GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
There's nothing to really like about his game. Poor pocket presence and poor decision-making are just the start

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Malik Hooker is in town visiting with the team. I don't know if he's an upgrade on Edmunds, but he'd at least bring some depth and pedigree. He also fits in better with Minkah than Edmunds. Hooker likes to play that center field position, and it would free Minkah up. Hooker is also a ball hawk, which Edmunds never has been. Could be an interesting reclamation project.

Reactions: Pengwins

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
New Castle PA boy getting a hometown look. He was a stud at OSU. Could be a change of scenery gets him back to form. Just turned 25

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Signing Hooker would also maybe see Edmunds move positions. The issue with Hooker is he's coming off of a torn achilles.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm not the biggest Edmunds fan but I feel like there are some big gaps on the roster that take priority over an upgrade at safety. Notably, depth at OL and EDGE.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
The Clown Show hasn't been on the news. Im starting to get worried. Im sure it'll.be business as usual after 0-4 and they will themselves to 8-8 AGAIN like we haven't seen that before. They didn't have a losing season though. Put the clown in the hof

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm not the biggest Edmunds fan but I feel like there are some big gaps on the roster that take priority over an upgrade at safety. Notably, depth at OL and EDGE.

Or a starting cornerback. That has tobe the most concerning thing to me right now. We are slated to start an undrafted free agent 2nd year player at corner.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
They aren’t signing another o line player and hooker would be the 3rd safety on the depth chart maybe allowing Edmonds to player rover like ADams in Seattle

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Not that I wouldn’t do the same, but for those who believe JJSS came back because of loyalty and the fans uh.... here is your wake up call:

JuJu Smith-Schuster using Steelers for bigger payday can't bleed into moving him from slot: Kaboly

Smith-Schuster indicated Wednesday that the main factor in his returning to the Steelers — and not signing with the Chiefs or Ravens — was to set himself up for a significant payday with the highest bidder in 2022.

“If the price is right,” Smith-Schuster joked during his virtual session with the media when asked if he would go to the Ravens next year.

Smith-Schuster wore a smile, but he was likely telling the truth. The market didn’t bear what Smith-Schuster thought his value was during the free-agency period, allowing the Steelers to bring him back on a one-year, $8 million deal.

Smith-Schuster was so sure he was going elsewhere in March that he told several teammates he was all but gone. It never happened, in part because the salary cap was reduced by an estimated $20 million due to the effects of the pandemic.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Well duh he wants to be paid and needs to show teams he can play both inside and outside. He will want Jarvis Landry 4-60 deal minimum next year.

tenor.gif

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The article was talking about not moving him from the slot cause that would take snaps from DJ and Washington. The article said he is an elite slot wr but that’s not going to get him paid. He saw his value was a low end 2 high end 3. He heard the 2 games over 100 yards receiving without AB. He wants to show he is a number 2 high end low end 1. Kupp got 3/47Jarvis got 4-60 that’s his minimum he wants next season

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The article was talking about not moving him from the slot cause that would take snaps from DJ and Washington. The article said he is an elite slot wr but that’s not going to get him paid. He saw his value was a low end 2 high end 3. He heard the 2 games over 100 yards receiving without AB. He wants to show he is a number 2 high end low end 1. Kupp got 3/47Jarvis got 4-60 that’s his minimum he wants next season

That’s swell and all, but my post had nothing to do with that.

Lots of fans actually believed he came back out of loyalty to the team and fans, but the offers weren’t there so he came back with his tail between his legs and played it off like it was his plan.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
That’s swell and all, but my post had nothing to do with that.

Lots of fans actually believed he came back out of loyalty to the team and fans, but the offers weren’t there so he came back with his tail between his legs and played it off like it was his plan.
He took less money to return though that’s a fact. He is banking on the Steelers taking care of him this off season. KC and BMore offered more salary plus incentives

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He took less money to return though that’s a fact. He is banking on the Steelers taking care of him this off season. KC and BMore offered more salary plus incentives

He took less because he knows the Steelers offense and has a much better chance of putting up stats as their primary flanker.

Ravens are a running squad and he would see much fewer targets there being their secondary flanker... KC he would be at best their third target.

He came back because the Steelers gave him the best chance to put up big numbers and earn his payday next spring.

This nonsense about loving the fans and team was extremely disingenuous.

How so many of his fans bought into that rhetoric was comical.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
He took less because he knows the Steelers offense and has a much better chance of putting up stats as their primary flanker.

Ravens are a running squad and he would see much fewer targets there being their secondary flanker... KC he would be at best their third target.

He came back because the Steelers gave him the best chance to put up big numbers and earn his payday next spring.

This nonsense about loving the fans and team was extremely disingenuous.

How so many of his fans bought into that rhetoric was comical.

He actually said this in a prior interview. The teams that were interested in him were good teams, but he completely recognized that he wouldn't be that team's primary option. He also doesn't like the fact that that the QBs run in instances where Ben scrambles a bit and passes the ball.

I think JuJu likes Pittsburgh just fine. If presented with a similar offer that other teams offer him next season, I think he absolutely stays. That being said, some team is going to pay him. He's good enough at multiple facets of the game.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I just listened to a Chuks Okorafor media scrum and it nearly gave me a seizure.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Juju's replaceable, he's really not that good. Adios next year.

Only reason everyone loves him cause his name sounds like choo choo. What a name what a guy! Everyone loves a good name! Who cares he sucks!

sihpt4674.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad