnMyOwn

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Damn. He was pretty good too, I remember he opened the scoring with a long TD catch from Rivers in the ‘08 divisional game @ Heinz for the Chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad