Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Speculative piece . Obviously, this situation blows. Would not surprise me if Ainge had some intel but I think it is more that they did their due diligence on Tatum and didn't need to be paying the premium for the first overall. In the long run looks like Colangelo may have pulled a Bargnani....glad the idiot is gone.

At the time the Celtics didn't really need a guard, but they needed front court help. They had IT, Rozier, Smart... and they probably were already planning to work on the trade for Kyrie. They were probably targeting Hayward already but hadn't actually signed him yet, and they didn't have much depth there anyway. They were in win-now mode and ultimately got two all star vets plus depth at SF. They just didn't need to draft a guard.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
At the time the Celtics didn't really need a guard, but they needed front court help. They had IT, Rozier, Smart... and they probably were already planning to work on the trade for Kyrie. They were probably targeting Hayward already but hadn't actually signed him yet, and they didn't have much depth there anyway. They were in win-now mode and ultimately got two all star vets plus depth at SF. They just didn't need to draft a guard.
Hence why Colangelo should not have included that pick...maybe a lower one but Colangelo didnt' play his cards right. They had a luxury and we paid the tax for them...

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Hence why Colangelo should not have included that pick...maybe a lower one but Colangelo didnt' play his cards right. They had a luxury and we paid the tax for them...

Possibly, but we don’t know what other offers Boston may have had. Personally, I wanted De’Aaron Fox. That’s looking pretty good right now. But what’s done is done.

Reactions: JXC

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Jabari Parker being in the news lately got me thinking...

If Embiid doesn’t get hurt he probably goes 1st (no worse than 2nd) and the Sixers end up with Parker.

If Embiid doesn’t miss his first two seasons, the Sixers probably are not in a position to draft Simmons.

And if Simmons doesn’t get hurt and miss his first season, the Sixers probably aren’t in a position to even trade up for Fultz.

Think about that the next time you fret about Fultz.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Jabari Parker being in the news lately got me thinking...

If Embiid doesn’t get hurt he probably goes 1st (no worse than 2nd) and the Sixers end up with Parker.

If Embiid doesn’t miss his first two seasons, the Sixers probably are not in a position to draft Simmons.

And if Simmons doesn’t get hurt and miss his first season, the Sixers probably aren’t in a position to even trade up for Fultz.

Think about that the next time you fret about Fultz.

No doubt that the Sixers had a little luck, but if Hinkie identified that Parker wasn't the guy, he would've just kept picking high. I've heard people say that Okafor was not his pick, it was called from above as well.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

This was great....

It is about the people......always remember that. I wish my jerk boss understood that ultimately business results depend on the people. Winning depends on the people....the people need to have fun. A leader is somebody that you will drive yourself through a wall for..not somebody you want to drive into a wall.

As far as this quote....reminded me of Hakstol's post game pressers where they "tried" but lost...or got their loser point...

There’s no cool way to lose. There’s no fun way to lose. The team with the most points at the end — they’re the winners. And the other team? I mean………. they can give you all the slogans in the world. They can call it a plan, a process, whatever.
But if you didn’t win — then trust me: you’re just f*cking losers.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Raptors will be without Lowry.

It's ok, they have Kawhi who will no doubt drop 100 on us.
Kawhi looks to be out....that would include PITA Valanciunas and possibly Ibaka. Lowry also is looking like a no go......so Sixers have a good chance of beating the Raptors

Celtics gonna miss Horford and Baynes. Morris might be back...…

Hopefully the Sixers can grab a couple from these clowns while their depth has taken a hit

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Africa gonna take over the NBA pretty soon. Prospects are hungrier and more versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad