GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Guys.. I had no idea the draft was even on. As a Buckeye fan - Harris is a f***ing BEAST. Goodness is he a beast. But I had no clue the NFL draft was even on.

Also - if a member is bringing Kris Letang into a football thread, don't respond. Just warn. I'll hit that with infractions all day long. That is the definition of trolling.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Zierlein has us picking Humphrey in his 2 and 3 round mock he posted today. He had both Dickerson and Meinerz available at #55. In fact, he had Dickerson slipping past the Steelers in round 3.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The fact that a RB was taken right after us and that the Jets were desperate to get ahead of the Steelers to grab Harris tells you that the Steelers were not an outlier.

It was not like the Steelers took him top ten. Bottom third of the first round is not much different than the top half of the second round.

I get why football moved away from high picks on RBs. I get why they covet mobility in quarterbacks.

But I think that they have gone too far to the point of undervaluing.

Quarterbacks like Mack Jones and Trask have been nicked when all they do is make quick accurate reads, accurate passes, and win. Average mobility is not the liability that most think. And New England is going to make a lot of people pay for passing on Jones. Harris will be a top five back almost immediately especially if the line gets even average play. And Trask is going to surprise many.

Reactions: Pengwins

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
The fact that a RB was taken right after us and that the Jets were desperate to get ahead of the Steelers to grab Harris tells you that the Steelers were not an outlier.

It was not like the Steelers took him top ten. Bottom third of the first round is not much different than the top half of the second round.

I get why football moved away from high picks on RBs. I get why they covet mobility in quarterbacks.

But I think that they have gone too far to the point of undervaluing.

Quarterbacks like Mack Jones and Trask have been nicked when all they do is make quick accurate reads, accurate passes, and win. Average mobility is not the liability that most think. And New England is going to make a lot of people pay for passing on Jones. Harris will be a top five back almost immediately especially if the line gets even average play. And Trask is going to surprise many.

I don’t really see too many Steelers fans complaining about Harris. With no great OL options available, Harris was a good pick. I think the biggest fuss I’ve seen was from PFF and who cares what they think.

Time will tell with Jones or Trask. Jones got criticism but he still went at 15 which is pretty fair I think.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Guys.. I had no idea the draft was even on. As a Buckeye fan - Harris is a f***ing BEAST. Goodness is he a beast. But I had no clue the NFL draft was even on.

Also - if a member is bringing Kris Letang into a football thread, don't respond. Just warn. I'll hit that with infractions all day long. That is the definition of trolling.

Between this and your shirking your PGT responsibilities, it's pretty clear that your ongoing battle against PTJSD (post traumatic JAWS stress disorder) is getting the better of you.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Zierlein has us picking Humphrey in his 2 and 3 round mock he posted today. He had both Dickerson and Meinerz available at #55. In fact, he had Dickerson slipping past the Steelers in round 3.

1. Humprhrey works quite nicely thank you. I'm guessing Meinerz is their plan B.

2. Dickerson's medicals must be pretty scary for him to slide that far.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Between this and your shirking your PGT responsibilities, it's pretty clear that your ongoing battle against PTJSD (post traumatic JAWS stress disorder) is getting the better of you.
I think I'm falling out with football. I'll watch steelers and buckeyes but time is too valuable with family.

So I kinda don't even care who we draft. I'll watch it casually.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think I'm falling out with football. I'll watch steelers and buckeyes but time is too valuable with family.

So I kinda don't even care who we draft. I'll watch it casually.

If there's a just and merciful god, I live long enough to be a fly on the wall the day your sweet little niece said 'Uncle Jarad, can we watch JAWS together'. :D

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If there's a just and merciful god, I live long enough to be a fly on the wall the day your sweet little niece said 'Uncle Jarad, can we watch JAWS together'. :D
He watches tremors way too much. f***ing tremors.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He watches tremors way too much. f***ing tremors.

That's Tremors. Harmless stupid movie. But, JAWS, the day that he attaches willingness to continue to love you to your willingness to watch JAWS again and again and again . . . what ever will you do?

tenor.gif

Reactions: ColePens

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
as a bay area native and current east bay resident with some affinity for the team in black and gold...have to offer congratulations selecting a great player and a great person. analytics on the value of the position notwithstanding, how can you not excited about someone that gets compared to Steven Jackson/Matt Forte/Lev Bell on the field and can call Marshawn Lynch a mentor.

On NFL draft day, Najee Harris returns to Bay Area homeless shelter where he spent part of childhood

Marshawn Lynch becomes 'older brother' to Najee Harris, another marquee RB from East Bay

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hoping Creed falls to us, wouldn’t hate it if we traded up to nab Jenkins

I really think they're going C/G round 2. Either Humphrey or Meinerz. I think at least one of them falls.

Hard to get a read on Dickerson, if they'd take him if he fell that far.

Not sure if they like Myers enough in round 2.

EDIT: Dickerson is the ultimate crap shoot. If he could stay healthy, he's a slam dunk. If the medical issues continue, it's damn near a wasted pick. Just not sure what number overall is the spot at which someone takes the gamble, but I'll guess it's most likely going to be a rebuilding team and/or a team with multiple extra picks this year and next.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There are a lot of good D players available which is how I could see Humphrey falling to the Steelers.

Oh, I agree. And if he doesn't fall, I think they really like Meinerz. Not sure where they are on medicals of Dickerson or how much they like Myers.

EDIT: And it's not beyond the scope of what's possible for a OT to fall.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
A number of players who were on the Steelers radar have already been selected in the first 10 picks of the second round...

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
A number of players who were on the Steelers radar have already been selected in the first 10 picks of the second round...

A lot of players who are are on their radar are still there. Optimism Andy. I think things are shaping up pretty well in the second round for the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->