OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
The starters are fine (except for Chandler) but the bench is terrible.
It’s mind boggling that they haven’t done nothing yet. Been 2 months they haven’t filled the empty roster slot. Everyone knows they need help and yet have done nothing. 10 day contracts can be use about a week ago and nada.

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
Our D is trash....especially without Embiid.

Oh and Brown needs to pick it damn up.....disappointed of late with his coaching
I think we need a new coach to win it all here. Brett is too stubborn to adjust his system to this team.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
The Jo/Ben/Jimmy offense issues are fake news.
Sixers have been a top 10 offense since Embiid/Simmons started playing with each other and will only get better.

The main problem is there's no one to defend even average outside of your top guys.
We were scoring pretty much at will but couldnt get a stop at all in the 2nd half especially late.

Our defensive scheme is idiotic. Why are we asking TJ to get in a stance in an NBA game?
To switch on a big without any resistance?
He doesnt have the skills to come out on top with any amount of practice. Furk, Wilson, Muscala, JJ, Landry all sieves as well.

Dont ask this lineup to get in a stance and switch on NBA talent; theyll never win.
When we look best defensively is when our bench gambles for steals and prowls the passing lanes.
Theyre not going to be able to play any lineup in the league straight up on d anyway so speed up the game, get as many possessions as possible.

The mandate for our bench guys should be 'look to score at all times. dig in in the halfcourt on d but just concentrate on not fouling and scoring as much as you can on the other end'

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think we need a new coach to win it all here. Brett is too stubborn to adjust his system to this team.

This team doesn’t have the talent to win it all. They have the talent to win one or two rounds in the playoffs. I’m not saying that Brown can definitely lead the team to a title eventually. I’m saying we can’t even make that evaluation yet.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
They have the hard part figured out-3 stars. It’s much easier to build a bench and find depth pieces than it is to find a star. They’ll get there. Maybe not this year, but they’ll get there

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
If Brand gets some late additions then we can see how Brown and the team perform in the playoffs. Otherwise, the offseason will dictate whether we can move to the next level.

Sixers have a tough stretch of games coming up. Will be interesting to see how they play. Right now they look like a sloppy ass...

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
This team doesn’t have the talent to win it all. They have the talent to win one or two rounds in the playoffs. I’m not saying that Brown can definitely lead the team to a title eventually. I’m saying we can’t even make that evaluation yet.

No they don’t and I don’t expect them to make any noise this year. Brett can be a good coach but from what I have watch that is frustrating is him refusing to adjust. His schemes are not good for this team, the defensive switches are ridiculous and teams are taking advantage of it. He doesn’t adjust and just watches as TJ/JJ gets taken advantage of.

His motion offense doesn’t suit this personnel, he should be adjusting and find ways to make it work. His refusal to run more plays for Jimmy and should be looking to maximize his player strength. He is one stubborn SOB, reminds me of Andy Reid.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
we have 3 players that are supposed to be, or are looked at as top stars. 2 playing should be enough to beat most teams in the league, but without embid they struggle against even the weakest teams.i believe embid overcomes alot of the coaching and system flaws this team has. so far butler and embid have both commented on their usage not being good.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Wiz/Raps one of the most insane games Ive seen in years!

On the Sixers:
*Jimmy better get it in gear if he wants that 190 mill
*One of the better Simmons games. Didnt like how he stopped looking to attack downhill late though.
*Bench gave absolutely nothing. Might as well have been cardboard cutouts in the jerseys.

Team is eerie. Baby Heatles. Jo as a rich man's Bosh. Switchable d from top guys, dominance in transition, no bench.

Difference is this team is so young and unpolished they cant offset the bench which is full of matadors. Too many leaks to plug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad