Prospect Info: The Pavel Buchnevich Thread (Scores 2 Goals + Assist on Turkey Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
At the very least, he should add third line depth to the team for nothing. More scoring depth could be key in the playoffs when depth is even more important.

No risk still could Receive high rewards he's got some wrist shot playing on a team like that could only imagine him getting set up by Hayes or Zucc cause you can play Zucc with literally anyone phenomenal passer. The one thing that is kind of a flag but at the same time I'm not thinking about it much is he said he didn't want to come over yet because we have a good team and he wasn't sure if he would get a roster spot. If you're confident in your talents (which he should be) it shouldn't matter if we have a good team he should be able to come and earn a spot not just wait till they say hey you got a spot...but then again he's playing top minutes on a bad team gets all the ice time he wants and is enjoying his experience, which is fine idk reading too much into maybe

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Can someone tell me how this guys last name is pronounced?

I think it's like Bu (like if you were saying beautiful) ch (hard c sound) ne (like a horse nay) vich (like Vic, short for Victor)

Sorry I don't know how to do the syllables and all that jazz. This was the best I could come up with lol.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I think it's like Bu (like if you were saying beautiful) ch (hard c sound) ne (like a horse nay) vich (like Vic, short for Victor)

Sorry I don't know how to do the syllables and all that jazz. This was the best I could come up with lol.

I'm gonna end up just calling him Dave :laugh:

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY

Booch-nay-vich

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
It's PAH-vel Booch-NYE (the same as in nyet)-veech. Stress on the 2nd syllable.

Yeah, exactly this what what i meant (not ney like I wrote but "nyee").

The garden will come up with some kind of Booooooooo sound for him anyway lol...

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Once you hear the name a bunch of times it very easy to remember. But if you don't know how it sounds it can look difficult :laugh:

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I gotta say... I love what he's doing. His potential. The need he fills for us.

I am, however, zero convinced he'll be a part of our squad. Ditto for McIlrath. And it kinda sucks. While I'm at it I truly appreciate Yandle but I fear were gonna lose him because of Staal/Girardi and/or not keeping Big Mac, and it'll make not having Duke so much worse.

It's like we just can't have top young scorers.

Don't mean to derail. Just concerns all jumbled together, but primarily that Buch ain't coming. Wish we'd get that Russian RHD who wants to be in Toronto for whatever reason.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville

I am, however, zero convinced he'll be a part of our squad. Ditto for McIlrath. And it kinda sucks. While I'm at it I truly appreciate Yandle but I fear were gonna lose him because of Staal/Girardi and/or not keeping Big Mac, and it'll make not having Duke so much worse.

Don't mean to derail. Just concerns all jumbled together, but primarily that Buch ain't coming. Wish we'd get that Russian RHD who wants to be in Toronto for whatever reason.

I'm a little concerned myself. Not overly concerned, but it's nagging at me, too.

First, he did not come over for this season like the Rangers wanted him too.

- We can say that he wants to improve his English.

- We can say that he's young and wants to gain some more experience.

- We can say that he wants to gain this experience by playing as the Top Guy on a team in the 2nd (or 3rd) most skilled hockey league in the world.

At the end of the day, I'm not really sure what to think. IMO, you're concerns are viable and should not be discounted.

If this were the Capitals, I think Buchnevich would already be here or would at least be a lock to come over and try the NHL after the KHL season ends. Same probably goes if we were a team like the Bolts or Red Wings.

Many Russians have prospered in the NHL, but a whole bunch of them have had unexpected problems - or have chosen to leave the NHL for Russia despite their success.

It's easy for us to ask "What's the problem?! This is the best league in the world! Gobs of money, fan adoration, and high profile fame awaits you!"

Not everyone wants this. I'm not predicting what Buch will do, because I don't know. But I think there is a bit of uncertainty with him. By playing this season in the KHL, he has in effect bought himself more time to ponder his future. I think he is doing that and his mind is not made up.

As long as Severstal treats him well and doesn't forget to pay him (it's been known to happen in the KHL, lol), I'll remain uncertain as to what he's going to do.

Seriously, who on this team is going to take a young Buch under his wing and make him feel most comfortable? Brighton Beach won't accomplish that.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
We need to keep Yandle, he's a major weapon for this team. Butcher made losing Duke more acceptable, but you don't give away your first or second best defenseman in his prime.

BarbaraAlphanse

We need to keep Yandle, he's a major weapon for this team. Butcher made losing Duke more acceptable, but you don't give away your first or second best defenseman in his prime.

Yes. But this makes too much sense for some people to grasp - namely Larry Brooks.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Yes. But this makes too much sense for some people to grasp - namely Larry Brooks.

Journalists in general are full of themselves because in the modern society they served the role previously held by priests/rabbis/imams who told people what to think. With the rise of the internet, there's no reason for that to go on. Sure they think of themselves as experts, but no, they really are not. They are guys who majored in English who decided they are experts in sports, politics, business, etc because seeing your name in print=fame and fame=superiority.

Many of the posters on this forum know more about the Rangers than most journalists. Same for all other spheres journalists cover. Every time one of my court cases gets in the news, after I read their description, I wonder if they are talking about the same case because they are usually not even close to describing what happened. Same with more or less everything they cover. I stopped reading newspapers years ago. I subscribe to Stratfor for foreign news, Politico (and some Drudge links) for domestic stuff, and this forum plus a couple blogs for sports.

BarbaraAlphanse

Journalists in general are full of themselves because in the modern society they served the role previously held by priests/rabbis/imams who told people what to think. With the rise of the internet, there's no reason for that to go on. Sure they think of themselves as experts, but no, they really are not. They are guys who majored in English who decided they are experts in sports, politics, business, etc because seeing your name in print=fame and fame=superiority.

Many of the posters on this forum know more about the Rangers than most journalists. Same for all other spheres journalists cover. Every time one of my court cases gets in the news, after I read their description, I wonder if they are talking about the same case because they are usually not even close to describing what happened. Same with more or less everything they cover. I stopped reading newspapers years ago. I subscribe to Stratfor for foreign news, Politico (and some Drudge links) for domestic stuff, and this forum plus a couple blogs for sports.

Journalism has always focused more about generating revenue and chatter for publication/author than reporting genuinely true/interesting facts/viewpoints.

The world has historically always been starved for good journalists ~when I say always, I mean since journalism became a thing~.

Larry does what a journalist is paid to do. Stir the pot, generate clicks, and write deliberately incorrect trains of thought so that he has a follow up article on deck to correct the previous one.

Logic would indicate that Yandle will be resigned. I'll trust that, before I trust Larry.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville

The problem with News outlets is not necessarily that they are non-expert. The problem is that nearly all of them knowingly push and extoll specific points of view. The media is agenda driven ... period. Rarely will you receive a "balanced" education on events. Most of the news outlets could provide an accurate account of events, as well as reasonable interpretations ... but they elect not to. They are beholden to their seniors, who in turn are beholden to the paymaster.

This is less so in Sports, fortunately.

Sorry for driving this further off-topic. Just wanted to comment.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The best thing to hear is that he has been considered the top prospect in the organization, even before we traded Duclair.

That was my belief when we were willing to part with Duclair. Not that Buch made Duclair expendable but for a team wanting to make that last move to truly go for it, it's easier to part with a talent like Duclair when you know that we have one even better one waiting in the wings.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Nothing made Duke expandable. Having Butcher does not mean we don't need more young wingers. But we had to give to get and both last year and this, Yandle is more important than Duke. It was a Cup window trade.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City

where do you get this from?

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Yandle won't be resigned and/or will choose not to to resign. He's got a coach that won't play him top-four minutes and won't use him on the the first power play unit. The coach and the organization as a whole are enamored with Staal and Girardi and will not ask them to lift their NMCs.

If Buchnevich doesn't come over next year, he's never coming.

The Rangers might well end up with nothing to show for that draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad