The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Thought that just occurred to me: If you believe the Jackets can win without Panarin as some here have said, then trading him at the TDL shouldn't be an issue. I don't believe they can.
If Jarmo & Co. decide to trade him I'm ok with that but if they want to go for it now then I think they should keep him.
Hopefully he signs a deal in the next couple of weeks and all of this becomes a nonissue.

Win the Cup you mean? I agree with this if so.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
With the Islanders in first place?

Again, what does being in 1st place at the mid point of the season get you?

Not a trophy that I'm aware of.

You think they wouldn't be better off with the assets they would have got trading Tavares? I think we all know the answer to that. :rolleyes:

Also doesn't hurt Trotz agreed to help them put out the dumpster fire.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
What does the Islanders' record have to do with whether or not they should have traded Tavares?

The only relevant information is that which they had a year ago. The team missed the playoffs the prior year and had a strong likelihood of missing that year. That info goes into the "trade him" category. Meanwhile they knew Tavares was strongly considering re-signing and they may have been the favorites for a while until the night before free agency. That's an argument for keeping him.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
You know I agree with you guys on trading Tavares. I just had to mix it up a little.
giphy.gif

Reactions: leesmith

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Again, what does being in 1st place at the mid point of the season get you?

Not a trophy that I'm aware of.

You think they wouldn't be better off with the assets they would have got trading Tavares? I think we all know the answer to that. :rolleyes:

Also doesn't hurt Trotz agreed to help them put out the dumpster fire.

What do you think the Jackets realistically get in a trade for an unextended Panarin?

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Sigh - can we just get this over with please?

What could the issue possibly be that requires a second meeting and couldn't be resolved with one?

yeah its not like Bread and his agent have an ungoing whatsapp or telegram conversation.

this is so lame

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No clue how to read into this, other than be annoyed at the stall tactics.

Reactions: Fro

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
You'd think that Panarin would have a pretty good idea by now:laugh:
A quick no is just as unlikely as a quick yes. Regardless of if he wants to stay or not - giving the Jackets a definitive answer this early only serves to give them more control over the situation and Panarin less.

Could be readying for a major contract negotiation or could simply be trying to exert leverage over who he would get traded to.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Sigh - can we just get this over with please?

What could the issue possibly be that requires a second meeting and couldn't be resolved with one?
Total random hypothetical I just pulled out of nowhere:

"Hey, Artemi. Remember how we thought we knew what the situation was going to be one or the other, and that would decide whether or not you stay? There's a third option. Sounds pretty good to me. Need to know what you think of it."

I'm not happy with delay either, but it's not unreasonable.

EDIT: Or what @lilfedor and @Crede777 said. ;)

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I kind of read this as Columbus made an offer that Milstein wasn’t expecting.

He now wants to follow up with Panarin to discuss.

So not a “we’re not signing no matter what” but rather a ... “we will have to get back to you...?”

Possibly Panarin told Milstein he's not re-signing with the CBJ but Jarmo gave Milstein an offer significant enough to make him reconsider? That's seems plausible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad