OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I only stayed up for the first half last night since it started at 10:20 here.

A win is a win, but it was glaringly obvious that the teams hadn't played a preseason, hopefully next week looks better.

Henry went over 100, Davis looked good and went over 100, Smith and Pruitt did their job, Simmons was good, the safeties starred again and I think Clowney is going to be a nice pickup.

The biggest concern unfortunately again is the kicker. It shouldn't be this hard to find even a bad kicker who makes half of his kicks. Gostkowski did hit the game winner, but he'll have to quickly prove that last night was a fluke

Last edited:

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Simmons was a beast.
Clowney looked great for just joining the team a week ago.

Poor Gostkowski.

Ugly, ugly game but as you said a win is a win. Just happy the did pull it out or I would have been pissed about staying up till 1230 watching that shit show.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Feel sorry for this poor Minnesota reliever making his MLB debut tonight in the 9th against the Reds. Gave up a homer to his first batter and and the next 4 all reached. He technically has an ERA of infinity....

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Gostowski with the 180. Solid chance he should have been cut after week 1. 6-6 today with 3 50+ yard FG's, the GW one being the longest. Defense sucks ass though.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
No AJ, no Adoree, Lewan goes down early. I'll take the W.

These are the games that the Titans lose in past seasons and then they're scrambling for the playoffs at the end of the year.

Tons of room for improvement but the offense looks good, if the D starts playing up to their potential it's going to be a fun year.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
No AJ, no Adoree, Lewan goes down early. I'll take the W.

These are the games that the Titans lose in past seasons and then they're scrambling for the playoffs at the end of the year.

Tons of room for improvement but the offense looks good, if the D starts playing up to their potential it's going to be a fun year.
Defensive play caller is also out, COVID protocol is all they said so he wasn't with the team either

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Titans shut down until Saturday, no players or staff allowed in facilities, first team with reported COVID cases. Can't see the league letting them play Sunday with no prep, even if the concern passes in the meantime

Steelers tweeted that they're preparing for Sunday's game, but they (along with the NFL) are monitoring a developing situation in which the Titans currently have 3 positive COVID players. Hopefully those are isolated incidents and not key players, but the potential is there for some serious issues.

Edit: numbers unclear, could 3 positive or 8 asymptomatic players, or both. Developing news.

Edit 2: 3 players, 5 staff

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Apparently the Steelers were initially told the game was off, but then were told it's back on and Titans coaching staff has told players that if they have to go without practice all week, that's just the way it has to be and they'll do a walkthrough practice Saturday.

Sounds pretty crazy to me, finding a way to reschedule should be priority, but even taking a forfeit might be better than showing up without practice, that sounds like a recipe for multiple injuries.

Edit: Now the NFL is saying the game could be moved to Monday. Still would only give the Titans two days to prepare, but I guess it's better than one and not much different than playing Sunday and then turning around for a Thursday night game. But of course it still all depends on confirming that these cases are isolated and nobody else tests positive prior to game day.

Last edited:

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Seems like a better solution would be to move both teams by weeks and then play the game when their bye week would be.

Backup plan is to move the game to Monday.

Can't do the bye week thing, Titans bye is week 7 and the Steelers is week 8.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Seems like a better solution would be to move both teams by weeks and then play the game when their bye week would be.
this won't be the only time a team has an outbreak. you cant just shuffle every time and rely on bye weeks.

titans just will have to play with little practice this week.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Game has officially been postponed. NFL aiming to get it played Monday or Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad