Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (Scores 2 Goals + Assist on Turkey Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Game is over, Sev won 4-0 thanks to Buch's hat trick :)

------------------------------------------------------------
Season Stats:

GP: 30 | G: 10 | A: 13 | P: 23 | PIM: 14 | +1 | SOG: 76

Last Game: 4-0 Win (3G/0A/3P)
Next Game: November 21st vs Slovan (8th out of 28th)
--
Severstal's Team Record: 14-15-1 (Ranked 27th out of 28th in league)

------------------------------------------------------------

How many more regular season games do they have remaining?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He's currently at 0.77 ppg (which by the way, can we add next to his stats if it's not too much trouble?). How does that compare to Kuznetsov and Tarasenko at this age?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
bf7ad29b.jpg

The Future..

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
DAMN. Awesome to hear.

When's the last time a Ranger actually scored a natural hatty? For some reason I want to say it was Gretzky almost 20 years ago. Anyone know?

Jeff Toms ? j/k

I think you could be right, listened to that game on radio back in the day.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
From what I've watched, which is about half of the games, 80% of the time he has games where he creates 4 or 5 good scoring chances a game for him or his teammates that could easily result in goals.

Thats not to say all of them should or will result in goals and that he'll have multiple point games every game at this level or the NHL level, but I'm not surprised about the hat-trick because he doesn't just get carried by his line mates and get secondary assists, he's consistently the best player on the ice most of the games he plays. Eventually, you just expected one of these types of games was going to happen. I really think on a better team in the KHL that he'd be at about 1 PPG.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Trust me, I'd like nothing more than Buch-a-mania to explode, for him to start his NHL on fire and be a key cog in a Championship.

But, based on a number of factors, I'm just not quite convinced he comes in tears it up.

He's been very good in the KHL, but his success hasn't been unheard of or off the charts.

And you're right, it is a fairly conservative projection. I've never been one to proclaim that a kid is going to come into town and blow everyone away. It's also why I'm usually pretty accurate, though I have my share of misses as well.

I'm not sure I'd compare Buchnevich at age 20 to Hayes at 22 or Lindberg at 24. Certainly, he's more naturally gifted than those two players, but transitioning to the NHL, at age 20, in mid-season is challenging, even for a kid with the tool box that Buch has.

Kuznetsov put up 9 points in 17 games as a 21-year old when he transitioned to the NHL one and a half years ago. I don't think a similar projection for Buch is out of left field or overly harsh.

If he betters that pace - fantastic. They'll be no complaints from me.

I normally would take the same approach and try to temper my expectations while Pavel goes through a period of adaptation that typically could be up to 1.5 - 2.5 seasons. Same as you I would've looked at how Kuznetsov, Kucherov and Tarasenko produced at the start of their NHL careers (that was actually on a par with most other non-Russian prospects transitioning eventually into top NHL roles). However, what is a variable in case of Buchnevich is that he's joining an offensively loaded top to bottom team. Just saying that he might exceed tempered expectations.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
On that third shot, is that just bad goaltending or a really good shot?

The goalie is made to look like a complete fool. I can't figure out whether thats his fault or just a terrific shot.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
On that third shot, is that just bad goaltending or a really good shot?

The goalie is made to look like a complete fool. I can't figure out whether thats his fault or just a terrific shot.

I was trying to figure out the same thing. It looks like the goalie loat his footing and got tripped up, but then again, Pavel absolutely rips that shot from the high slot.

Also, does Kagarlitsky have any NHL future? I know he's 26, but it looks like he has a ton of skill

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I was trying to figure out the same thing. It looks like the goalie loat his footing and got tripped up, but then again, Pavel absolutely rips that shot from the high slot.

Also, does Kagarlitsky have any NHL future? I know he's 26, but it looks like he has a ton of skill

I remember thinking the same about Weinhandl about 7 years back. Some players are just better suited for European sized rinks

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Damn hope the dude comes over this season

At the very least, he should add third line depth to the team for nothing. More scoring depth could be key in the playoffs when depth is even more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad