OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
We've been playing with the kids since June. We've been from Nashville to Jackson to Lexington, Louisville, Cincy, Dayton, stayed in hotels, ate in restaurants, played late night poker with the entire group, multiple times, had huge pool parties with the families and yet not one kid got it.

Wash your hands and stay away if you feel sick.

Kettering Field?

I used to play summer park league softball there.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
In guess we were actually in Hamilton. Hamilton Joes field.

we were supposed to be at Xavier that weekend but NCAA baseball fields were all closed. Only NAIA and minor league parks this year.

Well, Hamilton is halfway between Cincinnati and Dayton. I have not been to that school / field. I have been to Trenton Edgewood. That is about 5 miles away from Hamilton. I did visit Xavier over on Victory Parkway a few times. I liked their old field house (Schmidt?). It was like my HS gym in size.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Nashville SC is back tonight against FC Dallas at 730 as the MLS regular season resumes.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Nashville SC is back tonight against FC Dallas at 730 as the MLS regular season resumes.

Ah yes the true Covid cup between the two teams kicked out of the tournament.

Wait, so what was the thing they just finished doing?

They had a mini World Cup style tournament with the winner getting a berth in the CONACAF Champions League. The group stage games also counted as regular season games which is why us and Dallas who also got kicked out of the tournament are playing two games before the rest of the teams get going again. I don't really understand the rationale of using a bubble system for the tournament and now going back to playing outside of the bubble (in fact some teams are allowing limited fans), but I'm interested to see how it goes. If MLB is any indication I wouldn't expect it to go great, however if they can pull it off successfully might be some hope for the NHL getting their next season going somewhat more normally.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
The Grizzlies managed to crap the bed too....

Ja played in the bubble with a broken thumb and went toe to toe with the hottest player in the bubble and carried the Grizz to the final seconds. Tyus Jones, Justise Winslow and most importantly Jaren Jackson Jr were all out due to injury.

considering this was a team that preseason was projected by EVERYONE to max out at 20 wins, I’d say that they did pretty damn good.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Ja played in the bubble with a broken thumb and went toe to toe with the hottest player in the bubble and carried the Grizz to the final seconds. Tyus Jones, Justise Winslow and most importantly Jaren Jackson Jr were all out due to injury.

considering this was a team that preseason was projected by EVERYONE to max out at 20 wins, I’d say that they did pretty damn good.

Had no idea Ja was injured.... and yeah, still a great season and reason for optimism for the future. Ja better get ROY...

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Red Sox are in full tank mode, goal is expected #1 Kumar Rocker from Vandy.

I just hope the Sox treat him better than OTHER TN based players..... *whimpers* Mooooookie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad