OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Watched the first quarter, disappointed but not forlorn. Btw, watching on DVR, started late, putting kid to bed, then got distracted by Nature on PBS with Sir David Attenborough. So, finish watching the first, fast forward on DVR, accidently end up about 7 minutes into the 2nd qtr cause remote is a piece of shit. Sixers still losing, impossible to watch from beginning of 2nd qtr because why? Watch 3 minutes, then get impatient and click ahead another 5 mins, Sixers still losing. Rinse, Wash, Repeat, Sixers end up losing by ~17 pts, and I only had to watch ~25 minutes. Avoided a lot of nothing I reckon. Nas v. Chi game is much more entertaining.

This was a bad bad loss. Need to beat these creampuffs. To keep pace with the #4 spot the Sixers currently have, and to pad the record because I'm not sure they've turned the corner to beat the actual good teams.

LAME!

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I keep restating this but get the "win now" BS out of your mind. Jimmy Butler makes little difference in the actual timeline.

Kawhi (440), Kyrie (477), Giannis (431) all have played almost double the games that Simmons + Embiid have played combined (274)...

...in the regular season not even counting playoffs (Embiid+ Simmons playoff games are factored in).
When you count playoff games played the margin becomes even more stark.

That's your 2 best players.
Youre 3rd best player is Jimmy Butler who only shows up on offense once every 3 games and is a total nutcase.
With no bench. And an offensive system as inscrutable as the Gordian Knot. The 4th best defender on the team is Wilson Chandler.

But yeah, sure, we should be beating MVP candidates in their prime and guys with multiple long playoff runs under their belt hitting clutch shots.

Sixers have been competitive for all of a year and half. Yet people wanna complain about fit.
giphy.gif

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Haven’t watched a sixers game in almost 2 weeks. What have I really missed other than the whole Butler thing? Just turned this one on.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Fire Wilson and Muscala into the sun.
Take TJ out of the rotation completely and give all his minutes to Shamet.
Give the remainding Shamet minutes to Shake.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad