OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I know all of this offense is actually bad, but I won’t know how until I read it at The Ringer tomorrow.
giphy.gif

EDIT: Also shoutout to Zumoff. An honestly nice man who is a true legend. Made the Process years tolerable.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Love Zumoff. Just wish he would ease up on those pet catch phrases he loves so much.
He made the Iverson years iconic as well.
When I coached semipro bball in the Bay Area we had armbands made with "L.A.W.D" printed on them for "lock all windows and doors."

I love that for defense. Really simple but gets at the heart of what youre trying to do.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Sixers win - they are great together

Sixers lose - they all hate each other
A bit of a non sequitur and exaggeration. I'm not sure anybody said they "hate" each other. You've got 3 star players that are still learning to play together. Hopefully, they can gain momentum from a game like this...inside out play

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
A bit of a non sequitur and exaggeration. I'm not sure anybody said they "hate" each other. You've got 3 star players that are still learning to play together. Hopefully, they can gain momentum from a game like this...inside out play
Ive read that they dont like each other and arent a good fit at all basketball wise. It always seems to come up after losses though. I honestly cant remember the last time there was so much negativity around a good team like this in Philly. Probably have to go back to the Reid/Mcnabb era Eagles.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Ive read that they dont like each other and arent a good fit at all basketball wise. It always seems to come up after losses though. I honestly cant remember the last time there was so much negativity around a good team like this in Philly. Probably have to go back to the Reid/Mcnabb era Eagles.
It's true.....not gonna argue that. I mean it is no secret though that players like Embiid, Butler and Simmons want to be top dawgs. Butler already has a reputation that precedes him. It is natural for people to worry especially as Philly fans. Hey I will take this over the tank years any day though. I just want to see them play this well against the top teams. The schedule going forward will show a lot.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
It's true.....not gonna argue that. I mean it is no secret though that players like Embiid, Butler and Simmons want to be top dawgs. Butler already has a reputation that precedes him. It is natural for people to worry especially as Philly fans. Hey I will take this over the tank years any day though. I just want to see them play this well against the top teams. The schedule going forward will show a lot.
Did you read the article Spike Eskin wrote the other day? He made it sound like the Sixers were one of the worst and most dysfunctional teams in the league. He basically called the Butler trade a massive failure, though I shouldnt be surprised since two of his beloved "processers" were involved in the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad