The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yes, I ask due him being sporadic. If he wasn't i believe he'd be the best player on the NHL.

He's truly 100% elite and consistently elite. The best player in CBJ history. Not that "sporadic" either. Panarin will have a bad game every now and then but he's back to his dominant self the next night. If the CBJ had a competent powerplay he'd be a 100 point player quite comfortably. He's 4th in the league in even strength scoring since he joined the Jackets.

Muevelo

Apr 7, 2018
He's truly 100% elite and consistently elite. The best player in CBJ history. Not that "sporadic" either. Panarin will have a bad game every now and then but he's back to his dominant self the next night. If the CBJ had a competent powerplay he'd be a 100 point player quite comfortably. He's 4th in the league in even strength scoring since he joined the Jackets.
But he hasn't really made the CBJ that much better and he's the best player on the team, yes but not far ana away.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
But he hasn't really made the CBJ that much better and he's the best player on the team, yes but not far ana away.

He does make the CBJ that much better. The ice tilts in the Jackets favor when he is out there, you can measure the difference in countless ways.

No the Jackets aren't as good as they were in the first half of 2016-17, but teams go up and down for a bazillion reasons. No single player, McDavid included, can lift a team by himself. Measuring player performance by team wins is a game for fools.

Muevelo

Apr 7, 2018
In
He does make the CBJ that much better. The ice tilts in the Jackets favor when he is out there, you can measure the difference in countless ways.

No the Jackets aren't as good as they were in the first half of 2016-17, but teams go up and down for a bazillion reasons. No single player, McDavid included, can lift a team by himself. Measuring player performance by team wins is a game for fools.
Your right, the Blue Jackets have gotten better since then, yet its hard to see at times. He will be missed sorely, but CBJ will be fine without I Believe

Muevelo

Apr 7, 2018
Atkinson isnt a potential 40g player without panarin on the ice as a threat...he is still a 30g player, but still
Your right, Atkinson is a hellofa player. Underappreciated around the league IMO.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I know what Jarmo said...but based on how this team is now looking, is a deal of Hoffman and 1st enough for you to move Bread?

Would you accept a 2020 1st for them to add a upper/mid prospect (b/c we aren't getting the ones everyone will mention)

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I know what Jarmo said...but based on how this team is now looking, is a deal of Hoffman and 1st enough for you to move Bread?

Would you accept a 2020 1st for them to add a upper/mid prospect (b/c we aren't getting the ones everyone will mention)

I would think long and hard about Hoffman+Heponiemi+’20 1st, but I’m not sure that I would accept. Does Hoffman give us as good of a chance to win this year?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

That isn't even close to enough. I have no interest in Hoffman.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

Hey @Maylo, or any other Russian speakers, any chance you can give a brief breakdown? Very recent interview that popped up in my YT feed.

It's before Ottawa game.

Talks about playoff push and how all teams are equal except Tampa blah blah..

Obviously he asked him about "sh...t his pants" comments. He looks like he really didn't liked it. Said "This kind of thing is expected from Torts(no smile), i'm not paying attention to it, just gonna focus on playing." Said Torts made it sound worse then it was, he just had a big headache and a sick feeling, that's it.

stuffy nose and sore throat voice, though.

jaxfan45385

Oct 29, 2007
It's before Ottawa game.

Talks about playoff push and how all teams are equal except Tampa blah blah..

Obviously he asked him about "sh...t his pants" comments. He looks like he really didn't liked it. Said "This kind of thing is expected from Torts(no smile), i'm not paying attention to it, just gonna focus on playing." Said Torts made it sound worse then it was, he just had a big headache and a sick feeling, that's it.

stuffy nose and sore throat voice, though.

So in a way, Torts could be one of the reasons Bread wants to leave?????....

Reactions: JacketsDavid

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
So in a way, Torts could be one of the reasons Bread wants to leave?????....
giphy.gif

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
"Artemiy, Columbus is balancing on the edge of being a PO team, do you feel any pressure from outside or from within (yourself..)?"
"not yet, the season is quite long, there is still time and all is within reach, every team is good, Tampa is the only team thats clearly ahead, all other teams are quite close"

"it wasnt long ago that you played vs Tampa so do you agree that its a real "machine" and that its the strongest team that you have faced during this season?"
"possibly; but there are many other good teams so its hard to tell judging by just one game; and even Tampa has occasional less than stellar games so maybe it was just a successful game that they have had against us. But I do agree that its a good hockey team but in the NHL even (seemingly) the strongest team that finishes first can still lose to an outsider. Time will tell how it goes in the PO since its so different. it is a fact though that Tampa stands out. There IS a reason why they have so many points in the standings".

"Patrick Kane is currently competing for most points with Kucherov and with Ovechkin for most goals. Do you think Kane can win any of these trophies at the expense of either of these russian masters?"
"its hard to make any prediction; especially considering that so many games are yet to be played, +-20; Im glad for Nikita that he is doing so well but I dont really feel like discussing it so that I dont jinx him. Its much more important that he continues to play at this level and it will all be okay"

*** then they discuss some irrelevant KHL related things about the KHL PO and what he thinks about them coming to the NHL (I see no reasons to translate that)*****

"And now about something else. 3 days ago Torts mentioned something about your absence in great details. Were you touched/hurt by this?"
"hmm (he doesnt look happy here) well its quite expected when it comes from Torts"
"What do you think about him saying 'sick as a dog'"?
"Honestly hmm my english isnt that good so I dont know the real meaning of this phrase; so Im not sure how other would react to this phrase, maybe in a good or in a bad way, I simply dont know and it doesnt really matter. My task is to play hockey and to not get distracted too much so I think its all going to be fine"

"Can you reveal the secret of that meal you consumed in Montreal that has lead to.."
(Bread interrupts)
"well in reality Torts exaggerated a bit, I was simply feeling sick in general and there were certain effects but they were secondary to my headache ... and now Im back to being ready 100%"

"One more question about Ottawa now that we are here... the situation about the trades with this franchise. It seems that everyone is waiting for Stone's decision. do you agree with this general expectation and that everyone is waiting for the decision of one man? (I assume he still means Stone but its not clear)
"do you mean in the entire league? your question isnt clear"
"yes in the entire league"
"I think since we are in Ottawa then its all you hear about"
"thanks!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad