OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Tannehill was better than Brady last season. I don't see him as an upgrade other than being a bigger name that will sell a **** load of jerseys.
Brady had a bottom 5 OL and the worst skill positions of any QB. Tannehill is fools gold.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Brady had a bottom 5 OL and the worst skill positions of any QB. Tannehill is fools gold.

We could go round and round about whether Tanny is fool’s gold and Brady sucked (relatively speaking) because of everyone other than Brady. It doesn’t matter because Brady is not going to be a Titan.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I think Brady could do well here, he's a master of the short passing game and I think Brown and Davis could take advantage of that with their YAC ability. Plus he would bring so much experience and be able to teach this team a lot about winning.

Why I would be hesitant, is that you're going to get one, maybe two years from Brady? and then transition to another QB. Where, if Tannehill is the real deal, he could provide some consistency at the position for the next 5-6 seasons. Having a QB with that much knowledge and experience in a system is incredibly huge and could let the offense really grow into something special, beyond just pounding it with Henry and play action.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
We could go round and round about whether Tanny is fool’s gold and Brady sucked (relatively speaking) because of everyone other than Brady. It doesn’t matter because Brady is not going to be a Titan.
i think it's here or the chargers.

he has no chance of winning in NE. their offensive line and skill positions are awful. he knows that.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i understand why titan fans are high on tannehill right now but they should be trying to move up in this years draft to snag tua.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Looks like John Cooper is going to screw us out of the MLS team. Hopefully he comes around.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
How did it even get to this point? Wasn't it a done deal, multiple times? How many lawsuits can continue to be filed to hold up construction?

The metro council voted in favor of the plan with 6 no votes. The now mayor was one of the no votes. He’s going to find a way to kill it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
When your city is on the brink of being broke you don't need to be building soccer stadiums for someone else to make money.

Nashville was just about to be taken over by the State, the only reason they didn't was to see if Cooper could solve it.

Also with Nashville's charter the mayor has the bulk of the power, the Council is basically a dog and pony show.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
When your city is on the brink of being broke you don't need to be building soccer stadiums for someone else to make money.

Nashville was just about to be taken over by the State, the only reason they didn't was to see if Cooper could solve it.

Also with Nashville's charter the mayor has the bulk of the power, the Council is basically a dog and pony show.

Nashville SC revised their proposal to fully fund the stadium, provide an additional $19 million, forego the $35 million lease payment from Metro and revise give up some of the land so that Super Cooper can expand the racetrack one day.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

You got a link to a story about the city being broke and the state "taking over?"

As an outsider in KY all we ever hear is how Nashville is growing by leaps and bounds and youd think that would expand the tax base

(Not saying what you said isnt accurate I'd just be curious to read more..)

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
You got a link to a story about the city being broke and the state "taking over?"

As an outsider in KY all we ever hear is how Nashville is growing by leaps and bounds and youd think that would expand the tax base

(Not saying what you said isnt accurate I'd just be curious to read more..)

It's true, they've mentioned it on local news a few times recently. I think that it's at least as much politically motivated as it is financially. But we can't really have that conversation on HF.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's not political, the city has had it happen in the past. Briley had the city headed for a 40+ million shortfall, which cities are not allowed to do.

They've done things like that to other cities as well. Shelbyville had a horrible water treatment facility so they stepped in and told the city to build one or they would take the city over and do it for them. City decided to build a water plant.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It's true, they've mentioned it on local news a few times recently. I think that it's at least as much politically motivated as it is financially. But we can't really have that conversation on HF.

If this were actually true I’m sure we would see plenty of discussion in spots other than local news. I don’t remember seeing anything in the NBJ. Not saying it couldn’t be true but all of us would probably know about it if it were.

And my reference is to the soccer club being the driver here, or backing out of that deal being the savior. Not that the city has some financial problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad