The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There is a new Panarin interveiw, mas made after NYR game. Mostly about Torts and long shifts.

- Are you really negotiating with the head coach about the off days?
- Well, if nobody asks, I have to. Since we all love to train, i will ask myself. I like playing. Of course the three day weekend make themselves known, control of the puck is not like usual, a lot of giveaways. But I’m just happy we have days like this. I felt just great, despite some shortcomings in the technique. I felt good and didn’t get tired. I was fresh, had emotions. Everything was cool.

- You and Tortorella have been working together for a year and a half since the Chicago trade. What are your impressions?
- He has a special style, but he is fine and in good trim I think, because he always keeps the team in good shape and always knows when to say good things and when bad. You can see that he's experienced, so i only have positive emotions working with him, even when he yells on me ocasionally.

-Does it happen often?
- No, not often. Special thanks to him for that, because he still tries to keep me in good shape. Makes me feel responsible, but not particularly comfortable, says to me to not overthink things and just play my game. He always tells me he doesn’t want to break my game. He says play as you will, just be somewhere neat, somewhere a little neater. But it’s very cool. I’m really enjoying this. It helps me.

- The head coach does not scold you for long shifts?

- Scolds-scolds. But what to do, I love to play hockey. Of course this theme is discussed. Sometimes that’s how shifts are going. Sometimes it happens that we pushing and pushing – and I think NOW we will score and I try to do something useful. But in general to me since i’m a guilty suspect of this, i have nothing special to say.

Панарин: длинные смены? Люблю играть в хоккей

Thanks this is really insightful. I'm not sure if I understand the answer to the first question though - is it basically that Artemi likes rest days?

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
We're suckers for anecdotes. Panarin seems like a beauty in terms of personality. What's your favorite story about him?
Jones:
He still can't speak great English, but he's a pretty funny guy once he opens up; decent one-liners. He can't really put a full sentence together. But he loves days off. He's always telling us, "Go into Torts' office, get us a day off." Every time Torts walks through, he's asking, "Day off tomorrow?"

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I have a feeling that Panarin's odds of staying/leaving are now 0.1/99.9.
You're using reverse psychology here. I do this when I bet on the Buckeyes in a big game and it usually works. Yes, I lose a little money, but my team wins the game so I'm happy. You really want Panarin to stay, so if you announce he's gone for certain, then when he does sign, you might lose a little credibility, but your guy is still on the team.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If I were to believe this, it sounds to me like he wants to be a beach bum instead of playing hockey.
It sounded to me like his attitude was less that those don't matter and more that he is going to get those anywhere he goes.

1. Money - Gonna get that anywhere he goes.
2. Success - individual and team success will occur because he believes he is that good.
3. Friends - He will make friends wherever he goes.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I told you this guy talks a lot! This is after NAshville game. This Journo is straight.

Ok, Question about your contract? On what stage talks are now? What about Bob incident? Do you really want to play for Panters? Do you really want to play on the same team with Bob :D

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
And what were the answers..
On contract he as usual tried to dance around. "I just want to play hockey, maybe we will talk on ASB". Strongly denied Florida question.- "No. it's not true." About Bob "I would gladly gossip with you, but no comment."

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
On contract he as usual tried to dance around. "I just want to play hockey, maybe we will talk on ASB". Strongly denied Florida question.- "No. it's not true." About Bob "I would gladly gossip with you, but no comment."
Give Panarin credit, at least his personality is consistent.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Give Panarin credit, at least his personality is consistent.
What is in inconsistent is that George Richards wrote a fanfic and sold it as a journalism. Every russian media picked up that story. "Panarin and Bobrovsky want to play together in Florida"

Reactions: GoJackets1

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
What is in inconsistent is that George Richards wrote a fanfic and sold it as a journalism. Every russian media picked up that story. "Panarin and Bobrovsky want to play together in Florida"
He based that purely off of the fact that Panarin owns a place in Florida and likes to spend time there.

Panarin wants to go live in NYC or maybe LA. I'm almost convinced he is over Chicago (not because of a snub but because he has been there and tried that).

The situation in Columbus I equate to choosing an ice cream flavor to eat for the next 7 years. I may genuinely like the Columbus flavor but I would say it is 3rd or 4th. And if I absolutely have my choice, why wouldn't I go with my #1 favorite?

Reactions: thebus88

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
He based that purely off of the fact that Panarin owns a place in Florida and likes to spend time there.

Panarin wants to go live in NYC or maybe LA. I'm almost convinced he is over Chicago (not because of a snub but because he has been there and tried that).

The situation in Columbus I equate to choosing an ice cream flavor to eat for the next 7 years. I may genuinely like the Columbus flavor but I would say it is 3rd or 4th. And if I absolutely have my choice, why wouldn't I go with my #1 favorite?
He got even that wrong.
"Although Bobrovsky owns a condo in downtown Miami, he didn’t want to talk about his future plans after Saturday’s game."
Also wrote that FO offered 8 years to Panarin and 4 years to Bob. Like i said, absolutely bogus article.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Maylo thanks for the info.
No offense to Panarin but a lot of us deal with same things. Younger generation wants more time for them and will question why do I need to work 60 hours/week to get ahead. Again old school thinking is because you have to.
Pretty obvious from article that he and Torts are trying to work together but some of the "special" things tells me it may be trying to teach an old dog new tricks.
I don't blame Panarin. Heck I'm in my mid 40s and I think every day this time of the year wouldn't it be nice to be somewhere warmer? I don't necessarily care for big cities but I know others do and if that's what he wants it's his right, he's earned it. I hope he stays heck he could work on a sponsorship with Net Jets (like a lot of PGA players do) and spend a few dollars and be in Miami in 2 hours from his front door flying private. A life time supply of Vodka and access to a Private Jet could make Columbus a happy place even if we won't see sunshine until March :)

Reactions: thebus88 and CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

The Athletic writers seem pretty consistent in pumping out these types of articles... from Portzline to Richards to Rutherford... its an Athletic thing. :thumbd:

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
The Athletic writers seem pretty consistent in pumping out these types of articles... from Portzline to Richards to Rutherford... its an Athletic thing. :thumbd:
Yeah, at this point for sure, Portzy wrote himself into a corner and now tries to create tiny little dramas about everything related to Panarin. I haven’t had a problem with him until this subject, he’s beyond obnoxious about it.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
I might be sad sometime in the future when I learn I'm way off base, but I genuinely have the feeling we can re-sign Panarin.

Same (strange pessimistic) feeling. ( most likely next beatiful russian trap, as we like :sarcasm:)

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I might be sad sometime in the future when I learn I'm way off base, but I genuinely have the feeling we can re-sign Panarin.

This is where I'm currently at.... strange gut feeling that when I mention out loud returns me weird looks.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Hey.

Trusting those gut feelings is key. It sometimes is very hard, and other times seems "illogical", but, well, all I'll say is I am there with you boys. And quite frankly I think the new Bob situation is or will play a HUGE part in it. There is no doubt in my mind now that Bob has been filling Panarin with SOME negative feelings about living or playing in Columbus. Who knows what, but clearly its NOT positive in ANY way.

I'm now to the point that I think the negativity that Bob is bringing to the team will actually add to the positivity coming from and being received between Panarin and the rest of the team.

Another reason we should be trading Bob soon is that it could actually be another thing to possibly ADD to the possibility of Panarin staying as he would be "forced" to hang out with other guys more.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Hey.

Trusting those gut feelings is key. It sometimes is very hard, and other times seems "illogical", but, well, all I'll say is I am there with you boys. And quite frankly I think the new Bob situation is or will play a HUGE part in it. There is no doubt in my mind now that Bob has been filling Panarin with SOME negative feelings about living or playing in Columbus. Who knows what, but clearly its NOT positive in ANY way.

I'm now to the point that I think the negativity that Bob is bringing to the team will actually add to the positivity coming from and being received between Panarin and the rest of the team.

Another reason we should be trading Bob soon is that it could actually be another thing to possibly ADD to the possibility of Panarin staying as he would be "forced" to hang out with other guys more.

Do you have any millenarian prophecies to go with that? What about some investment advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad