OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Except for Ravens/Browns, all of those moves were before the AFL/NFL merger. I'm just talking about modern NFL

And I'm guessing the Ravens havent played the Browns in the AFC championship because the new Browns have been crap their entire existence

Okay, well anyway to answer the question, the Colts and Ravens have played three times in the playoffs but not in the AFC Championship.

Edit: Also the Browns moving to Baltimore was in 1996, but the NFL considers the Ravens to be an expansion team.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Okay, well anyway to answer the question, the Colts and Ravens have played three times in the playoffs but not in the AFC Championship.

Edit: Also the Browns moving to Baltimore was in 1996, but the NFL considers the Ravens to be an expansion team.

I cant like posts so I'll just say thank you

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Where’s the lol Titans guy?
I have been a lol guy but it I have always been firmly of the belief Mariota was not the guy to QB this team. I felt as long as he was the QB the Titans would be wasting a pretty damn good team.
Watching a competent QB in this offense has been a delight and for the first time in years I think they can win it all.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Packers just got screwed by the refs!

They claimed that the Packers did not clearly recover the ball after a Packer player handed it to one of them when they unpiled. There were 3 Packers and 2 Seahawks in the scrum. Packers lose a challenge and a time out. The defense got a 3 and out. Don't be surprised if a Seahawk gets torn in half by the angry, angry Packer defense.

It's all your fault, incompetent refs! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!

The Packers got screwed by the replacement refs when they really won that game in Seattle a few years ago. Now, they have been screwed again in Green Bay during a playoff game.

Reactions: LCPreds

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Packers called for OPI after their received was picked up and body slammed, which should have been 15 yards on Seattle.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Packers just got screwed by the refs!

They claimed that the Packers did not clearly recover the ball after a Packer player handed it to one of them when they unpiled. There were 3 Packers and 2 Seahawks in the scrum. Packers lose a challenge and a time out. The defense got a 3 and out. Don't be surprised if a Seahawk gets torn in half by the angry, angry Packer defense.

It's all your fault, incompetent refs! It's all your fault! It's all your fault!

The Packers got screwed by the replacement refs when they really won that game in Seattle a few years ago. Now, they have been screwed again in Green Bay during a playoff game.
Packers called for OPI after their received was picked up and body slammed, which should have been 15 yards on Seattle.

Dude, they are up 21-3...

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
If you take Henry's last 8 games he has 1,273 yards, and turn that into a 16 game season he would have 2,545 yards just so we are clear, 2,105 yards is the record for a 16 game season.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
upload_2020-1-18_21-1-33.jpeg

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Yeah in the early days there were a lot of Titans/football fans that hated hockey/the Preds. They would call up the radio stations and complain that they were talking too much Preds talk because we don't need "the hockey" here and they don't like "the ice hockey" (said in their very thick southern accent).

I think it was a lot of older people and ones that had never been to or seen a game. I think that the sale in 2007 got a lot of people off that way of thinking. They finally realized the Preds are our team, too, we need to support them. So people that had never been to a game, went and got hooked. And now, almost 13 (!) years later, you don't hear that anymore and everyone loves each other and roots for both teams.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The poor tackling on that Mahomes TD just before the half was the result of the kind of Titans play I’m used to seeing.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The poor tackling on that Mahomes TD just before the half was the result of the kind of Titans play I’m used to seeing.
Well and the whole thing goes back to the holding call on the offense which made them go 3 and out and gave KC the ball back with that much time.

When you are playing teams this good you can't shoot yourself in the foot.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
that was frustrating.

have to hope for a miracle but for the life of me i cannot understand the defense against mahomes. you're getting zero pressure on him and he is lighting you up. why not bring an extra guy or 2 to make him uncomfortable? he is already lighting you up. what do you have to lose? sitting back and giving him all day is not going to get it done today.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Well and the whole thing goes back to the holding call on the offense which made them go 3 and out and gave KC the ball back with that much time.

When you are playing teams this good you can't shoot yourself in the foot.

I don’t remember a holding call that led to a 3 and out. I remember a holding call on Conklin that ultimately ended up with a td to Kelly.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don’t remember a holding call that led to a 3 and out. I remember a holding call on Conklin that ultimately ended up with a td to Kelly.
Guess I'm getting the two confused. Apparently we just sucked so bad we couldn't get 10 yards. Still the 3 and out kills you there.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Guess I'm getting the two confused. Apparently we just sucked so bad we couldn't get 10 yards. Still the 3 and out kills you there.

yeah that’s what happened. And I don’t even know what they were doing on last drive. 2nd and 7. Pulled Henry? I mean the offense runs through that guy especially in the 2nd half. Maybe the hammy is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->