OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Good JuJu comes at a high price

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

There’s discussion of this happening everywhere now. Workplaces, schools, restaurants, college classrooms and dorms. Not just stadiums or arenas.

You obviously can’t keep people apart, but the guidelines will be in place. We’re living in a crazy time. They need to develop an effective treatment and let us get back to “normal”.

I know of 4 people personally who have contracted COVID. Their symptoms have ranged from none to mild. One only found out because they work in a nursing home and get tested regularly. It’s still really only killing the old and people with compromised immune systems.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
There’s discussion of this happening everywhere now. Workplaces, schools, restaurants, college classrooms and dorms. Not just stadiums or arenas.

You obviously can’t keep people apart, but the guidelines will be in place. We’re living in a crazy time. They need to develop an effective treatment and let us get back to “normal”.

I know of 4 people personally who have contracted COVID. Their symptoms have ranged from none to mild. One only found out because they work in a nursing home and get tested regularly. It’s still really only killing the old and people with compromised immune systems.

My friend was actually one of the first patients in PA. He had what he thought was a mild 24-48 hour flu. The last stat I saw was that 70% of the deaths in the Pittsburgh area have been in nursing homes. There are studies coming out that are saying that you can contract the virus again, but you are not contagious the 2nd time you get it.

I get why people are so scared. I think the deaths of people who had no underlying issues dying (Ambridge Police chief) really put a spot light that anyone can succumb to it. That being said, no one knows what kind of conditions he had aside from asthma. I have worked this entire time in a facility with 100's of people. We have had no cases of it that have come to light. Aside from not going to the bar, my life hasn't really changed at all. I haven't wore a mask aside from shopping because the store won't let me in otherwise. I am not a scientist or a doctor, but in my opinion, half opening shit is pointless. Open the country or don't and wait for the vaccine. The virus is just sitting there waiting for the world to go back to normal anyway.

Reactions: The Old Master

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Because all ND players are magically injury prone just because Tuitt is?

It sets a precedent. Like I'm good on all Louisiana players after Bradshaw post retirement and Wallace and Keenan Lewis. Ryan Clark was alright but kind of a dickhead post retirement too.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
We should be good at social distancing at Heinz Field. It's called a 1pm game. I go to games for atmosphere and I feel like half empty stadium will be boring. I also feel like people are going to be dying to do shit and half the tickets is going to drive prices up.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Great article. I have seen a ton of articles written by numerous different people who outline Diontae Johnson and how if he had a real QB throwing the ball his season would have been one for the record books. This one breaks down a lot of that also. Also talks about some things that worked last season that should be kept for this season.

Two elements worth retaining from the Steelers underwhelming 2019 offense
"If Johnson was Metcalf, he wouldn't need a better Quarterback"™.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Did you all do this when you were a kid? If none of my friends were around, I’d still grab a nerf ball and throw it high and short and run under it.

We did that even when there was a bunch of us.

We called it “kill the man”.

One of us tossed the ball up in the air and whomever caught it, had to run for their life while the rest of us tried to bring him down.

Was a lot more fun than it sounds if you didn’t mind getting jacked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->