GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
If I'm understanding the timeline correctly. This incident happened on July 3rd then he proposed to her a week later. So I'm not too sure we should feel bad for him.

"Contradicting the engagement reports, Kalabrya told police they were planning to celebrate their commitment to each other by renewing their vows, according to statements contained in an arrest report. They were reportedly married on March 19 after dating for about a year and a half."

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
"Contradicting the engagement reports, Kalabrya told police they were planning to celebrate their commitment to each other by renewing their vows, according to statements contained in an arrest report. They were reportedly married on March 19 after dating for about a year and a half."

:thumbu:

Well his IG is confusing then. No wedding pictures. Just the most recent post saying I couldn't make you wait forever and giving her a fat rock :confused:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
that's not correct. he used to sneak the ball before haley got here.

haley's initiative from the top was to keep ben healthy mostly through getting rid of the ball sooner. the non QB sneak was just a part of it
thank you for remembering, but why then did it continue long after haley was gone?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
This is the point I’ve been making that the doomsayers keep missing.

If Harris can be their focal point and keep Roth to 20-25 passes a game, that keeps him from being banged around, keeps his arm fresh, and makes their offense harder to defend.

An offense with Harris. Juju, Claypool, Johnson and what looks like two good receiving TE, should be pretty damn good.

People worry about the OL, but Big Al, Pouncey and DD were just avg to atrocious many times last season.

I just can’t see the OL being any worse considering how those three played last season.

If Harris is a good back, then you can expect him to get 30 + carries per game. Tomlin runs the wheels off all his backs even when there are available backups to spread the load. Then said back isn't available for crucial playoff games- it's the Tomlin way.

Then all his defenders will use the excuse "he didn't have all his available players so it's not his fault"
It's the same cycle for the past decade and a half...

Reactions: KIRK

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Eh, I don't think the Haskins thing is going to be as clear cut as it seems. Something weird going on there ...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Eh, I don't think the Haskins thing is going to be as clear cut as it seems. Something weird going on there ...

Weird how? Sounds like his wife just went off.

I think we are just conditioned to thinking many NFLers are women abusers, but sometimes it can be a case that the woman has a bad temper.

We'll see if ay other details emerge, but it sounds like she was pissed at him for not waiting for her to go to the club, and she lost it on him and busted up his face.

If Harris is a good back, then you can expect him to get 30 + carries per game. Tomlin runs the wheels off all his backs even when there are available backups to spread the load. Then said back isn't available for crucial playoff games- it's the Tomlin way.

Then all his defenders will use the excuse "he didn't have all his available players so it's not his fault"
It's the same cycle for the past decade and a half...

Tomlin isn't one to learn his lesson and loves to repeat his mistakes, so this is very likely Harris' fate.

I don't know if he will get 30+ caries, but since he's a gifted receiver, he will get 30+ touches a game and likely be well over 430-450 touches... which is how you wear down your feature back - something Tomlin hasn't figured out after after 14 years in the league.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Tomlin isn't one to learn his lesson and loves to repeat his mistakes, so this is very likely Harris' fate.

I don't know if he will get 30+ caries, but since he's a gifted receiver, he will get 30+ touches a game and likely be well over 430-450 touches... which is how you wear down your feature back - something Tomlin hasn't figured out after after 14 years in the league.

"C'mon guys, his teams are never healthy for the playoffs- it's not Tomlins fault"

Yet the reason for the injuries is in part due to Tomlin not putting players on a pitch count, as it were.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
This franchise is as bad as Jerry Springer.

It's what happens when a team with financial resources and rich tradition falls victim to identity politics.

That's how you end up extending head coaches with 1 playoff win in damn near a decade including numerous pathetic 1st round losses.

But hey, we never loses more than 8 games in the regular season....

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Weird how? Sounds like his wife just went off.

I think we are just conditioned to thinking many NFLers are women abusers, but sometimes it can be a case that the woman has a bad temper.

We'll see if ay other details emerge, but it sounds like she was pissed at him for not waiting for her to go to the club, and she lost it on him and busted up his face.

Can't put my finger on it, spidey-sense is just tingling on this one.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
This franchise is as bad as Jerry Springer.

It's what happens when a team with financial resources and rich tradition falls victim to identity politics.

That's how you end up extending head coaches with 1 playoff win in damn near a decade including numerous pathetic 1st round losses.

But hey, we never loses more than 8 games in the regular season....
Sean Peyton and pett carol have the same amount off playoff wins in the last 10 seasons Peyton has 2 losing seasons with Brees at QB. They didn’t get fired

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Sean Peyton and pett carol have the same amount off playoff wins in the last 10 seasons Peyton has 2 losing seasons with Brees at QB. They didn’t get fired

Yeah, and those franchises are wrong as well. Unlike some in this country, I don't give a shit what color you are. Produce results or get the f*** out of the city. Period.

Resting laurels on some SB win that happened ages ago. Yawn.

It's not even about wins/losses at this point either. The Steelers ownership/FO/HC don't believe in discipline or accountability, as evidenced by the routine shit shows that take hold of the team every damn year for a solid decade now. Ben, AB, Bell, etc, etc. Good assistants leaving and shit ones being given power because they are yes men and bro's w/certain key players.

I'd rather watch the f***ing Pirates. At least I know they lose, largely because the owner is cheap. I know what to expect.

Pittsburgh isn't cheap and wasn't a joke franchise up until the last decade. They became one because politics took over as the primary focus of Dan/Art Jr.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Men being victims of spousal abuse is very overlooked in our society. It happens a lot more than people want to think.

I’m gonna assume this isn’t the first time he’s been hit by her.

Ya, there is likely a stigma there that any NFL player who got busted up by his wife had it coming - that she was doing it in self-defense, etc.

Sometimes guys can be the victims - even NFL players.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
thank you for remembering, but why then did it continue long after haley was gone?

to keep that initiative going. IIRC they ran one against cleveland when haley went to the browns to spite him.
But i doubt the play is in the playbook. and if they don't practice it, you're begging for your QB to get ear holed if an offensive lineman does his job incorrectly if you want to run it on the fly. not what the FO wants

like we saw last year with the short passing game. the game plan was to get the ball out of Ben's hands quickly especially considering how the bad O line was and his recent arm injury, so he can survive the season.

Last edited:

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
to keep that initiative going. IIRC they ran one against cleveland when haley went to the browns to spite him.
But i doubt the play is in the playbook. and if they don't practice it, you're begging for your QB to get ear holed if an offensive lineman does his job incorrectly if you want to run it on the fly. not what the FO wants

like we saw last year with the short passing game. the game plan was to get the ball out of Ben's hands quickly especially considering how the bad O line was and his recent arm injury, so he can survive the season.
i think that's the case, but I'm sure any (or almost any) can change the call if he sees something. no oc would cry to much about that. imo

Reactions: lastcupever75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad