The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
That lineup would mean that Bread is forgotten but we still need a goalie.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
That lineup would mean that Bread is forgotten but we still need a goalie.
Our goalie arrives Tommorrow , he landed in New York today . Him and Korpi will be our tandem . Let’s be real , goalie play is way overrated in the NHL. Bob tied a shut our record shared by Steve Mason , and Pascal Leclaire . You have Mac blowing up in Carolina , Greiss for the Islanders . The same Bob that was giving up 5 and 8 goals in a loose defensive system , is now pitching shutouts , because of the guys in front of him , keeping the play out on the perimeter . Average goalies can play at an all star level , if the structure is good .

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Our goalie arrives Tommorrow , he landed in New York today . Him and Korpi will be our tandem . Let’s be real , goalie play is way overrated in the NHL. Bob tied a shut our record shared by Steve Mason , and Pascal Leclaire . You have Mac blowing up in Carolina , Greiss for the Islanders . The same Bob that was giving up 5 and 8 goals in a loose defensive system , is now pitching shutouts , because of the guys in front of him , keeping the play out on the perimeter . Average goalies can play at an all star level , if the structure is good .
Ok. But Bob is far better than average, earlier play this year aside.

Reactions: Madifer

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Definitely need to come up with a top line LW to replace Bread. Skinner is tops of the UFA's. Anders Lee could work but rumors have it he is close to signing a deal with the Isles. Other than that trade looks like the only option.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

This team for last several years goes as far as bob takes them. I hate Bobs streakiness and no way do I give him the type of contract he's looking for but right now he's as good as any goalie out there.
It's a big roll of the dice with Elvis and Korpi. Doesn't mean one or both of them won't step up, but I don't think many folks will expect our goalie play to better next season without Bob.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I personally love Skinner. I think there is more to him than we've seen. He is very dynamic player, and a great guy in the locker room. He is not immune to major slumps, and his stats aren't fabulous. Which may be a good thing, contract-wise. But IMO he'd be a great addition to the CBJs.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
To be fair, you could say that Mike Smith and David Rittich is a goalie combo for a non playoff team too. Calgary clinched the West this weekend.
Yep, no one really knows until you know. Although color me not a fan on Elvis for his whole, "give me a real contract" gig he pulled.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Mike Smith does have a lot of NHL experience
He's also 37 and has only been in the playoffs twice in his career but enough about goalies since this is a Panarin topic. I've come to terms that there is little to no chance Panarin re-signs here and I'm OK with that. The CBJ will have money to spend in other ways for next year.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
It seems to me to be very clear that Bob is seeking a long term maximum dollar contract which is his right. There is just no way the CBJ can commit to that 8 year $9 million per year contract to Bob when they have some very excellent goalie prospects not that far away from the NHL. If Bob was willing to accept $8 million per year for another 2-3 years, I think CBJ might try to work something out along those lines. But that does not seem to be what Bob wants. Thus, the divorce seems inevitable.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Merzlikins/Korpisalo are a goalie duo for a non play off team. You guys are being naive and hopeful here.

you're being naive for judging Elvis' game before he even steps foot on NA ice for the first time.

chill.

Reactions: Madifer

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
If Bob fails in the PO again then who cares wether hes gone really. In fact it would be good news, way better news than him staying regardless of the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->