The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Well crap. Lipscomb was leading at one point then Texas went on a 16-0 run. Matthews only 3 points, all from the free throw line. Heres hoping for a big second half for him...

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I certainly appreciate the Reds not bothering to give me even a flicker of hope. I wont even worry about learning the players names this year

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I had some hope when the Reds won their first game this season. Then they lost the next EIGHT.

Opening day is kinda like magic. It doesnt matter how crappy they are they almost always come up with a good game on opening day. But from there.... sheesh

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Another edition of Paris - Roubaix is complete. Over 160 miles on a bicycle ... across sections of rough cobblestone roads in northern France ... won by a 36 year old at over 26mph average.

I've rarely felt this out of shape.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
USA women win gold.

quite a dramatic ending i would say.

USA dominates the entire game, goes to OT. can't convert on multiple chances to win, of course finland goes down and scores in OT to win... so they thought. goalie interference is ruled. no goal.

USA wins in shootout and the game is taking place in finland. if that game was against canada in canada with that happening, there would be riots. we all saw vancouver.

i believe the right call was made.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
USA women win gold.

quite a dramatic ending i would say.

USA dominates the entire game, goes to OT. can't convert on multiple chances to win, of course finland goes down and scores in OT to win... so they thought. goalie interference is ruled. no goal.

USA wins in shootout and the game is taking place in finland. if that game was against canada in canada with that happening, there would be riots. we all saw vancouver.

i believe the right call was made.

I don’t get the call.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
i believe the right call was made in terms of no goal, goalie interference.

i do not however understand how from that play the USA goalie rigsby can get a 2 minute minor for tripping.

I don’t think it was goalie interference because she fell in front of the skater well outside the paint.
It shouldn’t take that long to make a decision.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Simmons off the field ‘issue’ is worth actually looking into if you want to know the whole story. I think it’s a non story myself (due to how long ago it was and circumstances).

To me the biggest flaw in the pick is that he won’t play this year. That being said he would likely have gone too 5 had he not hurt the acl. Imo titans aren’t doing anything next season anyway so not really an awful pick for the long haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad