The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

Yeah, no that's not gonna fly ... 4th in MGL last season.

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 2.07.39 PM.png

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Frankly it's irrelevant. You can't base your projection of how a team will be based on how many injuries they've had in the last several years. Having fewer injuries last year has no correlation with potential injury this year. Although I would guess that a team with more injuries has a higher likelihood of greater injuries. For example, I would guess that Andrew Luck is now a higher injury risk than he was a couple of years ago.

(This is all opinion based somewhat on logic and some potential bs. I have not done any research...)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
the titans are lucky to play in the AFC south. that has helped (hurt? draft order) them win an extra game or 2 a year.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Colts are likely not in the playoffs, they have one of the worst rosters in football.
They are 9 and 0 vs the Titans with Andrew Luck. With Luck the Colts are always a playoff contender.

Deshaun Watson also lit the Titans up last year. The Titans are tied with Jacksonville for the worst QB in the division.
It's been 962 days since the Browns beat a team not called the Chargers. Go Bolts!
Cleveland then drafted Baker Mayfield over Darnold and Allen which was a stupid thing to do. Outside of Cam Newton, Heisman Quarterbacks are always busts.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
They are 9 and 0 vs the Titans with Andrew Luck. With Luck the Colts are always a playoff contender.

Deshaun Watson also lit the Titans up last year. The Titans are tied with Jacksonville for the worst QB in the division.
Cleveland then drafted Baker Mayfield over Darnold and Allen which was a stupid thing to do. Outside of Cam Newton, Heisman Quarterbacks are always busts.

I thought I might dispute this but damn... you have to go all the way back to Jim Plunkett and Roger Staubach to find Heisman winning QBs who also had great NFL careers

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Darnold is meh and Allen is terrible. Think Rosen and Jackson are going to be the ones teams regret not taking.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I thought I might dispute this but damn... you have to go all the way back to Jim Plunkett and Roger Staubach to find Heisman winning QBs who also had great NFL careers
You mean the great names of Troy Smith, Jason White, and Andre Ware are not impressive. Charlie Ward had the best Pro career of any of them in the NBA. Hopefully I am 100% wrong about Mariota and he bucks the Heisman QB curse. Running Back for the Heisman is a different story with Eddie George, Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders.

Carson Palmer was pretty good
I would call his career good but not great, and Cam Newton has been great at times and for all the crap I say about Mariota, his career stats are actually better for the 1st few years than Newton’s. I just don’t have any faith in Heisman winning QB’s. The Mets need to call up Tebow so he can become the 3rd Heisman winner to play in the Majors.

Last edited:

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I would call his career good but not great, and Cam Newton has been great at times and for all the crap I say about Mariota, his career stats are actually better for the 1st few years than Newton’s. I just don’t have any faith in Heisman winning QB’s. The Mets need to call up Tebow so he can become the 3rd Heisman winner to play in the Majors.

Carson Palmer is 12th all time in both yards and TDs

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Wow you are right!! He’s been practically invisible his entire career. It’s the longevity I guess. I certainly would not rank him in the top 25 QB’s of all time.
I don't know, Palmer is very highly thought of. I wouldn't say he's been invisible.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Frankly it's irrelevant. You can't base your projection of how a team will be based on how many injuries they've had in the last several years. Having fewer injuries last year has no correlation with potential injury this year. Although I would guess that a team with more injuries has a higher likelihood of greater injuries. For example, I would guess that Andrew Luck is now a higher injury risk than he was a couple of years ago.

(This is all opinion based somewhat on logic and some potential bs. I have not done any research...)

Welp, Cyprien is out for the year, there is one of the starters ... law of averages starting to kick in?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Who does NY replace Grey with?

My dog pees all over the place, he nips too hard, and he wants constant attention, but when he sees a Yankees' jersey on TV he barks at the TV. Good boy.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Welp, Cyprien is out for the year, there is one of the starters ... law of averages starting to kick in?

Good news is there's a bunch of quality FA at that position.

Kenny Vaccaro and Eric Reid are both coming in for visits today. Would be very happy with either one of them.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm going to the Mariners-Blue Jays game tonight (it'll be at least 80 percent Jays fans.) and I'm wearing my yellow Preds pullover 100 percent to get reaction from Canadians. Last number I heard was 39 buses of fans were coming down from Vancouver for the series.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm going to the Mariners-Blue Jays game tonight (it'll be at least 80 percent Jays fans.) and I'm wearing my yellow Preds pullover 100 percent to get reaction from Canadians. Last number I heard was 39 buses of fans were coming down from Vancouver for the series.

Sounds like Canada could use another MLB team. Would Vancouver like a team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad