The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers/Football talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) | TribLIVE.com

Good article by Madden giving it blunt to Stiller Nation.

I have no clue why this org stays in such a world of delusions.

It's been this way as long as i lived. Now i wasn't alive during the 70s, but I mean growing up in the 90s, I would have never believed anything in the 80s even happened for the Steelers. It was oh how great we were in the 70s and then 80s never happened.

What i'm trying to say is the fan base has ALWAYS ignored the truth right in front of them.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's been this way as long as i lived. Now i wasn't alive during the 70s, but I mean growing up in the 90s, I would have never believed anything in the 80s even happened for the Steelers. It was oh how great we were in the 70s and then 80s never happened.

What i'm trying to say is the fan base has ALWAYS ignored the truth right in front of them.

There are still a ton of Tomlin fans, including the owner.

I just find it incredible how they live in denial and none of them face the truth.

Every team needs to rebuild. Every team needs to hire new coaches.

The Steeler Way has been broken for a decade and it’s time to face reality.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

I just find it incredible how they live in denial and none of them face the truth.

This is the problem; far too many clowns still live the clown coach despite the past decade of incompetence. People only focus on his winning record in the regular season.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
This is the problem; far too many clowns still live the clown coach despite the past decade of incompetence. People only focus on his winning record in the regular season.
It must be so awful to be a Steelers fan. So much winning!

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Except December and January. Not that those months matter much.

Steelers have become the Caps, but at least the Caps have a championship this decade.

I hope the Steelers hang their regular season banners where all can admire them.

If they had kept Barbeque Bruce because of no losing seasons! doubt they'd have that championship

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If they had kept Barbeque Bruce because of no losing seasons! doubt they'd have that championship

Don’t tell us your goal is to win championships and that’s the standard... yet they continue to accept Tomlin’s late season collapses and losing ways in the playoffs.

Steelers don’t get to make that claim anymore without us calling bullshit.

A decade of this silliness is more than enough.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Amen Jiggy. Amen. Some of these same people had blind faith in Dan Bylsma until Mike Sullivan shut it all down for good. We won't get that on the Steelers side because they waited too long. The time to fire Tomlin was so long ago. So so so long ago.

Reactions: KIRK

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Amen Jiggy. Amen. Some of these same people had blind faith in Dan Bylsma until Mike Sullivan shut it all down for good. We won't get that on the Steelers side because they waited too long. The time to fire Tomlin was so long ago. So so so long ago.
I will never understand how he wasn’t booted after the Jacksonville playoff loss several years ago. It’s maddening that he’s coming back after the Cleveland loss. How does the ownership think everything is okay with bozo the coach????

Our team was utterly unprepared in both of these last playoff games against weaker opponents. Players even said they weren’t prepared. At least Jacksonville’s coach was allowed to attend the game; Tomlin’s most pathetic loss came at the hands of a guy sitting on a couch in his basement while others coached.

And they bring clown back for more!?!? This would be so amusing if this was happening to the Browns or Ravens.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Even my bro who was a staunch Tomlin supporter finally gave up.

I keep asking Tomlin supporters who say they could hire a guy who isn’t as ‘good’ as him - “What’s the worst that could happen? They don’t win any playoff games?”

Uh, guess what’s happening under Tomlin...

It’s not just losing, it’s being utterly embarrassed.

It honestly can’t get any worse than it is with Tomlin.

Going 5-11 isn’t as embarrassing as going 11-0, dropping 5 of your last 6... giving up the most points in first quarter playoff history... to the f***ing Browns... at HOME.

And that’s coming off his last playoffs where Tomlin was the first coach since the merger to ever score 40 at home in the playoffs and lose - think how many playoff games have been played in the last 50 years...

How does it get more embarrassing than this? I’d love to know...

He’s made them the kind of unique laughing stock that even a coach with a losing record can’t accomplish.

Last edited:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
It's organization rot at this point. Too many people too comfortable in their position. Stagnation, protection hires, favors, etc. I'm hoping when Colbert retires Khan takes over and flips the table. Next year is going to be brutal

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011

I've been of the mind that the "Steeler Way" of championing never having losing seasons as often as they do is an assinine way to go about building for actual championships, you know, the only thing that should actually matter? The league is designed to punish perpetually succesful teams in the regular season, and reward losers. In what way is taking pride in not ever taking advantage of that built in handicap a conducive way to build towards a championship?

How many people 20 years from now will remember all the non losing seasons the Steelers had this decade, and how many will remember the Eagles winning the Super Bowl 3 years ago sandwiched in between years of utter crap? Which is the more worthwhile goal to strive for?

It's part of why I have no hope for the future of this team anytime soon, as even when a close to perfect possible scenario for a needing to rebuild team is staring them right in the face next season (a bunch of contracts coming due, little to no cap space, an aged qb ready to be put out to pasture with no true successor ready, and a difficult as hell schedule all setting up for the perfect opportunity to actually "tank" a year for once and set themselves up better for the future), it's looking like they're going to try once again to salvage Tomlin's record streak instead of doing what's actually best for the future of the team.

A lot of people disagree with me when I bring it up, but I'll never understand being so proud of non-losing seasons or not firing coaches. This is the only team in the league that has to invent obscure statistical accomplishments because of the standard they pretend they hold themselves to, where any other organization would view a decade of talented rosters amounting to a 3-8 playoff record as an abject failure.

They constantly preach that the standard is the standard in this town, and that standard is winning (championships), yet they have to repeatedly redefine what winning actually entails so they can continue to peddle that nonsense empty platitude.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Stafford was very good this past year, his team really screws him. Dropping game winning wide open TDs.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
What's the value of a 32 year QB who's arguably top 15? I bet he can be had for a 2nd.

Too bad Steelers will miss out on him.

The Sodfather

Jan 19, 2021
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Stafford would be a good stop gap QB, but they can't afford to give up a first for him. They need too much, don't have enough cap space and are probably trying to figure out how to defer money if Ben comes back instead of telling him he needs to retire.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It's organization rot at this point. Too many people too comfortable in their position. Stagnation, protection hires, favors, etc. I'm hoping when Colbert retires Khan takes over and flips the table. Next year is going to be brutal
Do you think a guy that’s been employed by the Steelers for 20 years will suddenly change the culture?

giphy.gif

They need to hire an external candidate for GM, head coach, and assistant coaches. Drain the swamp, mannn.

It’s all moot until AR2 is still here. He’s the worst.

Last edited:

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Deshaun Watson listed 2 teams hes willing to be traded to.

#1 NYJ
#2 Miami

I guess winning isn't a priority anymore with some of these young dudes?

Id take Miami all day... besides them being a better team. No state taxes, Better weather.

He goes to NYJs he will burn most of his remaining prime yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->