OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm not so sure Butler was the right star to add to this team due to chemistry issues.....

A bit worried bc we gave up two pretty good players. If Butler doesn't want to resign or becomes more Jimmy the Butt if he remains .....it will be another setback either way to making this team a true contender. Not liking how this team is playing, looking or sounding of late. Team unity is professed...but not being shown on the court...injuries or no injuries..particularly to Embiid. We are def pretty bad without him.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Setback? It might completely ruin the prime years of Embiid/Simmons. Brand has a huge decision to make.

We act like Embiid is a kid, he'l be 25, he'll be 30 when that Butler contract ends, while I'm not saying he's toast, his prime MVP years may be over. Simmons, however, could be elite if that jumper ever develops.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Setback? It might completely ruin the prime years of Embiid/Simmons. Brand has a huge decision to make.

We act like Embiid is a kid, he'l be 25, he'll be 30 when that Butler contract ends, while I'm not saying he's toast, his prime MVP years may be over. Simmons, however, could be elite if that jumper ever develops.
We also have to consider health...he could wind up like Bynum by age 30...

Stop the Madness

Nov 27, 2017
I'm not so sure Butler was the right star to add to this team due to chemistry issues.....

A bit worried bc we gave up two pretty good players. If Butler doesn't want to resign or becomes more Jimmy the Butt if he remains .....it will be another setback either way to making this team a true contender. Not liking how this team is playing, looking or sounding of late. Team unity is professed...but not being shown on the court...injuries or no injuries..particularly to Embiid. We are def pretty bad without him.

We gave up 2 good but extremely inconsistent players.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
We gave up 2 good but extremely inconsistent players.
Maybe...but if we have nothing to show for it because we don't sign Butler it will have been a true squandering of assets. Nonetheless, I expect them to resign him for this reason. I hope it ends well and they get another impact player in the offseason as well as solidify the bench.

Reactions: Stop the Madness

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Maybe...but if we have nothing to show for it because we don't sign Butler it will have been a true squandering of assets. Nonetheless, I expect them to resign him for this reason. I hope it ends well and they get another impact player in the offseason as well as solidify the bench.

unless they flip him before the TDL lol

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
If he can stay in front of his shadow then he's good enough for our bench.

Team is in a tough spot since they have some major questions (Jimmy resigning/will Fultz play?) that preclude dealing young players or picks for likely rentals.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
These Players Only guys can be interesting but it would nice if they talked about what’s actually happening in the game a little more. I mean, if the first time you mention the score is 20 sec before the end of the 1st quarter... :huh:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
This commentary is terrible. .....****!

It’s not commentary, it’s four guys sitting around talking basketball while a game is going on. How many points does Embiid have? Who knows. Is Simmons tracking a triple double? No idea. Either team in the penalty? Got me.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It’s not commentary, it’s four guys sitting around talking basketball while a game is going on. How many points does Embiid have? Who knows. Is Simmons tracking a triple double? No idea. Either team in the penalty? Got me.
At least the Sixers are winning....I think....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I remember DRose torching the Sixers in the playoffs before he wrecked his knee. Nice to see him back and playing well.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
...but I was told Embiid + Simmons dont fit offensively. All those WIP posters clogged the thread swearing it was so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad