OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Well about that defense, changes coming next season...

Dean Pees announces his retirement today at the season ending press conference.

DB coach Kerry Coombs accepts the D Coordinator position at Ohio State.
Good to hear.

That effort against KC was a joke

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Pees is an awesome DC. How quickly people forget the Ravens game. I doubt the titans will hire anyone of his caliber to replace him. There is no defending the KC offense especially with no pass rush.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Pees is an awesome DC. How quickly people forget the Ravens game. I doubt the titans will hire anyone of his caliber to replace him. There is no defending the KC offense especially with no pass rush.
Never sold on the ravens offense winning playoff games. may be a hot take but Lamar Jackson can't throw the ball well enough.

Reactions: Dave is a killer

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

Rex Ryan lives in Nashville. Might not be a bad place to start looking.

As for stopping the KC offense, yeah that's likely going to be a problem for years. The good news is that Andy Reid won't be around forever and Mahomes will eventually get paid making it more difficult for them to surround him with weapons.

I'm still having trouble coping with the fact that the KC offense isn't what beat the Titans on Sunday. It was the Titans inability to execute on offense, something they did very well against vastly superior defenses the previous 2 weeks.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

As for stopping the KC offense, yeah that's likely going to be a problem for years. The good news is that Andy Reid won't be around forever and Mahomes will eventually get paid making it more difficult for them to surround him with weapons.

I'm still having trouble coping with the fact that the KC offense isn't what beat the Titans on Sunday. It was the Titans inability to execute on offense, something they did very well against vastly superior defenses the previous 2 weeks.
No doubt. Was shocked that KC stopped the run as well as they didnt from the end of the 2nd quarter on.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017

giphy.gif

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Looks like the Titans are promoting within for a DC. Shane Bowen who is the linebackers coach looks like he will be the new DC.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm totally good with that. So far the team has mostly made the right moves in the Vrabel era, even if it didn't initially seem to be so.

Yes, Kevin Dodd comes to mind. It's kind of nuts how that round went. Kevin Dodd... Austin Johnson... Derrick Henry.

I also hated the Corey Davis and Adoree Jackson picks.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Clay Travis had me laughing hard after he posted LJ's QB passing video at the Pro Bowl practice/skills competition
LJ had 2 points. 90% of this board could beat that. LJ isn't half the QB the media hyped him up to be. the fall will be glorious. he has the perfect team and scheme.

jimmy G threw the ball what 6 times in the NFC championship game while the game was still in contention? finished with 8 passes?

Reactions: Dave is a killer

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Titans pretty much showed the league how to contain Lamar Jackson. Make him run east/west to the sideline and then force him to beat you throwing. It will be interesting to see how well he does from here on.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Crazy. I’m all for future planning but it can happen at any time so make sure you do everything you can to enjoy today as well.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad