OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Good JuJu comes at a high price

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
He’s no Metcalf though...

He's not. I've always said since Day 1 I thought DJ will end up being good just not the receiver we needed right now. My thought process was I thought we were trying to win in the 2-3 year window we have with Ben. We don't have 3-4 years for DJ to become an AB clone. By the time he reaches that level Mason Jagoff or Duck will be our starting QB.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He's not. I've always said since Day 1 I thought DJ will end up being good just not the receiver we needed right now. My thought process was I thought we were trying to win in the 2-3 year window we have with Ben. We don't have 3-4 years for DJ to become an AB clone. By the time he reaches that level Mason Jagoff or Duck will be our starting QB.

Dude was starting by week 6... your comment makes zero sense.

I'm guessing you didn't pick Steinbeck for you book report.

I don’t think there was any heavy petting accusations levied agt Roth... but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

yes what ben needs is a one trick deep threat. Not a guy that can get open all over the field. :facepalm:

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I'm guessing you didn't pick Steinbeck for you book report.
Sigh...

YES, I’ve read the book and I know who and what Lennie is.

So you are suggesting that Ben is a big, dumb idiot with mental issues who crushes everything that he touches???

I see takes like this all the time and it is also the reason that a lot of Pittsburgh “fans” hated Bradshaw as well...

Terry was from LOUSYANNA, talked with a drawl and was mocked for being an idiot and a moron. (Even Coach T attacked his intelligence when he dared criticize Aviators).

Same thing with Ben, and it’s not just the local media, the national media as well.

Both Ben and Bradshaw came from “middle America”. You know, “flyover country”. Terry was a southern “hick” who talked funny and Ben is somebody form RURAL Ohio that wears camo BOWTECH hats doesn’t drink unicorn blood smoothies during the off-season...

On the other hand, the golden boys like Brady and Rodgers come from California! Sophisticated! Educated! Good looking! In shape! Hot wives abs girlfriends!

We saw the same thing with the Manning brothers. People literally hated them because of their aw shucks drawls and attacked them as dumb hicks from the south as well...

This is where we are in society today. Those who scream the loudest about “unity” and “acceptance” and “tolerance” are the first to attack people simply because of where they are from or how they talk or what they look like...

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
They loved TH, who plain sucked at the pro level, but he was a good catholic/Notre Dame guy. But IIRC - and we're going back a long time now - yinzer nation was kind of split on Gilliam. Dude was so talented, but in 1974/5 I don't think most Steeler fans were ready for an African-American QB. He didn't have much room for error. Too bad.

Yeah, I was 8 at the time so I wouldn't have understand any of that. Gilliam did win the starting job coming out of camp in '73 but lost it after the third or forth game.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Harrison should be dead to any yinzer that proclaims to bleed black and gold after what he's done/said since leaving the Steelers.

Reactions: Factorial

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Any chance Harrison’s accusations can get the fraud Tomlin fired?
Let’s hope.

You may be pissed at Harrison for leaving the Steelers to go to the evil empire but I believe every word he says about the difference in locker rooms. Tomlin runs a shit show while Bellichick has accountability for EVERYONE...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Nah, Lennie's a brain genius compared to some of these idiots. :laugh:

Hell, some of these cats make Leon Spinks look like a Rhodes Scholar.

I can’t even wrap my head around this type of mental midget thinking....

Jeff Spicoli's bong had more brain power than some of these clown shoes.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Let’s hope.

You may be pissed at Harrison for leaving the Steelers to go to the evil empire but I believe every word he says about the difference in locker rooms. Tomlin runs a shit show while Bellichick has accountability for EVERYONE...
I guess, but Gronk retired to get out and rumors are Brady wanted out for years. I don’t like Tomlin, but I also don’t think Harrison being there for a couple months of a playoff run has much credibility on how it is to actually be in NE, long-term.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I can’t even wrap my head around this type of mental midget thinking....

Jeff Spicoli's bong had more brain power than some of these clown shoes.

"You know who calls the police on you over a $1.50 worth of cocaine? I have a theory!" - Richard Pryor, on Leon Spinks' criminal aptitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad