Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Amazing how few upsets there were.

One 12 seed, one 5 seed(which is hardly an upset) and all the rest is "chalk"

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If you were watching that boring game with the orange ball yesterday, you missed Memphis defeat Birmingham in OT in one of, off not the most entertaining football games I've seen at any level.

This was Johnny Manziel's Alliance debut, he only played about one full quarter, but he was such a spark. The team was trailing by a score before he came in (16-8) and as soon as he got onto the field the whole team basically flipped a switch, all three phases were aggressive and effective.

There was a blocked punt run back for a TD, missed FG's, made FG's, interceptions, a last minute gun slinging drive, and then the first OT in league history. Plus the crowd was loud and came across well on TV.

All of this despite Manziel only have three days of practice with the team. There are three weeks remaining, and he should become more effective each week. Unfortunately, the Express would need to win out and the Iron need to lose out for the Express to make the playoffs this season.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Just watched the end of Duke game again and wow they got lucky. Let’s just say if roles were reversed that a foul would have been called on UCF had they been the ones missing that free throw and getting the rebound put back.

That UCF dude got pushed hard enough from behind to go from one side of the circle to the other. And even with that they still had a chance. Like a millimeter difference in that last second put back spinning around and in versus around and out.

Of course if Tacko has simply run away from Zion and let him score then they would have still been up by 1 with the ball and 11 seconds.

Madness!

Reactions: adsfan

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Holy crap Joy and Freds grandson has 36 of Lipscombs 70 points... and there are still 9 minutes left to play...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Adz, I daresay you should reconsider your opinion of Lipscombs fortunes. If the make the NCAA tonights amazing game never happens.

44 for Matthews. Wow.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Adz, I daresay you should reconsider your opinion of Lipscombs fortunes. If the make the NCAA tonights amazing game never happens.

44 for Matthews. Wow.

I know Joy is over the moon! She's posted around 1o things on Facebook. Ha!

I still don't think NIT is on the same level but of course I'm happy to have a local team in the final 4 there, too. Garrison likely wouldn't have scored 44 points because he'd be playing higher level talent, but he still might have put up 25 or 30. Wonder if he is pro caliber?

Go Vols.

And since we're talking about hoops, I think the move to remove Holly Warlick as head coach of the Lady Vols was warranted. You can't have a women's program fall so far without making a change. I heard on the radio that they were only getting 50 or so fans to watch the games! If that's true then that's unacceptable! However, Holly has been involved with Tennessee women's basketball for her entire adult life and Pat Summit was a tough act to follow. I hope they can find a place in the organization for her unless she wants to move on.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Great game. Great season. Someone had to lose that game and the Purdue Cline dude wasn’t going to miss no matter what.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I was following the game via phone. The app said Tennessee won 82-80. Final. Kick in the gut to see we were in OT instead.

That's at least twice the Boilermakers have beaten us in big games. I don't much like them.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I do think the foul on the 3 point shot at end of regulation was ridiculous. Shooter kicked his leg out which made the contact even more dramatic. Not to mention if it had been a team like Duke I doubt it would have been called.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I do think the foul on the 3 point shot at end of regulation was ridiculous. Shooter kicked his leg out which made the contact even more dramatic. Not to mention if it had been a team like Duke I doubt it would have been called.

That cost them the game. I was screaming "don't foul" with 5 seconds left, but I guess they didn't hear me. Then my cable went out. When it came back, the game was tied. I would have enjoyed seeing the star for Purdue, an 85% FT shooter, miss the first one. I can only root for Purdue to knock off Virginia to help my pool. I picked TN in the final 4 on all of my sheets. I thought that I had VA one one, but I was wrong.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Kentucky is going to lose. Preds won,Blues choked, and most importantly North Carolina got SMOKED.

No chance I have enough sports luck to get a UK win tonight

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Kentucky is going to lose. Preds won,Blues choked, and most importantly North Carolina got SMOKED.

No chance I have enough sports luck to get a UK win tonight
Kentucky will win by 7 buddy! i loved seeing UNC get absolutely throttled. their fans are about the equivalent of penguins fans.

Reactions: PredsV82

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
KY up by 4 at the moment, about 1/4 of the way through the game.

I have KY beating Houston, then losing to NC. I need the 3 points!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Finally caught up on Alliance from last week. So here's a quick power ranking:

1. Orlando Apollos (6-1) - Wrecked Atlanta 36-6
2. San Antonio Commanders (5-2) - Edged out the Stallions 19-15
3. Arizona Hotshots (4-3) - Sunk the Fleet 32-15
4. Birmingham Iron (4-3) - Fell to Memphis 31-25 in OT
5. San Diego Fleet (3-4) - Their worst game of the season
6. Salt Lake Stallions (2-5) - Sloppy play leads to loss
7. Memphis Express (2-5) - Manziel and Silvers sparked victory over Iron 31-25
8. Atlanta Legends (2-5) - After some better play, have fallen back down

This weekend's games (Week 8)

3/30 - Orlando Apollos @ Memphis Express: 1:00C on TNT
3/30 - San Diego Fleet @ Salt Lake Stallions: 7:00C on NFLN

3/31 - Atlanta Legends @ Birmingham Iron: 3:00C on CBS-SN
3/31 - Arizona Hotshots @ San Antonio Commanders: 7:00C on NFLN

All of these games should be entertaining, minus maybe Atlanta @ B'Ham. Tomorrow night i'd encourage everyone to check out that game in San Antonio, it should be an incredible atmosphere for minor league football.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I apologize if anyone actually watched that Memphis and Orlando game. You know from Preds GDT that i rarely blame the refs, but in this football game the refs messed up early and often and then let the game get out of hand late.

Orlando won by a field goal, 34-31. However, when it was 3-3, Memphis had an interception, but got a really soft PI call on it, then Orlando goes down for the FG. Following that, Memphis has two touchdowns taken away due to more ticky-tack penalties. After the second one, when the defense should have been on, Manziel throws a pick and gets a concussion making the tackle.

Late in the game, trailing, the Apollos had a massive delay of game missed. The clock sat on zero for a full three seconds. They pick up a big gain, Mike Singletary gets a 15 yard unsportsmanlike for coming into the field to complain, then an assistant gets another while the first penalty is being announced. Orlando scores, wins the game.

Could easily have been a two score win for Memphis. Instead they're a loss or Iron win away from elimination.

I didn't get the official count, but there were ~30 penalties called today, each team was around 150 yards penalized. Pretty much unwatchable. Not a great day for AAF, especially being that this game was on TNT.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Watching Calipari cry to the refs every single possession is kind of a game within the game. I wonder how many extra fouls are generated because they're tired of hearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad