OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
If this offense can score another td it’s certainly not over yet. I don’t know what happened to the game plan they just need to get back to it.
Titans can't play from behind. Henry hasn't been effective since they lost the lead.

I still for the life of me can't figure out the defensive game plan. Like trying to confuse mahomes with zone versus man is not working. he's ran for 10+ yards 3-4 times. Why not blitz instead of trying the same d-line fronts and stunts?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’m not sure why some people wanted to play KC over Houston.

The most frustrating thing is that Henry ran all over NE and Balt who have vastly superior defenses. What has KC done that those teams weren’t able to do scheme wise? They were stacking the box too so what’s different today?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I’m not sure why some people wanted to play KC over Houston.

The most frustrating thing is that Henry ran all over NE and Balt who have vastly superior defenses. What has KC done that those teams weren’t able to do scheme wise? They were stacking the box too so what’s different today?
Anyone that wanted KC over Houston is a moron and should never be listened to in anything sports related.

I don't think it's so much about them just stopping Henry. It's more of situational football. I mean KC has scored a TD on 5 of their last 6 drives when the game was still up for grabs. It's hard to run the ball when the other team is just doing whatever they want on offense like KC is. Titans got away from the run a bit too.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
3 and 10. Rushes 3 guys. Three! Defensive pass interference. Nail in the coffin.

I mean seriously I would fire the defensive coordinator. too many athletes on titans defense for that.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
When you’re up 17-7 or within 4 when it was 21-17 there is absolutely no reason to deviate from the game plan.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
3rd and 9. FINALLY bring the blitz!

What happens? Mahomes pretty much throws it away.

Where the f*** was that the whole game? This was a very winnable game with the way this team was playing with a competent defensive game plan.

Reactions: LCPreds

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Much better season than anyone expected. Spend the summer plugging holes and come back better next year and maybe get a home game in the playoffs.

Above all else, kudos for ending the Brady era in such an ignoble fashion.

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Pees has done that three man rush all season and had success, but Mahomes was too good and I hate to be that guy but the Refs were very disinterested in calling holding on the Chiefs.

Great season still, flipped a switch under Tannehill, exorcised some franchise demons and ended up playing for a trophy, it's hard to be disappointed when you reflect on how it all went down. Keep building on it and come back stronger next season, hopefully they can pump up the defense through the draft and FA and figure out if Succup can come back or else get a new kicker.

It was a fun run, it's a shame that it's over, but we lost to a great team and finally have some real hope going forward for the first time in forever.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Just thinking back again I’m still not sure what happened. I really thought when the titans managed to go up 17-7 that things were right where we wanted them. Kc has a terrible run d. We knew they were going to score but gave us a 10 point cushion.

Kudos to those guys for actually stopping Henry. No one else could do it and they actually (supposedly) had good run d.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
damn i thought the titans defensive strategy was bad... SF is literally just running the ball for a whole first half and can't be stopped.

27-0 at halftime. this is embarrassing.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
After watching the breakdown of that game, that game was lost by the coaches.

The defensive game plan was stupid, and they did nothing to adjust it. The offense completely went away from the run, in the 2nd half which is when it's most effective.

Just poorly coached all the way around.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
The offense completely went away from the run, in the 2nd half which is when it's most effective.

Yup, they weren't even down much. I listened to that idiot Romo talking about how they needed to ditch the run at halftime, and though what an asinine idea. You stick with what brought you there. I'm certain that playing their run game would have resulted in a couple of scores.

But ultimately it didn't matter because the defense couldn't get a stop anyway. Ravens fans warned us about Pees' second half collapses and it certainly came true yesterday. I think he's overall been very good for our defense, but that 3-man rush prevent needs to go OR the Titans need to seriously upgrade the secondary for it to have any chance.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
The poor tackling on that Mahomes TD just before the half was the result of the kind of Titans play I’m used to seeing.

That was the back breaker. We keep them off the scoreboard on that drive it's a much different second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->