PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
ChoKe

Cant hit free throws

Blown big lead.

Had the ball with a chance to win in regulation...

Chokers...

Wonder if Pearl would come to UK for Calipari money..

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If Pearl went to UK I would immediately become a UK fan.

Oh and to be fair I’m pretty sure the ‘big lead’ was only 7. That’s nothing in this tournament. (I did miss a portion of the early game so could be off on the 7)

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
If Pearl went to UK I would immediately become a UK fan.

Oh and to be fair I’m pretty sure the ‘big lead’ was only 7. That’s nothing in this tournament. (I did miss a portion of the early game so could be off on the 7)

They were up by 10 with 2 minutes to go in the first half and had Auburn in serious foul trouble.

No excuse to lose that game but they manage to somehow do so every damn year.

Reactions: LCPreds

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Admirals won at Grand Rapids 3-1. There have been at least 20 penalties called in the game.

Blackwell with the first goal, Tolvanen with the assist. Salomaki with the second Ads goal. Cole Schneider with a ENG and PPG, his 7th point in the last 3 games!

Grosenick did play in goal today. He was the #1 star with 29 saves. Salomaki was star #2. The Admirals should be tied for 4th place, with 6-0-0-1 in recent games.

Rybar was in goal for GR. He went 206 minutes without giving up a goal to Milwaukee until Blackwell scored about 5 minutes into period 2. Milwaukee is 3-4-0-2 against Grand Rapids this year.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Auburn is the 1st team from the State of Alabama to make a Final Four.
Into the Final Four, Auburn basketball takes its place in state history

This is the Equivalent of a Team from the Commonwealth of Kentucky making The College Football Playoff.

Ill be pulling for them the rest of the way, although im pretty happy that there is a 3/4 chance of new blood winning, and if Izzo wins he deserves it for taking out DOOK.

A lot of commentary about how the one and done recruiting is being repudiated. I am going to be very interested to see what kind of teams Calapari puts together once that rule is gone

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
San Antonio Commanders lose big 23-6. The Hotshots offense I usually the story, but tonight it was their defense that wasn't dominant so much as just consistent and kept SA just out of range all game.

This puts both teams at 5-3, while the other two west teams are 3-5. The final two weeks are going to be crazy in that conference.

After this weekend's games, my updated power rankings are...

1. Orlando Apollos (7-1) - Even though they were gifted the win.
2. Arizona Hotshots (5-3) - Heating up with a big road win in SA.
3. San Antonio Commanders (5-3) - Should bounce back from this loss.
4. Birmingham Iron (5-3) - the worst "good" team, similar to the Preds this year.
5. Salt Lake Stallions (3-5) - actually didn't blow it this week.
6. San Diego Fleet (3-5) - sinking fast, but not out of it yet.
7. Memphis Express (2-6) - robbed of the W, most improved team all season.
8. Atlanta Legends (2-6) - at least the kicker is good.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Biggest mistake UT ever made (okay, that's hyperbole when you're talking about Tennessee...ONE of MANY big mistakes made by Tennessee) was letting Bruce Pearl go. You suspend him for 2 months or whatever but he was a great coach. Good luck to Auburn, I guess. Interesting looking Final 4 for sure!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Biggest mistake UT ever made (okay, that's hyperbole when you're talking about Tennessee...ONE of MANY big mistakes made by Tennessee) was letting Bruce Pearl go. You suspend him for 2 months or whatever but he was a great coach. Good luck to Auburn, I guess. Interesting looking Final 4 for sure!

I forget all of the specifics but seem to remember they didn't have much choice. They were going to be hounded by the NCAA for as long as he stayed there.

It's still nuts that the thing he lied about is even a problem to begin with. The NCAA is so backwards in so many ways.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I forget all of the specifics but seem to remember they didn't have much choice. They were going to be hounded by the NCAA for as long as he stayed there.

It's still nuts that the thing he lied about is even a problem to begin with. The NCAA is so backwards in so many ways.
Agree totally. He had a barbecue at his home and invited a kid & his family on an "unofficial" visit. THEN he told people not to tell, so he knew he was in violation at the time. That's the part that got him, I think. I mean, rules are rules, but sometimes rules are silly. He wasn't paying him under the table (as far as we know). To me that's slap on the wrist, not a fire-able offense, but I was the cool mom so maybe I'm just not strict enough.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017

I doubt the NCAA would have let them keep him. He got a 3 year show cause, so UT would have had to go before the NCAA and essentially tell them you made a bad decision let him stay as our coach.

The BBQ incident was a violation of course, but the reason he got the show cause was because he lied to the NCAA about it. If he told them the truth, UT gets a slap on the wrist and he's probably still coaching there today.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Agree totally. He had a barbecue at his home and invited a kid & his family on an "unofficial" visit. THEN he told people not to tell, so he knew he was in violation at the time. That's the part that got him, I think. I mean, rules are rules, but sometimes rules are silly. He wasn't paying him under the table (as far as we know). To me that's slap on the wrist, not a fire-able offense, but I was the cool mom so maybe I'm just not strict enough.

Yeah I think the problem was that he was a Sophomore. It was ok if he had been a Junior or Senior.

*This is likely incorrect. He was on campus during an unofficial visit while a junior. A lot of what I'm throwing out is based on a memory from almost a decade ago. Either way, Pearl shouldn't have lied!*

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Alliance was a great league, just didn't have the cash to operate. Dundon apparently was never really interested in the product, but the technology they pioneered. He got the app, cut his losses and folded the league...

I'll probably jump on the XFL too, but I don't feel like it will be as good as AAF, and being in NFL markets isn't a good idea either, but they do have an ESPN contract and higher salaries. IDK what to think right now really, it's a pretty big blow, obviously I was all in on this league. It just hurts right now, the fanbase was small, but we were invested. I can't believe Dundon won't even let them finish out the season, that's pretty low.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Really feel like the NFL and NFLPA really missed on a prime opportunity to finally set up a development league and get the NCAA out of its hair. Gotta be something going on behind the scenes there because honestly it makes little sense.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Really feel like the NFL and NFLPA really missed on a prime opportunity to finally set up a development league and get the NCAA out of its hair. Gotta be something going on behind the scenes there because honestly it makes little sense.

The NCAA is the NFL's developmental league and it costs the NFL zero. What is the big incentive for the NFL to partner with any league?

Reactions: PredsV82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad