The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Went to a Nashville SC game last night. Felt remarkably "at home" with all their chants and stuff--and of course the color scheme rocks. I knew the basics, so I was better prepared than last time I went (which was maybe 10 years ago--they had some game at the football stadium, I think Paraguay and USA--I was totally lost.)

0-0 ties are the worst. At least there were fireworks.

Reactions: PredsV82

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Went to a Nashville SC game last night. Felt remarkably "at home" with all their chants and stuff--and of course the color scheme rocks. I knew the basics, so I was better prepared than last time I went (which was maybe 10 years ago--they had some game at the football stadium, I think Paraguay and USA--I was totally lost.)

0-0 ties are the worst. At least there were fireworks.

Adz: Nil to nil is disappointing on the pitch.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Adz: Nil to nil is disappointing on the pitch.
Damn straight.
I still had fun. Was with the friend who always keeps me likkered up and he was driving.

One of my coworkers is from England so we watched the game today. (Boss Lady told him he could watch if he'd find me an English stream--all I could get via my cable subscription was Spanish) He was not happy with the results, of course, but he did explain a lot about the game. We agree that the refs and hockey refs must be consulting one another. Another coworker is from France but we won't be at work on Sunday.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Damn straight.
I still had fun. Was with the friend who always keeps me likkered up and he was driving.

One of my coworkers is from England so we watched the game today. (Boss Lady told him he could watch if he'd find me an English stream--all I could get via my cable subscription was Spanish) He was not happy with the results, of course, but he did explain a lot about the game. We agree that the refs and hockey refs must be consulting one another. Another coworker is from France but we won't be at work on Sunday.

The England - Croatia game was on the local Fox station (Channel 6) in Milwaukee. Usually, I would expect it on Fox Sports Network.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
The England - Croatia game was on the local Fox station (Channel 6) in Milwaukee. Usually, I would expect it on Fox Sports Network.

It's the semifinals of the World Cup. They're not going to broadcast it on a channel that a large portion of the country doesn't receive.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I was at work so I was having to watch online. I pulled up my cable subscription expecting to catch it there, whatever station it was on. On the home page it "said" it was available in English or Spanish but there was only one feed there and it was the Spanish one. Englishman found me a great feed in English--not sure where it was from, don't think it was a US feed from the accents.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Went to 2 Braves games this week that new ballpark is gorgeous. It’s much closer to Nashville and it was a more “Nashville like” area.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Pedal Taverns, Bon Jovi songs and half dressed drunk people?
No pedal taverns or drunks but bars, music, restaurants, and shops. Turner field had nothing around it but parking lots. The games at SunTrust Park actually feel like events and not just a get in and watch the game and leave.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Agreed. I think if anything they would close 5th, 6th and Demonbreun surrounding the current arena footprint and build up and out to expand. That site is mutually beneficial to the city and the arena.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
They better not ever move the preds to suburbia.
Downtown Atlanta and Downtown Nashville are two extremely different things.

Plus the NHL should take notice of the 3 teams with buildings in the Suburbs Ottawa, Arizona, and Florida are all failures financially.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Downtown Atlanta and Downtown Nashville are two extremely different things.

Plus the NHL should take notice of the 3 teams with buildings in the Suburbs Ottawa, Arizona, and Florida are all failures financially.
It's hard to call anything in the NYC area too remote, but it'll be interesting to see how the Islanders do moving back to Long Island. That's probably an exception. The other 3 are certainly true. Anaheim is kind of a suburban arena in nature.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Reactions: Dave is a killer

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yeah, it's likely not about the struggling teams as much as getting in an influx of cash to prop them up. Also about mentioning certain cities to get them to start wooing the league with visits and sparkly things, no doubt!

I think MLB in Nashville now is premature, but 15 - 20 years down the road, sure. Need to get MLS going and get their corporate backing and fan base nice and stable first. Sounds are fine for the time being, though. Nice to have a cheaper sports alternative and it's a nice facility.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I wish we would get MLB. This area produces a ton of MLB talent.
I just think we're not big enough. Yeah Nashville is quickly growing but we aren't THAT big. MLS for example is much easier for a mid-sized market to maintain. As far as a city that produces talent with no MLB team, the same could be said for Las Vegas. Kris Bryant, Bryce Harper, Joey Gallo, etc.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The Marlins dont draw much more than the sounds.

Nashville could handle MLB
eh maybe in the coming years. 81 home games is a lot. we could probably draw better than a few teams but that isn't saying much. i think vegas gets a team if they do expansion with Nashville as the next in line if the area continues to grow. and it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad