OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Good JuJu comes at a high price

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I hope the expectations for Claypool are kept in check. I think the lack of a preseason will affect several rookies. I'd be happy to see him get 50 yards tonight; the offense has a lot of targets and he won't be the primary unless something goes quite wrong.

He has to do put up the numbers Metcalf did last year or he's a bust.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
He has to do put up the numbers Metcalf did last year or he's a bust.

5kvuv.jpg

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
like I said TROLL ! but nothing happens to him

Troll? It's facts. Excuses will be give him some years to develop while Metcalf has already solidified himself. We don't have years to waste developing DJ and Claypool in Bens window. That was part of my argument from Day 1 of getting this beast, Metcalf who looked ready from Day 1 to help during Bens window.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I’m personally very excited to see what that bust Diontae Johnson can do with a quarterback who isn’t the worst QB in the league.

Reactions: USMC607

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
Troll? It's facts. Excuses will be give him some years to develop while Metcalf has already solidified himself. We don't have years to waste developing DJ and Claypool in Bens window. That was part of my argument from Day 1 of getting this beast, Metcalf who looked ready from Day 1 to help during Bens window.
you are so bad at it, it is funny

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

is it facts or did DJ have the same season lst year with Duck Hodges as DK did with Russel Wilson?

fact check

Reactions: JTG and USMC607

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
metcalf had that td in the playoffs which is something no mason rudolph/ duck hodges led team was gonna see lol

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
is it facts or did DJ have the same season lst year with Duck Hodges as DK did with Russel Wilson?

fact check

Eyeball test it wasn't the same. Most of DJs yards/tds came off blown coverage. Dolphins were in tank mode, called a timeout, and then didn't guard anybody.

Look I hope I'm wrong about him and he's the next AB and helps them win a SB. Lets see what he does with Ben but his stats last year were hollow compared to Metcalf.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Eyeball test it wasn't the same. Most of DJs yards/tds came off blown coverage. Dolphins were in tank mode, called a timeout, and then didn't guard anybody.

Look I hope I'm wrong about him and he's the next AB and helps them win a SB. Lets see what he does with Ben but his stats last year were hollow compared to Metcalf.

yada yada yada

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
From seeing these response posts, I see a certain someone is still dying on the Metcalf hill...

The amusement has lost its luster...

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

You have no idea what you’re talking about. “Hollow” stats... ok...

Reactions: Pengwins

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
You have no idea what you’re talking about. “Hollow” stats... ok...

:34 seconds... Nobody near him. Breakdown in coverage.

:44 seconds... Dolphins play I talked about. Nobody guarding him.

1:06 miscommunication and nobody over the top.

If he ends up being an excellent route runner like projected then all isn't lost. Of course, that's also relying on Claypool being Metcalf like.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

:34 seconds... Nobody near him. Breakdown in coverage.

:44 seconds... Dolphins play I talked about. Nobody guarding him.

1:06 miscommunication and nobody over the top.

If he ends up being an excellent route runner like projected then all isn't lost. Of course, that's also relying on Claypool being Metcalf like.

Instead of commenting on the video I shared, you chose to cherry pick the same examples you’ve already cited from his highlight video. Diontae Johnson was one of the most efficient receivers on 3rd down last year despite the terrible players surrounding him.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Instead of commenting on the video I shared, you chose to cherry pick the same examples you’ve already cited from his highlight video. Diontae Johnson was one of the most efficient receivers on 3rd down last year despite the terrible players surrounding him.

Because I said eyeball test and you hit me with random stats. Like I said I know for a fact 3 out of his 5 touchdowns he was wide open with nobody guarding him. You take away those 3 plays and he has like 400 yards and 2 tds not very impressive.

Like I keep saying I hope he's the real deal and proves me wrong.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Because I said eyeball test and you hit me with random stats. Like I said I know for a fact 3 out of his 5 touchdowns he was wide open with nobody guarding him. You take away those 3 plays and he has like 400 yards and 2 tds not very impressive.

Like I keep saying I hope he's the real deal and proves me wrong.

You should get better eyes because all of the stats I cited were provided with a video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->