OT: The Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers are glad to have a Butler part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I keep thinking, I wonder if Zhaire can get healthy enough to at least be a solid rotational defender this year.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Embiid, Simmons and Harris are 24, 22 and 26, with Harris being a near perfect fit. Butler has to prove he can blend in and prove his value within this team construction. As said before we can go an entire different route this summer with just resigning Harris and having nearly 40 million dollars in cap space (excluding Fultz).
Let's see how much Butler really prioritizes winning instead of bragging about it in the media.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Hes a so so player, has lots of consistency issues, but is athletic and can shoot, small forward as well, so hed be good depth
Dude you are insane if you think Harris is a so-so player. He’s about as good a fit based on pedigree/play style that you could think of.

Edit: this may have been a tad aggressive, I didn’t mean it that way.

Double edit: I’m just dumb, ignore me.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Bench sucks for now. The Sixers have minutes, a MLE contract, and promise.

I'll think they'll be a very buyout favorite market for players.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Ross is an acquisition I would kill. Fultz is the only way to make that happen.

At that point, I would have rather expanded the Clips deal to include Fultz and Lou Williams. You need a guy who can hit Corner 3s.

Harris's efficiency numbers are absurd. Do not worry about that at all. For example:

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Ross is an acquisition I would kill. Fultz is the only way to make that happen.

At that point, I would have rather expanded the Clips deal to include Fultz and Lou Williams. You need a guy who can hit Corner 3s.

Harris's efficiency numbers are absurd. Do not worry about that at all. For example:

Had no clue he was this good. Also didn’t know he’s only 26. Hopefully we can get some good waiver pick ups.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Had no clue he was this good. Also didn’t know he’s only 26. Hopefully we can get some good waiver pick ups.

Just to be clear, he's not good defensively. Never has been. He's not awful, though.

What this stops is teams from helping off of Simmons. Harris will kill you all night. Tremendous slasher.

You also now have two top 10 leaguewide shooters in your starting lineup. And Jimmy Butler. To go with your stars.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The Sixers need defense no doubt, but they need spacing. Jimmy has helped a little, but not as much as one would think. Harris should space the floor A LOT. You'll have to have guys on him and JJ, that'll leave Jimmy/Ben 1v1 all night and if they double Joel, somebody is gonna be free up and can cause major damage.

Reactions: kelmitchell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad