GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Tyrann Mathieu on Le’Veon Bell: “These fellas will blame everybody for their lack of success”

Even though I wanted him gone and he wouldn’t have changed the Tomlin Purgatory this team is in... Bell just gave the league a master course in how to ruin your career.

Did anyone not see this coming?

It sucks because he was a good kid coming into the league. His agent is one of the worst in the league and pumped his head full of BS. Well that and the drugs and wanting to be a rapper.

AB would've had the same fate if not for his relationship with Brady.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It sucks because he was a good kid coming into the league. His agent is one of the worst in the league and pumped his head full of BS. Well that and the drugs and wanting to be a rapper.

AB would've had the same fate if not for his relationship with Brady.

He was breaking down and it was extremely obvious, which is why I wanted him gone.

He didn’t realize what was going on and blew it... lost a lot of money and his legacy in Pgh, which would have meant much more residual money in his pocket over the coming years, long after he retired.

He is still set for life (of course many of these guys seem to go bankrupt), but he made some really bad business decisions.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
It's a shame AB didn't work out in Oakland. I think it would've been fun to watch teams deal with him and Waller.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
He was breaking down and it was extremely obvious, which is why I wanted him gone.

He didn’t realize what was going on and blew it... lost a lot of money and his legacy in Pgh, which would have meant much more residual money in his pocket over the coming years, long after he retired.

He is still set for life (of course many of these guys seem to go bankrupt), but he made some really bad business decisions.

I'm willing to bet there's a greater than 90% chance that AB is bankrupt and broke within 3 years of retirement.

Between all the law suits, multiple baby mamas, massive ego, and lack of anything remotely resembling maturity or responsibility, he jsut doesn't have the life skills or ability to handle all that money.
Not to mention he's a 32 year old man who needed a baby sitter in Tom Brady to be allowed to join an NFL team.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm willing to bet there's a greater than 90% chance that AB is bankrupt and broke within 3 years of retirement.

Between all the law suits, multiple baby mamas, massive ego, and lack of anything remotely resembling maturity or responsibility, he jsut doesn't have the life skills or ability to handle all that money.
Not to mention he's a 32 year old man who needed a baby sitter in Tom Brady to be allowed to join an NFL team.

He’s a detestable human being, but there is always hope he can change and mature.

I was a lunatic with a violent temper until I was 19 and beat the hell out of my father when I thought he was going to beat on me again... I left him in a pool of his own blood and looked down at him and put my fist through his car windshield to finish things off.

It was shocking to me what I could do when I truly went off and decided to change that day or I would be a real danger to those I loved....thankfully I got anger counseling and changed 180 because now I have two kids.

I get ABs a lot older than I was and he has to have his moment that makes him want to change, but there is hope there for most of us - some ppl I get are truly gone though.

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Tyrann Mathieu on Le’Veon Bell: “These fellas will blame everybody for their lack of success”

Even though I wanted him gone and he wouldn’t have changed the Tomlin Purgatory this team is in... Bell just gave the league a master course in how to ruin your career.

Did anyone not see this coming?

It'd be different if it were a shit coach, but he just swept the leg on Andy Reid. It's over for him now. No other coach is going to bring this into their room. He's especially done considering the fact that he's old now. He seemed like such a different dude coming out of MSU. Locker room cancer...melodramatic diva...blown millions...7 kids to 6 women later...good riddance to this dude. He legitimately could have been a HOFer. He and Brown both.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It'd be different if it were a shit coach, but he just swept the leg on Andy Reid. It's over for him now. No other coach is going to bring this into their room. He's especially done considering the fact that he's old now. He seemed like such a different dude coming out of MSU. Locker room cancer...melodramatic diva...blown millions...7 kids to 6 women later...good riddance to this dude. He legitimately could have been a HOFer. He and Brown both.

He blamed his lack of success with the Jets for not having a more “defensive minded coach” that wanted to pound the ball.

His wheels fell off before he signed that deal with the Jets, but can’t admit it to himself... so now it’s everyone else’s fault.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The OL is going to struggle unless the new coach is a miracle worker

It really comes down to how Green does. If he can plug the C hole and be more engaged than Pouncey was, that's going to go a long way in itself. Pouncey was checked out of here. Having fresh blood on that line to bring some disposition is a good thing. Harris is going to help too. Even if our tackles struggle pass blocking, having a legit run game is going to help so much.

He blamed his lack of success with the Jets for not having a more “defensive minded coach” that wanted to pound the ball.

His wheels fell off before he signed that deal with the Jets, but can’t admit it to himself... so now it’s everyone else’s fault.

Yeah, he's just a joke really. I do fall in line with the thought process that a good running game is the best defense you can have, specifically because it lets your big guys have a lot of rest, but that's just an insane take from a player grasping at straws to justify why he sucks.

Steelers OC: Ben Roethlisberger's voice, vision will be what we do in new offense - ProFootballTalk

Hopefully the line is good enough to support a heavy run game. If the line can be average and we don’t ask Ben to do too much, we should have a solid squad.

Ben's throws per game needs to stay under 30. If it goes above that, we may be in trouble.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Ben's throws per game needs to stay under 30. If it goes above that, we may be in trouble.

I agree. Harris should see 20-25 touches immediately, which should help
keep Ben’s attempts down. I wonder how the target distribution will look among the WRs. Apparently JuJu is gonna play more on the outside, so I’d expect DJ to play in the slot more, with Chase also on the outside. I would think the short/intermediate stuff to DJ isn’t going away, but the volume will be trimmed quite a bit. Chase is the deep threat, which leaves JuJu as the 3rd option (assuming Chase sees the #1 CB most of the time). Will be really interesting to see how they spread the ball around this year.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
1. It’s highly unlikely a rookie G turned C provides much improvement even if Pouncey was a shell of himself

2. Teams know Ben can’t toss it anymore. You can give it to Harris 25 times but the other teams are going to see that coming

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
1. It’s highly unlikely a rookie G turned C provides much improvement even if Pouncey was a shell of himself

2. Teams know Ben can’t toss it anymore. You can give it to Harris 25 times but the other teams are going to see that coming

I’m more concerned with our o-line than teams stacking the box. If a team does that, good luck containing our receivers all game. While Ben might be washed physically, he is still a smart player who can find the open guy/make the right decision. If he is really bad, he will get benched for Rudolph. I’m low on Rudolph, but he’s an option if we need a boost mid-season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So Matt Canada is gonna let Ben do what Ben wants to do. I like how they act like he wasn't already doing that shit for years. Matt is either smart as f*** for saying it so he doesn't get thrown under the bus by fans or he's doing another old boys club shtick that is so popular with Pittsburgh Sports at the moment.

The standard, is the standard and the standard is shit.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
We pulled Villanueva off of a scrap heap. I think Moore is an interesting prospect. He's underwhelming in terms of physical attributes. He doesn't do anything particularly well, but what he has done is start in the SEC at LT for 3 years. He's a good dude by everything I've read and highly coachable. Guys like him typically at least turn out to be serviceable players. I'm not saying the dude is some sort of savior, but I think he has a chance to be just good enough until we can find a legit replacement.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
So Matt Canada is gonna let Ben do what Ben wants to do. I like how they act like he wasn't already doing that shit for years. Matt is either smart as f*** for saying it so he doesn't get thrown under the bus by fans or he's doing another old boys club shtick that is so popular with Pittsburgh Sports at the moment.

Ben is a HOF QB and Matt is a 1st year OC. Are you surprised? At least we actually have a real OC now. I think his system is gimmicky, but he’s willing to be creative, which is a step in the right direction.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I’m more concerned with our o-line than teams stacking the box. If a team does that, good luck containing our receivers all game. While Ben might be washed physically, he is still a smart player who can find the open guy/make the right decision. If he is really bad, he will get benched for Rudolph. I’m low on Rudolph, but he’s an option if we need a boost mid-season.
I don’t think he gets benched he just had 4 turnovers in the playoffs and they brought him back saying he gives us the best chance to win.
I do think they might see more load management out Ben and the other vets

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

It took Ben 2 years to adapt to Haley. You know he hates play action and Fitchner said he would have to get him out his comfort zone. He struggled with RPo under Haley and predetermines his reads and never moved his head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad