Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (Scores 2 Goals + Assist on Turkey Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
What does McIlrath have to do with Buchnevich or Nichushkin?

If you read in this thread...

"Do you think the Rangers would trade Buchnevich for Alexander Guptill? LULZ NO WAY!"

...would your reaction be "That guy has a point" or would it be "That guy sounds like a buffoon with ADD and a fetish for bad draft picks"?

think my friend. think.

if you recall, in 2010, we were told that dallas was prepared to draft mcilrath if we hadn't. they were enamored with him and were prepared to take him. we snagged him before they came up. that was the story.

so, it stands to reason, that if we were to build a deal for nishcushkin, it would make sense to include a guy they "loved" and were prepared to draft in 2010.

capice ?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
How the crap does every thread you post in turn out to be about McIlrath, Jesus christ.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Except that for anyone who isn't still complaining about 2010, bringing up McIlrath at the mention of Nish really doesn't make sense.

again, dallas was part of the narrative regarding mcilrath and his draft position.

they were supposedly players back then. many here said we needed to take mcilrath at 10 cuz dallas would have taken him next and he wouldn't have been there had we traded down- which many wanted us to do- including me.

things have changed now, but the fact remains that back then they were interested in drafting him.

im not complaining at all. simply stating facts bro. :nod:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
again, dallas was part of the narrative regarding mcilrath and his draft position.

they were supposedly players back then. many here said we needed to take mcilrath at 10 cuz dallas would have taken him next and he wouldn't have been there had we traded down- which many wanted us to do- including me.

things have changed now, but the fact remains that back then they were interested in drafting him.

im not complaining at all. simply stating facts bro. :nod:

Most people here didn't say that we needed to take McIlrath at 10. They were regurgitating the speculation by those in the media and attempting to rationalize what seemed to be a horrific decision by management at the time. I can't think of a single poster that actually wanted McIlrath at 10.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Let's talk about buch not Mci seeing how this is a buch thread

Every thread is a McIlrath thread. Did you know that Tarasenko is better than McIlrath? Did you know that some people on this forum knew that in 2010? Did you know that we need to be reminded of this on an hourly basis?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Most people here didn't say that we needed to take McIlrath at 10. They were regurgitating the speculation by those in the media and attempting to rationalize what seemed to be a horrific decision by management at the time. I can't think of a single poster that actually wanted McIlrath at 10.

fair enough. that is pretty accurate.

i should have said gordie wanted him at 10 and after the pick, many here were doing just as you describe.

well said.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
think my friend. think.

if you recall, in 2010, we were told that dallas was prepared to draft mcilrath if we hadn't. they were enamored with him and were prepared to take him. we snagged him before they came up. that was the story.

so, it stands to reason, that if we were to build a deal for nishcushkin, it would make sense to include a guy they "loved" and were prepared to draft in 2010.

capice ?

That was a half a decade ago. So how Rangers management, Dallas management or the fans felt is extremely irrelevant. How do you think Dallas feels about drafting Jack Campbell? Pretty sure if they were allowed to, they would happily switch him with McIlrath. Which renders this whole weird discussion hysterically moot.

Besides "Dallas may have taken McIlrath" was usually in response to "we could have taken McIlrath after we traded way down". Just because he was a poor selection doesn't mean someone else wouldn't have made the same bad decision. People have such a hard on for McI that he has been transformed from a guaranteed 1st rounder who likely would have gone in the middle of the round to a hobo that would have gone undrafted if they hadn't shaved and put a suit on him.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
That was a half a decade ago. So how Rangers management, Dallas management or the fans felt is extremely irrelevant. How do you think Dallas feels about drafting Jack Campbell? Pretty sure if they were allowed to, they would happily switch him with McIlrath. Which renders this whole weird discussion hysterically moot.

Besides "Dallas may have taken McIlrath" was usually in response to "we could have taken McIlrath after we traded way down". Just because he was a poor selection doesn't mean someone else wouldn't have made the same bad decision. People have such a hard on for McI that he has been transformed from a guaranteed 1st rounder who likely would have gone in the middle of the round to a hobo that would have gone undrafted if they hadn't shaved and put a suit on him.

This literally couldn't have been worded better.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Any team that wasn't pick 1 or 2 made a mistake not drafting Tarasenko. This happens every draft. Every single year.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
some place in the middle i would think.

if he gets pp time on the right side and can bring that one timer, and he's playing minutes with kreider and step, i think he slides right in. no reason to believe he can't keep up.

the last 2 seasons, he's shown me a consistent effort to go get pucks, play the walls, go to the net, and forecheck enough to earn the trust of av. his mating certainly is stong enough to keep pace.

and were talking a pretty smart kid here. hockey IQ wise, he shows alot of intuitiveness on where to go and what to do. his ability to control the puck- and want the puck, is impressive for a 20 yr old.

time will tell, but the sooner he gets here, the sooner we will find out.

Yeah, I agree for sure.

Just saying, sometimes these kids need a little time, many other times they don't. Hard to know for sure.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Any team that wasn't pick 1 or 2 made a mistake not drafting Tarasenko. This happens every draft. Every single year.

St. Louis drafted Schwartz before they drafted Tarasenko. Guess they made a mistake too, since someone else could have taken him.

It'll be a really nice day when we're not still talking about the 2010 draft.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

That puts things in perspective. Actually the year before St, Louis drafted #17 and picked David Runblad. The Rangers drafted #19. We picked Chris Kreider. Who got the better of those picks? As you said these things happen.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
St. Louis drafted Schwartz before they drafted Tarasenko. Guess they made a mistake too, since someone else could have taken him.

i still hear jessiman every now and then...so i wouldnt hold your breath on that one.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I can't believe teams were so stupid not to draft Lundqvist... :sarcasm:

The Islanders drafted Dip Stick #1 overall, Rangers drafted Lundqvist in the 7th round. If we never shut up about Jessiman and Tarasenko, how about an hourly celebration of us getting Lundqvist for nothing and our main rival wasting a first overall on Dip and then dealing away Luongo for a pair of third liners to accommodate him?

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

The Rangers can win the next 5 Stanley cups and we'll still hear about the 2010 draft.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
If the Rangers win the next 5 Stanley Cups I vow to still complain about the 2010 draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad