OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I look forward to all the nuanced opinions from all the non-Davidson County residents on the subject and especially the non-Davidson County taxpayers who cross our border to enjoy Preds games at the Davidson County taxpayer funded Bridgestone Arena. (This is not political BTW).

You mean the ones that spend a buttload of money in restaurants, bars, hotels etc that arent in our county or even state of residence?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You mean the ones that spend a buttload of money in restaurants, bars, hotels etc that arent in our county or even state of residence?
Not to mention the ones that work there and have family there. It ain't real hard to know what goes on in Nashville if you know where to look, listen, and who to talk too.

Nashville depends on the area and the area depends on Nashville.

Reactions: LCPreds

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Like I said, nuanced. Let us know where you'd like us to build a homeless shelter in Sumner/Rutherford/Montgomery county.

EDIT: LMFAO Shelbyville

What even ****ing county is that in?

Bedford. Which is a county an hour away that has no issues paying it bills.

You should probably take a minute to learn some local geography.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave is a killer

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
[MOD] The Titans and Preds both aren't here without support from Bowling Green to Northern Alabama and then Eastern and Western Middle Tennessee.

Anyone who believes Nashville has gotten where it has simply because of Nashville knows very little about the region as a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I don't watch much football anymore and watching the super bowl is reminding me why. Jesus Christ is this a slow ass game with waaay too many former players with microphones.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Nashville SC revised their proposal to fully fund the stadium, provide an additional $19 million, forego the $35 million lease payment from Metro and revise give up some of the land so that Super Cooper can expand the racetrack one day.

I don’t think Ingram is offering to “give back” to the city the property that he was going to own and develop....

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I don't watch much football anymore and watching the super bowl is reminding me why. Jesus Christ is this a slow ass game with waaay too many former players with microphones.

I know. And all the reporters on the field afterward. What a shit show.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

It's the worst game of the season to watch, and funny enough I was talking to my wife about how many of the studio panel members are too old and irrelevant to the game today, they need some fresh faces in the game.

Side note, watching the celebration, there was a distinct lack of F-bombs if you're used to the Stanley Cup presentation. I don't know when it started, but it feels like each team to win the Cup now is trying to outdo the last one with f-bombs. But i'm apparently in the minority, at least on HF, in thinking the players could reel it in a bit.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
It's the worst game of the season to watch, and funny enough I was talking to my wife about how many of the studio panel members are too old and irrelevant to the game today, they need some fresh faces in the game.

Side note, watching the celebration, there was a distinct lack of F-bombs if you're used to the Stanley Cup presentation. I don't know when it started, but it feels like each team to win the Cup now is trying to outdo the last one with f-bombs. But i'm apparently in the minority, at least on HF, in thinking the players could reel it in a bit.
Yeah, that whole F Bomb thing is really weird. I mean, I'm sure some of it is completely organic for some of the players....but not every single one...

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I turned the game on last night at basically the perfect time. The Niners were punting back to KC. KC scored to go ahead. Niners failed to score. Game.

It's crazy that I've evolved to the point where I would rather watch a DVR of last week's Impractical Jokers over the Super Bowl.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I turned the game on last night at basically the perfect time. The Niners were punting back to KC. KC scored to go ahead. Niners failed to score. Game.

It's crazy that I've evolved to the point where I would rather watch a DVR of last week's Impractical Jokers over the Super Bowl.

I mean IJ is comedy gold. I watched the SB by only because I watched my DVRed episodes of IJ in the morning. That's a true story.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I don’t think Ingram is offering to “give back” to the city the property that he was going to own and develop....

In the updated proposal they sent to Cooper they agreed to rework some of the boundaries so the mythical race track improvements would be doable.

The main sticking point now is parcel 8C which Ingram wants to build a parking structure on but Cooper says he doesn't want and that 8C must be given to the city.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
As a Red Sox and Patriots fan, I would not mind some slack time in the winning. You have to have some bitter to REALLY enjoy the sweet. The 90's sucked, I mean hardcore sucked; The Pats were talking about moving to St. Louis, the Red Sox couldn't get out of the way, it dragged the rest of the teams down in Boston. Reload, re-aim, find your hunger and enjoy. As a Preds fan, I remember the expansion days, it focuses me. The Cup run was nice but the result did grate.

Now, the Mookie trade had to happen. If the Sox kept their spending over the tax, they would have spent 50 million over 3 years for nothing. Reset and they can spend over next year.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
im actually excited for the XFL to start up. anyone else? hopefully it's sustainable as a league.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Are you sure, Red Sox? Sure? OK, Sox get under the cap, restock the farm (Portland Sea Dogs are going to be sick), and now have moore Capped tax space for a run for...Mookie next year.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Grizzlies sticking around the playoff race. Gonna be a fun team to watch if you can stand pro ball, which apparently I can if there is a player I'm really interested in (Ja Morant)

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Like I said, nuanced. Let us know where you'd like us to build a homeless shelter in Sumner/Rutherford/Montgomery county.

EDIT: LMFAO Shelbyville

What even ****ing county is that in?
Are you kidding me? How long have you lived here? Owned in Davidson?

You do realize that the entertainment tax and hotel taxes are what built the arena or did you even live here back then? Where you even old enough to vote on it in what 1994?

A lot of the people like myself relocated from Davidson county, after living there most of our lives, and some still own rental property there.

Having a Davidson county address doesn't put you on a higher standard than anyone else here.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Here is the latest letter I received from Nashville SC last night:

Well.

We put it all on the table to bring Major League Soccer to Nashville.

Metro agreed to build a new soccer stadium. Commitments were made. A great Community Benefits Agreement was signed with affordable housing and childcare.

When Mayor John Cooper said city dollars were tight … we said okay.

Because, during his campaign, Mayor Cooper said:

“I’m trying to be very clear about this to everybody. We voted for soccer and now soccer has to be a success, … At this point, we have to make what’s there work out. That is going to require a lot of creativity.”

So, we got creative:

1. We offered to be responsible for the total cost of the stadium. We will cover all stadium costs. ALL OF IT.
  2. We offered to pay an additional $19 Million to Metro for infrastructure in the immediate vicinity of the stadium.
  3. We offered to give back $35-million Metro promised to pay in the original deal.
  4. We are providing more than fair value for the 10 acres at the fairgrounds, including affordable housing and child care -- $26 Million worth. (We note that during the campaign, the Mayor made affordable housing a centerpiece issue.)
  5. We told the Mayor we are willing to modify designs for the 10-acre site to accommodate future racing possibilities.
And, if built, this property will generate more than $1.5 million a year in property taxes versus zero dollars today.

On the basis of the city’s commitment, the team has hired over 150 people and millions have been already spent on a completed design. All of that is shrouded in uncertainty and delay.

We even outlined all of this in a letter to the Mayor. You can read that letter here.

He responded…you can read that too. And then we responded back. Read that here.

Now, MAYOR COOPER WON'T MOVE FORWARD.

So, it’s time.

Sign the petition at www.buildthestadium.com

Call 615-862-6000 and tell Mayor Cooper it’s time #buildthestadium.

Or, send the Mayor an email, asking him to Build Our Stadium. Email him here: [email protected]

And, send the Mayor a tweet…we’ll suggest this:

Hey @JohnCooper4Nash, it’s time to #buildthestadium. Learn more @BuildTheStadium.

You’ll hear more from us. Stay tuned.

www.buildthestadium.com

PS: Please follow us on all our social channels below!
PPS: Share this and tell your friends to join us!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Key section below, especially #1.

So, we got creative:

1. We offered to be responsible for the total cost of the stadium. We will cover all stadium costs. ALL OF IT.
  2. We offered to pay an additional $19 Million to Metro for infrastructure in the immediate vicinity of the stadium.
  3. We offered to give back $35-million Metro promised to pay in the original deal.
  4. We are providing more than fair value for the 10 acres at the fairgrounds, including affordable housing and child care -- $26 Million worth. (We note that during the campaign, the Mayor made affordable housing a centerpiece issue.)
  5. We told the Mayor we are willing to modify designs for the 10-acre site to accommodate future racing possibilities.
And, if built, this property will generate more than $1.5 million a year in property taxes versus zero dollars today.

On the basis of the city’s commitment, the team has hired over 150 people and millions have been already spent on a completed design. All of that is shrouded in uncertainty and delay.

We even outlined all of this in a letter to the Mayor. You can read that letter here.

He responded…you can read that too. And then we responded back. Read that here

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
If this fails then you can kiss any chance of getting the World Cup here and that is revenue that does not need to be missed

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm just trying to figure out what Cooper has against it if they are willing to fully foot the bill unless he has a special project he would rather do there.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm just trying to figure out what Cooper has against it if they are willing to fully foot the bill unless he has a special project he would rather do there.

Racing. He's a dinosaur.

Speculation: The long game here is rather interesting. He knows that Ingram has put money into this so might bend. A lot of this is now about a parcel (8C) that may or may not be needed for a race track deal Nashville may or may not even get. But it's possible he can play hardball, get the parcel back, have Ingram and Nashville FC basically pay for all site improvements, and then here we go with a sweetheart deal to lure NASCAR back to Nashville on a site that has been renovated by Nashville FC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad