The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Well you were almost right. As much as i despise Belmont in the regular season i was rooting for them to bolster the OVC reputation.

A whole lot of near upsets so far... hoping my Racers get the upset mojo today...
There was never a split second in my mind that Murray would lose

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
There was never a split second in my mind that Murray would lose

Having watched them since my freshman year at MSU in 1982 i have seen them lose plenty of games they should have won including against eventual national champion Kansas in 1988 and against 1 seed Michigan St when Seth Jones daddy was their star player

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Having watched them since my freshman year at MSU in 1982 i have seen them lose plenty of games they should have won including against eventual national champion Kansas in 1988 and against 1 seed Michigan St when Seth Jones daddy was their star player
I think I said that wrong. I never considered Marquette beating Murray

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Not the same. I hoped they could make it into the NCAA. Felt like they were deserving of that.

I know its not the same as the NCAA but they are now 1 win away from the NIT final 4 in NYC and that would be a pretty sweet consolation prize

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Being showcased in NYC is better than losing by 15 in the first round IMO
I disagree no one cares about the NIT. It’s the Poulan Weedeater Bowl of college basketball. It’s in NYC and on ESPN and that’s it. People at least know who you are when they fill out their brackets.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I disagree no one cares about the NIT. It’s the Poulan Weedeater Bowl of college basketball. It’s in NYC and on ESPN and that’s it. People at least know who you are when they fill out their brackets.

Im not saying they are better off in the NIT. If they had made the NCAA that would mean they won their conference and thats something in and of itself, even with a 1st round loss(which, since Liberty won, might have been a win, but whatever)

Im just saying that if you can make the NIT final 4 and especially if you can win it, thats a nice consolation prize, not to mention several more games than you would have played so extend the career a couple of weeks

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Im not saying they are better off in the NIT. If they had made the NCAA that would mean they won their conference and thats something in and of itself, even with a 1st round loss(which, since Liberty won, might have been a win, but whatever)

Im just saying that if you can make the NIT final 4 and especially if you can win it, thats a nice consolation prize, not to mention several more games than you would have played so extend the career a couple of weeks

I usually look at the NIT champs from last season as a possible NCAA team. It was Penn St over Utah, so that didn't work out.

The Big10 was only able to get EIGHT teams in and Penn St was not one of them. Wisconsin was the only Big10 team to lose. Oh, the shame! I saw that three of the #5 seeds lost to #12 seeds, with only Auburn advancing. It does make me wonder about how good a job the committee does.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
One of the refs did a masterful job helping that go to to. 5 point swing on that phantom 3 point shot foul.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Generally speaking a choke job is when you lose the game.

I guess as a somewhat Vols fan I assume any time they blow a 25 point lead and go into overtime to be a choke job. Glad they won. I guess the better way to put it is 'near choke job' since they did survive.

Speaking of which, this team doesn't seem to enjoy winning big. They do seem to enjoy building nice leads but almost seems like they feel bad and want the other team to get back into it. Other than that one Kentucky game in Knoxville...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad