Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (Scores 2 Goals + Assist on Turkey Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I wonder if it is possible that Severstal release him to the Rangers after NHL All-Star break for compensation $300K (?) and not paying his salary. It likely be clear by then that they will have no chance at the play-off.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
His defense has gotten a lot better. Lets not label him bad defensively just because he's Russian. It might've been true about a year ago, but now I think he's at least average defensively, maybe even better than that.

Not that this has anything to do with Buchnevich but your quote reminded me of Zucc. He was a completely different and far better defensive player after his one year stint in the KHL. Great to hear his all-around game is improving.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I wonder if it is possible that Severstal release him to the Rangers after NHL All-Star break for compensation $300K (?) and not paying his salary. It likely be clear by then that they will have no chance at the play-off.

Highly doubt it. I'm hoping they trade him to a contender though by the trade deadline.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

Billionaires own KHL teams. They spend $300k on gas for their yacht when they take their family on vacation, it's nothing more than pocket change to them. Plus, Putin views development of Russian sports as one of the keys to promoting patriotism inside and influence outside, so they could've sell a player even if they wanted to.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Billionaires own KHL teams. They spend $300k on gas for their yacht when they take their family on vacation, it's nothing more than pocket change to them. Plus, Putin views development of Russian sports as one of the keys to promoting patriotism inside and influence outside, so they could've sell a player even if they wanted to.

American billionarers don't spend less. ; )

Severstal is not one of such teams. Its subsidized by a local indusrial outlet (you can also call it a "conglmerate"). For such entity financially supporting KHL team is more of an informally required but still a mandatory obligation from the state. Getting $300K for a player they are bound to lose shortly is probably more valuable than for example to Arizona or Carolina. Not sure if it also a part of consideration but they might get more from KHL powerhouses.

Separately, Putin cares about Russian sports' image at a state level. A player leaving without a scandal to a mutual benefit of all sides will not be of concern to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad