The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Because I believe that they are very different I also think that Artemiy's relationship with Bob isnt as deep as one may fear.

It had to be done last year even. Ask Folingo to befriend Panarin, go out together, make the captain appear on his doorsteps with a nice dry sticky bud for a mutually beneficial smoking experience and the conversation that can follow with lots of laughing and joking.

100%

:thumbu:

Reactions: Facifer

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Everyone wants to talk about the upcoming trade deadline, and obviously people know the contract situations of some of the guys. If this a trickier deadline to handle with what's going on with Artemi Panarin and Bobrovsky, or do you treat it similarly as you have past years?
Kekalainen: "I don't think it's any trickier. We're going to get some answers and then we're going to have to make decisions. They're obviously two very talented players, two guys that have been a big part of our success, so that makes it a little bit more intriguing from the outside and people are curious to see how all of this is going to play out.
"But we will do what we need to do, do our best to convince them that they'd like to be part of our future for a long time as a Blue Jacket in Columbus, and if that doesn't happen, then we're going to have to make decisions. That's what we've said all along. I don't think there's anything tricky about it. You just try to handle it professionally, with class, as we always do, and if we have to make hard decisions, we'll make them."

Q&A: Jarmo Kekalainen on the first half, trade deadline

Doesn't sound like JK is too optimistic on keeping Panarin.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Does anyone know what day the actual meeting will take place?

Somewhat off-topic, the thread title sounds like the name of a Barnaby Jones episode lol (either that or Police Squad!). I always read it in that show announcer's voice.

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Maylo, any interesting tidbits from Panarin & Radulov's all-star break instagram chat the other day?
Nah, Bread said he was warned after his last chat with Radu, so they were discreet. His agent also monitoring his videochats it seems. He was there ( in comments) telling him not to spill anything about contract/his future.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Nah, Bread said he was warned after his last chat with Radu, so they were discreet. His agent also monitoring his videochats it seems. He was there ( in comments) telling him not to spill anything about contract/his future.
giphy.gif

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So we have "gag orders" on both the Bob AND Panarin's situations....

Great.

Last edited by a moderator:

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
Datsyuk wants to come back to the NHL....is he buds with Panarin and Bob?

The youngest team in the league could sure use a guy like PD and especially if it meant hanging on to Panarin....

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Datsyuk is also a Milstein client, incidentally.
Datsyuk is also can barely skate in KHL and his knees held together by scotch tape. Milstein just has verbal diarrhea when it comes to his clients.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Datsyuk is also can barely skate in KHL and his knees held together by scotch tape. Milstein just has verbal diarrhea when it comes to his clients.

Have you been hearing/reading anything on the Panarin meeting?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Have you been hearing/reading anything on the Panarin meeting?
latest blurp

Milstein: .........At the same time, Panarin from such a category of people that if he buys something, he will first watch three hundred videos on YouTube, he will think about it a lot. He does not spend money impulsively. Maybe that's why he hasn't signed a contract with Columbus yet?
Lysenkov:- By the way, yes.
M:- It will be a very balanced decision. In the coming days, we will meet again with Artemiy, discuss all of his potential options.
L:- What does Panarin prioritize when signing a contract? The city where he will live in the next eight years?
M:- I will answer this question later. We keep in mind many factors.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Let's hope their is a resolution to the meeting one way or another.
Hope he wants to stay! But if he doesn't I hope he says that and not somehow strings the CBJ along. Not that it changes what we do if he wants to leave (I still don't believe dumping him for a bad return is better than riding it out and seeing if we can catch fire in the playoffs).

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
latest blurp

Milstein: .........At the same time, Panarin from such a category of people that if he buys something, he will first watch three hundred videos on YouTube, he will think about it a lot. He does not spend money impulsively. Maybe that's why he hasn't signed a contract with Columbus yet?
Lysenkov:- By the way, yes.
M:- It will be a very balanced decision. In the coming days, we will meet again with Artemiy, discuss all of his potential options.
L:- What does Panarin prioritize when signing a contract? The city where he will live in the next eight years?
M:- I will answer this question later. We keep in mind many factors.

I can relate to this. I'll do hours of research for $20 headphones or kitchen trash cans. I can only imagine what this decision making process is like.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

I'm assuming (and hope) this is a delayed post because who the hell has dinner at 11:54 PM in Florida?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'm assuming (and hope) this is a delayed post because who the hell has dinner at 11:54 PM in Florida?

Professional hockey players during the all star break...? :dunno:

You might not be happy to find out what they are drinking with dinner.

Do the restaurants in Columbus close at 11pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad