The Panarin Situation, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Lots of rumors surrounding FLA as a potential trade destination.

Some thoughts... Would you do Panarin and Bob for Huberdeau (plus a pick and...?)? Would Florida? Would you let Florida negotiate contract extensions with them now? Or maybe CBJ should aim for separate deals for both of them? Would just Panarin (or maybe just Bob if he will sign a contreact extension with Florida) be enough to get that kind of return?

Depending on the pluses, yes I would do that deal. Yes, I would let them negotiate with Theofanos. I do not, however, think Panarin wants to re-sign/negotiate with anyone until July 1. But I think we could maybe get a decent haul for Bobrovsky as he WOULD sign long term now in Florida. It wouldn't be Huberdeau but it would be a decent haul.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Depending on the pluses, yes I would do that deal. Yes, I would let them negotiate with Theofanos. I do not, however, think Panarin wants to re-sign/negotiate with anyone until July 1. But I think we could maybe get a decent haul for Bobrovsky as he WOULD sign long term now in Florida. It wouldn't be Huberdeau but it would be a decent haul.

It would surprise me if we get anything more than a 2nd rounder.

Reactions: CharlotteJacket

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think folks have fully thought this through from Florida's perspective. They're adding nearly $20m in salary to a cash starved franchise, and if it's Huberdeau going to Columbus, Florida is trading away a point per game player on an RFA contract for two players otherwise slated for UFA. The only thing Florida is adding on top of Huberdeau is Reimer's bad contract.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I don't think folks have fully thought this through from Florida's perspective. They're adding nearly $20m in salary to a cash starved franchise, and if it's Huberdeau going to Columbus, Florida is trading away a point per game player on an RFA contract for two players otherwise slated for UFA. The only thing Florida is adding on top of Huberdeau is Reimer's bad contract.

Gonna be a lot of disappointed CBJ fans at the TDL.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
For a signed Bobrovsky? Okay then.

Is he a prized deadline rental for a playoff run? No.

Is he an asset that more than a few teams can plausibly sign? No.

If Florida is the one acquiring him all they're paying for here is that 8th year (which they might be better off not having the option of offering) and a little extra to make sure they get him off the market early so say, St. Louis can't make a bid. But to them the salary implications are the cost of acquiring Bob, they really shouldn't be offering trade assets on top of that.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Florida isn't serious at all about making a big trade package for Panarin and Bob, that all they're really doing right now is planting firmly in Panarin and Bob's minds that Florida wants to make a joint offer, which they can legally do at the end of June.

Reactions: Bobcat110

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Panarin really seems like a really good guy. He just doesn't like it here. But thats ok. He can take advantage of this situation once in his career and he should take advantage of it. Hasn't affected his play, he's a pro.

Agree completely. I'm hurt that he's leaving, but how anyone can boo him is a head scratcher.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Agree completely. I'm hurt that he's leaving, but how anyone can boo him is a head scratcher.

I get booing him (next year. It’s really, really stupid to do boo him right now). I get it more than cheering for him next year honestly (barring him staying past the TDL and us making a really, really deep run in the playoffs this year). I’m probably not gonna boo him, but some people seem to be of the opinion that we should give him a rousing ovation next year when he returns.

Panarin’s like a woman that you had a great relationship with. You had a lot of good times. She gave everything she had to the relationship while she was in it. She never cheated. But when you proposed, she turned it down and ultimately said, “it’s not you, it’s me.”

Is that within her right? Obviously yes. Should you lash out at her and hold a grudge and cry yourself to sleep at night for years? No. It’s both unfair (since she didn’t do anything wrong) and unhealthy for you. But that negative reaction still makes more sense than going to her wedding watching her marry some other dude and applauding it. The best response is to move on and find another girl and forget about the old one forever.

Ultimately, Panarin provided a lot of excitement and yet, he didn’t help us accomplish anything we haven’t already accomplished in our mediocre history (assuming he’s either traded or we keep him but don’t make it out of the first round). He should not be beloved here or cheered when he comes back if he chooses to leave (and I’m not saying you’re saying that SL, but I’ve seen that type of sentiment elsewhere).

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I get booing him (next year. It’s really, really stupid to do boo him right now). I get it more than cheering for him next year honestly (barring him staying past the TDL and us making a really, really deep run in the playoffs this year). I’m probably not gonna boo him, but some people seem to be of the opinion that we should give him a rousing ovation next year when he returns.

Panarin’s like a woman that you had a great relationship with. You had a lot of good times. She gave everything she had to the relationship while she was in it. She never cheated. But when you proposed, she turned it down and ultimately said, “it’s not you, it’s me.”

Is that within her right? Obviously yes. Should you lash out at her and hold a grudge and cry yourself to sleep at night for years? No. It’s both unfair (since she didn’t do anything wrong) and unhealthy for you. But that negative reaction still makes more sense than going to her wedding watching her marry some other dude and applauding it. The best response is to move on and find another girl and forget about the old one forever.

Ultimately, Panarin provided a lot of excitement and yet, he didn’t help us accomplish anything we haven’t already accomplished in our mediocre history (assuming he’s either traded or we keep him but don’t make it out of the first round). He should not be beloved here or cheered when he comes back if he chooses to leave (and I’m not saying you’re saying that SL, but I’ve seen that type of sentiment elsewhere).

I think Id compare it to FWB who provided lots of fun and consensual "benefits" yet said no to a real relationship citing the agreements which were made. His mind was with the team yet his heart was elsewhere all this time.

He doesnt deserve a standing ovation or booing.

Reactions: Fro

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
He should not be beloved here or cheered when he comes back if he chooses to leave (and I’m not saying you’re saying that SL, but I’ve seen that type of sentiment elsewhere).

Just because I am the CBJ HFBoard's official tribute video score keeper I must know..

Today, Feb 15, 2019 you have placed yourself firmly in the "he should NOT get a tribute video when he comes back" - camp, right? :laugh:

Reactions: Fro

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Just because I am the CBJ HFBoard's official tribute video score keeper I must know..

Today, Feb 15, 2019 you have placed yourself firmly in the "he should NOT get a tribute video when he comes back" - camp, right? :laugh:

Haha, I am officially in the not camp. I actually think it’d look pretty pathetic (I’m not really a huge fan of this word, but ‘beta’ comes directly to mind) to give a guy a tribute when he played only two years here and voluntarily thought another team/city was better for him despite being offered the moon.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Haha, I am officially in the not camp. I actually think it’d look pretty pathetic (I’m not really a huge fan of this word, but ‘beta’ comes directly to mind) to give a guy a tribute when he played only two years here and voluntarily thought another team/city was better for him despite being offered the moon.

You're entry has been successfully entered into the CBJHFB Tribute Video Notebook :thumbu:

Muevelo

Apr 7, 2018
Is Panarin Elite? Not great, not good but truly 100% Elite? What do you guys truly think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad