The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
"Artemiy, Columbus is balancing on the edge of being a PO team, do you feel any pressure from outside or from within (yourself..)?"
"not yet, the season is quite long, there is still time and all is within reach, every team is good, Tampa is the only team thats clearly ahead, all other teams are quite close"

"it wasnt long ago that you played vs Tampa so do you agree that its a real "machine" and that its the strongest team that you have faced during this season?"
"possibly; but there are many other good teams so its hard to tell judging by just one game; and even Tampa has occasional less than stellar games so maybe it was just a successful game that they have had against us. But I do agree that its a good hockey team but in the NHL even (seemingly) the strongest team that finishes first can still lose to an outsider. Time will tell how it goes in the PO since its so different. it is a fact though that Tampa stands out. There IS a reason why they have so many points in the standings".

"Patrick Kane is currently competing for most points with Kucherov and with Ovechkin for most goals. Do you think Kane can win any of these trophies at the expense of either of these russian masters?"
"its hard to make any prediction; especially considering that so many games are yet to be played, +-20; Im glad for Nikita that he is doing so well but I dont really feel like discussing it so that I dont jinx him. Its much more important that he continues to play at this level and it will all be okay"

*** then they discuss some irrelevant KHL related things about the KHL PO and what he thinks about them coming to the NHL (I see no reasons to translate that)*****

"And now about something else. 3 days ago Torts mentioned something about your absence in great details. Were you touched/hurt by this?"
"hmm (he doesnt look happy here) well its quite expected when it comes from Torts"
"What do you think about him saying 'sick as a dog'"?
"Honestly hmm my english isnt that good so I dont know the real meaning of this phrase; so Im not sure how other would react to this phrase, maybe in a good or in a bad way, I simply dont know and it doesnt really matter. My task is to play hockey and to not get distracted too much so I think its all going to be fine"

"Can you reveal the secret of that meal you consumed in Montreal that has lead to.."
(Bread interrupts)
"well in reality Torts exaggerated a bit, I was simply feeling sick in general and there were certain effects but they were secondary to my headache ... and not Im back to being ready 100%"

"One more question about Ottawa now that we are here... the situation about the trades with this franchise. It seems that everyone is waiting for Stone's decision. do you agree with this general expectation and that everyone is waiting for the decision of one man? (I assume he still means Stone but its not clear)
"do you mean in the entire league? your question isnt clear"
"yes in the entire league"
"I think since we are in Ottawa then its all you hear about"
"thanks!"

Thanks for the translate! Ive been watching Panarins instagram stories without understanding a word. Man why the luck i cant speak Russia.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
"What do you think about him saying 'sick as a dog'"?
"Honestly hmm my english isnt that good so I dont know the real meaning of this phrase; so Im not sure how other would react to this phrase, maybe in a good or in a bad way, I simply dont know and it doesnt really matter. My task is to play hockey and to not get distracted too much so I think its all going to be fine"

:laugh::laugh: :popcorn: :laugh::laugh:

I absolutely love the thought that these Russians are puzzled by Torts' idioms. "What! He said I pooped myself?"

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
:laugh::laugh: :popcorn: :laugh::laugh:

I absolutely love the thought that these Russians are puzzled by Torts' idioms. "What! He said I pooped myself?"

well the entire interview is very "bread like", he is being very elusive and all. Like he always is. So there is a chance that he avoided giving an answer here as well

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I'd say cbj are in a fine spot to pick their future players. Because of the all-in trades, it has to be a deep 2019 playoff run. If it's not, there is absolutely no sense in making long period high risk contracts.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
I'd say cbj are in a fine spot to pick their future players. Because of the all-in trades, it has to be a deep 2019 playoff run. If it's not, there is absolutely no sense in making long period high risk contracts.

Are you saying Panarin is high risk? If you are go home you are drunk

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Are you saying Panarin is high risk? If you are go home you are drunk

I was referring to the deadline in overall.

..but YES, I see every >5M$ player as a risk, especially him and Bob. And let's face it, Panarin is no Messier. It's a team sport and a player this caliber needs to prove that he can lead the same team he will sign for.

edit: yes drunk also.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018

..but YES, I see every >5M$ player as a risk, especially him and Bob. And let's face it, Panarin is no Messier. It's a team sport and a player this caliber needs to prove that he can lead the same team he will sign for.

Stop drinking. Every player over 5M deal is a risk? McDavid,Crosby,Kane,Ovie,Kucherov,Stamkos,Burns this list is endless.. Panarin 4years in NHL and over 70points every season. If you can sign him under 8M its not an risk its a lottery win.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Stop drinking. Every player over 5M deal is a risk? McDavid,Crosby,Kane,Ovie,Kucherov,Stamkos,Burns this list is endless.. Panarin 4years in NHL and over 70points every season. If you can sign him under 8M its not an risk its a lottery win.

He didn't say McDavid. Crosby, etc. He is talking about the ones we have.

And McDavid seems to really be putting the Oilers over the top...

Reactions: Aurinko

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC

edit: yes drunk also.
This is an absolutely insane comment. People like JT Miller and Andy MacDonald are making 5.5 m per year. It's just reality. If you approach team-building like this, you'll have no skill on the team. Ever.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
This is an absolutely insane comment. People like JT Miller and Andy MacDonald are making 5.5 m per year. It's just reality. If you approach team-building like this, you'll have no skill on the team. Ever.

I'd rather have a team with light contracts doing bad than a highly skilled team completely anchored to the bottom.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Panarin is a good guy but I dont see him play with his heart.

Maybe his logic goes something like: "I have proven myself, Im guaranteed a juicy $70m+ contract; in July I will choose where to play and why should I give my very best and possibly extend the season right now while my holiday can start in just 5 weeks...?".

I know its an assumption and I hope Im wrong, but its possible that Im right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->