OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Good JuJu comes at a high price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
...you then go out and have to carry a 200+ lb man on your back every night.

obligatory

upload_2020-5-12_7-28-15.png

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Hit a nerve?

There's more than enough facts out there for my disdain for Ben the person off the field to be justified, also being called a piece of shit or whatever I want to call his fat ass is justifiable imo, as well.

Stuff he's done on the field, great.

Outside of ~10 years ago, what has he done off the field?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Time doesn't change what he did and got away with. I'm gonna leave it at that and drop it now.

You're referring to the thing in Georgia? The DA down there said there wasn't enough evidence to move forward with anything. It's one thing to say he was incredibly immature and shouldn't have been in that bar to begin with, but it's another to think you know something the investigators and DA don't know.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Time doesn't change what he did and got away with. I'm gonna leave it at that and drop it now.

I'm confused at what he "got away with"?

The DA basically said there wasn't enough evidence to convict. The evidence also points to the alleged victims friends coercing her into filing a report. Then the DA saw his 10 seconds of fame was eclipsing and issued a public admonishment of Ben, which was extremely unprofessional.

No one knows what happened in that bar except 2 people

At minimum Ben was guilty of being a sleazebag, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I've had a handful of bar bathroom encounters back in my stupid days. So I was a sleazebag too.
People change and evolve and have different priorities as they age.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Where I grew up, lots of people got away with stuff, but a lot got busted for things they didn’t do as well.

My one buddy stuck a butcher knife in a kids back and got away with it.

Another buddy gutted a Pagan and went to jail for murder, but claimed it was self-defense because they targeted him for leaving.

I believed my boy and everything he said seemed to add up... he was a crazy f***, but I believe he was defending himself.

Things aren’t always clear cut...

The environment I grew up in taught me not to be so quick to cast guilt on others unless there is some kind of overwhelming evidence.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Where I grew up, lots of people got away with stuff, but a lot got busted for things they didn’t do as well.

My one buddy stuck a butcher knife in a kids back and got away with it.

Another buddy gutted a Pagan and went to jail for murder, but claimed it was self-defense because they targeted him for leaving.

I believed my boy and everything he said seemed to add up... he was a crazy f***, but I believe he was defending himself.

Things aren’t always clear cut...

The environment I grew up in taught me not to be so quick to cast guilt on others unless there is some kind of overwhelming evidence.

I need you on my jury...badly.....any chance you want to take up residency in SF this summer and beg to be put on the jury selection list?

Reactions: Al Smith

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I need you on my jury...badly.....any chance you want to take up residency in SF this summer and beg to be put on the jury selection list?

I’ve never been called for jury duty, but suspect no prosecutor would allow me to sit on a jury once I start talking.

Reactions: Andy99

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I’ve never been called for jury duty, but suspect no prosecutor would allow me to sit on a jury once I start talking.

I sat on one jury - foster father who sexually molested his foster kids - and would highly recommend it. As a lawyer, it was really interesting and educational to see how the whole process worked from the inside.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I sat on one jury - foster father who sexually molested his foster kids - and would highly recommend it. As a lawyer, it was really interesting and educational to see how the whole process worked from the inside.

Do you get free food?

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Do you get free food?

I think they brought in sandwiches one day, but they weren’t very good. Semi-rural southwestern Ohio diner fare isn’t always so appetizing.

Wasn’t like a grilled cheese and fries from the Gee Bee snack bar.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think they brought in sandwiches one day, but they weren’t very good. Semi-rural southwestern Ohio diner fare isn’t always so appetizing.

Wasn’t like a grilled cheese and fries from the Gee Bee snack bar.

So it was like... Denny’s?

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
True. I wasn’t around for Bradshaw but heard the fans booed him, called him stupid and ‘Lil Abner, etc.

If you can’t appreciate two guys that delivered six SBs, not sure what else the fans want...

Maybe a guy that wins seven in a row and rescues puppies on the side?

I’m sure Browns and Bengals fans would have loved to have either one, let alone both.

They did and wanted Terry Hanratty or Joe Gilliam over Bradshaw during those years.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
They did and wanted Terry Hanratty or Joe Gilliam over Bradshaw during those years.

They loved TH, who plain sucked at the pro level, but he was a good catholic/Notre Dame guy. But IIRC - and we're going back a long time now - yinzer nation was kind of split on Gilliam. Dude was so talented, but in 1974/5 I don't think most Steeler fans were ready for an African-American QB. He didn't have much room for error. Too bad.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

DJ has a ton of similarities to AB... as I’ve been trying to explain for a year to certain individuals.

This is why they drafted him.

I remember debating with some Yinzers after Brown’s rookie year how he would be a better receiver than Wallace and I got mocked and told I was a moron, etc.

Me ultimately being right wasn’t some type of evaluation genius, but a guy with really good hands that can run a full route tree and is shifty as hell, is usually going to be a better receiver than a one trick pony that runs fast, but has a limited tree like Wallace and so far, Metcalf.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad