The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Probably will though because Watson is still really good and preseason means nothing.
Certainly Luck and Watson are better than Mariota. Bortels is close too. Watson’s game vs the Titans last year was unreal and Mariota has not had a game like that in his career.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Certainly Luck and Watson are better than Mariota. Bortels is close too. Watson’s game vs the Titans last year was unreal and Mariota has not had a game like that in his career.

You must have missed Mariota's first game.

I'm not some Mariota fanboy or anything. I just refuse to throw in the towel until I see him run a modern offense that actually allows him to excel. If the offense continues to suck this year then he needs to go.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
You must have missed Mariota's first game.

I'm not some Mariota fanboy or anything. I just refuse to throw in the towel until I see him run a modern offense that actually allows him to excel. If the offense continues to suck this year then he needs to go.
The rookie deal ends after this year right?

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The rookie deal ends after this year right?
Yes and no there is an option for next year. I think they probably extend him after this season and Mariota becomes the long term QB. The owner and GM love him and won’t mind keeping him. He’s a good person and the face of the franchise. He is also a mediocre to average QB but not terrible. The offense issues are not entirely his fault and injuries have hampered everyone from developing together. Plus he is already on his 3rd coach in 4 years. I don’t trust Heisman QB’s at all and it’s part of my dislike of drafting him.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Why is the UT -WV football game being played in Charlotte?
Most opening weekend games are at neutral sites and usually NFL stadiums. Charlotte, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas all host big intersectional matchups. Titans should start a game for opening weekend. Maybe a Big 10 vs ACC or SEC match.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Probably the biggest neutral site that is between both fanbases

Thanks!

I don't really follow either team, but I could have lived without the 60 minutes of weather delay. I am watching Xfinity & doing laundry to fill time.

Is the SEC vs the Big 12 a big thing now? (I love it that the Big 12 has 10 teams and the Big 10 has 14 teams! Only in America, folks!)

Cincinnati is playing at UCLA at 6 PM. I don't remember them ever playing. The game is at the Rose Bowl, which is UCLA's home field.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Most opening weekend games are at neutral sites and usually NFL stadiums. Charlotte, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dallas all host big intersectional matchups. Titans should start a game for opening weekend. Maybe a Big 10 vs ACC or SEC match.

I know that some games are played that way. I think Wisconsin played LSU at the SuperDome recently.

I know that WV stadium seats 60K, since the Badgers played them home & home a few years ago. I bet that UT has a big stadium, not that 60K is tiny.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Hey, I couldn't remember if I this is where it came from, but did someone on here play in a Yahoo Fantasy football league with me last year (and possibly the year before)? If so, your team is waiting for you...

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
It took 6 guys from UT to bring down the WV runner. Wow!

The Mountaineers will be higher than #17 next week. Tough start for Coach Pruitt.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Obviously not the outcome the Vols wanted, they have a lot of things they can do better. But there were plenty of good things as well and it's not like it was an easy matchup that they expected to win. Going 6-6/7-5 this season and laying a foundation to build off of would be an acceptable season.

Reactions: Adz

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
UWW 38, Dubuque 6. Dubuque tried to take the lead after scoring their lone TD in the 1st, but their receiver dropped the 2-point conversion pass.

It was all downhill for them after that.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
UWW 38, Dubuque 6. Dubuque tried to take the lead after scoring their lone TD in the 1st, but their receiver dropped the 2-point conversion pass.

It was all downhill for them after that.

Meanwhile, the high school Warhawks are 0-3. I remember when there was talk about building another high school to prevent overcrowding but it was voted against because the athletics would suffer. Oops. :laugh:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Thanks!

I don't really follow either team, but I could have lived without the 60 minutes of weather delay. I am watching Xfinity & doing laundry to fill time.

Is the SEC vs the Big 12 a big thing now? (I love it that the Big 12 has 10 teams and the Big 10 has 14 teams! Only in America, folks!)

Cincinnati is playing at UCLA at 6 PM. I don't remember them ever playing. The game is at the Rose Bowl, which is UCLA's home field.
SEC teams are required to play at least one game vs another power 5 school. Basically 1 cupcake 2 mid majors and a power 5. SEC also has a contract with the BIG XII in basketball but as you noted there are only 10 teams so it’s hard to get all of them to play, plus some Big XII teams refuse to play Missouri and Texas A&M and several SEC schools have long standing rivalries with in state ACC schools.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I could understand the neutral site between Virginia and UT--the site chosen was on the line between the two states. But NC? That's just weird.

My HS was supposed to do well this season. They're 1-2. Bah!

It's all distantly behind the Preds anyway, but I do like to have my football teams do well, too.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Probably the biggest neutral site that is between both fanbases
Certainly much more of a neutral site than Washington/Auburn. You can drive from Auburn to Atlanta in an hour and a half. You can FLY from Seattle to Anchorage, Alaska an hour faster than Atlanta.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I found this kinda cool. When final NFL rosters were trimmed down over the weekend, it became official that a guy who went to high school maybe a half mile at the most down the road from where I currently live made the Vikings. In theory that's not a big deal, but the actual town I'm in right now is small (only 4 square miles) and apparently now he's the first player from here to ever make the NFL, and to the best of my knowledge any major American league. He was a 7th round pick in this past draft. So that's pretty cool I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: LCPreds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad