Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
also Adoree Jackson
It’s amazing 5 of the last 6 1st rounders are all injured Lewan, Conklin, Evans, Mariota, and Jackson. The only one healthy is Corey Davis who has never been healthy his entire career. :help:
Commentators said Jackson was back in--after the second delay IIRC--but was not returning the kicks. He may have gone out again later but he was in for at least a play after the injury.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's going to be a rough season. Crazy bad luck this game. Nissan Stadium is going to be away fan central again.
Well, by comparison, this is my team in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium. And my team is not the one in red. I'd complain to other people but there's no fanbase anywhere to interact with.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Well, by comparison, this is my team in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium. And my team is not the one in red. I'd complain to other people but there's no fanbase anywhere to interact with.

It still makes no sense them moving to LA. Leaving San Diego was a mistake but it they wanted to move why not Vegas and let the Raiders back in LA. It’s the equivalent of the A’s moving back to Philadelphia no one there is a fan anymore why go back?

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It still makes no sense them moving to LA. Leaving San Diego was a mistake but it they wanted to move why not Vegas and let the Raiders back in LA. It’s the equivalent of the A’s moving back to Philadelphia no one there is a fan anymore why go back?
Because people brainwashed the owner into thinking LA has Chargers fans and his team basically doubles in value simply because it starts with "Los Angeles"

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Because people brainwashed the owner into thinking LA has Chargers fans and his team basically doubles in value simply because it starts with "Los Angeles"
Isn’t he losing money by playing in a soccer stadium that holds less than 25,000? It looks as if they only sell out to visiting fans, what is attendance when a team like Jacksonville visits? It’s easy when historical teams play there but some team from the other coast with very little history, not an easy sell.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Anyone heading to the USMNT - Mexico "friendly" tonight?

I'll be there in AO section.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Isn’t he losing money by playing in a soccer stadium that holds less than 25,000? It looks as if they only sell out to visiting fans, what is attendance when a team like Jacksonville visits? It’s easy when historical teams play there but some team from the other coast with very little history, not an easy sell.
The team will move into (and pay rent at) the big stadium the Rams owner is building and they'll split it like the Giants and Jets do. Things will get more embarrassing once that happens I'm sure. Every visiting team so far has been a typically strong traveling fan base but my guess is if someone like the Jags or Panthers or someone plays there it'll look kinda like a preseason game. Probably majority Chargers fans, just only about 10-12 thousand of them. They did "sell out" their season tickets but a whole bunch of them clearly go straight to sites like StubHub. Which is ironic considering it's the StubHub Center.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
One thing I wonder why draft picks are devalued in an NFL trade vs every other league? When you hear an NFL deal for future picks, are devalued i.e. a 2nd is traded but the NFL media talks about it as a 3rd round value. Whereas you take the Tatar trade to Vegas it's a 1st, 2nd, 3rd but in NFL values it's a 1st, 3rd, 6th.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
One thing I wonder why draft picks are devalued in an NFL trade vs every other league? When you hear an NFL deal for future picks, are devalued i.e. a 2nd is traded but the NFL media talks about it as a 3rd round value. Whereas you take the Tatar trade to Vegas it's a 1st, 2nd, 3rd but in NFL values it's a 1st, 3rd, 6th.
It’s a different draft in the NFL since pretty much all draft choices make the team, whereas the NHL draft is about projecting where someone will be in 5 years. Some top 10 NHL picks never make the show. Almost every player in the top 100 makes the NFL.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The last 20 minutes was the lively part. A red card, jersey pulling, kicking somebody in the leg. Somebody getting their height measured.

A real friendly match!
that spat where US guy was making of the 18 year old's height was funny as hell!

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
that spat where US guy was making of the 18 year old's height was funny as hell!

Matt Miazga became my favorite player last night.
miazga-lainez-usa-mexico.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad