OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
This is like surreal. I just heard of "Peavy Mart" for the first time this AM due to an add here about an hour ago. I didn't know such a place existed because they have zero stores in Edmonton. Never heard of them, never seen a store. Apparently they have one in Sherwood Park and Leduc and Spruce Grove. They don't list addresses even on their site. What a stupid company, how am I supposed to shop at your store when I didn't know it existed and you don't list store locations. is this place stupider than Target?

As per the question any thinsulate glove will do provided it is the mitten type with no fingers. I never use the finger gloves for long periods outside. That's what freezes your fingers, the type of glove. I go snow shoeing in standard thinsulate water resistant mitts for hours and my hands and fingers don't even get cold. Also make sure they are long, They should cover hands, wrists, half way to your elbows.

It's a store that caters to the rural areas and farmers. So it makes sense that they don't have one in Edmonton. However, I strongly dislike Peavy Mart too and try to avoid going in there. It's like a retailer that's stuck in the 90s. Service is crap. You can't get info for anything on their website. For the most part, anything that's not winter clothing can be found at any other store for a much lower prices. Unless you need a salt block for your horses or a hydraulic hose for your tractor its best to go just about anywhere else.

EDIT: I just went on their website for the first time in a long time and it seems like they have upgraded everything. About damn time.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Come on man. 10 seconds. Show you address and a map. Maybe the store isn't the stupid one

Store Locator

You can't be serious with this. they have the store locater on bottom page, scroll way down, and they have it in a grey section with white written font that for an older person is hardly legible. I happen to know web designers that would laugh at this site layout.

Even when you search for a store it gives you the Name of the store and phone number, no address. you have to triple click on the site even to find address. 3 commands just to get to an address. The webmaster must be a turnip farmer.

btw your post is inappropriate. But you know that. Getting more than a little tired of shots like that.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You can't be serious with this. they have the store locater on bottom page, scroll way down, and they have it in a grey section with white written font that for an older person is hardly legible. I happen to know web designers that would laugh at this site layout.

Even when you search for a store it gives you the Name of the store and phone number, no address. you have to triple click on the site even to find address. 3 commands just to get to an address. The webmaster must be a turnip farmer.

btw your post is inappropriate. But you know that. Getting more than a little tired of shots like that.
You take shots at everything you don't understand. It's like world needs to cater to replacement

I had zero issues finding locations

Reactions: doulos

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's a store that caters to the rural areas and farmers. So it makes sense that they don't have one in Edmonton. However, I strongly dislike Peavy Mart too and try to avoid going in there. It's like a retailer that's stuck in the 90s. Service is crap. You can't get info for anything on their website. For the most part, anything that's not winter clothing can be found at any other store for a much lower prices. Unless you need a salt block for your horses or a hydraulic hose for your tractor its best to go just about anywhere else.

EDIT: I just went on their website for the first time in a long time and it seems like they have upgraded everything. About damn time.
They have pretty decent deals. I don't go there a lot, but I know farmers that go to other ones. Keep in mind that places like St.Paul and Vegreville don't have a lot of options, so Peavy Mart becomes the main store.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You take shots at everything you don't understand. It's like world needs to cater to replacement

I had zero issues finding locations

Theres a difference between taking a shot at an external thing, which Peavey Mart obviously deserves for reasons pointed out by multiple posters, and taking shots directly at posters here which is not allowed. If you can't follow this I will respond accordingly so that I do not have to read your posts.

Last edited:

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Anyone got any tips on the warmest winter gloves?

I don't feel like glove makers understand this region of Edmonton. I want to be able to shovel my walks and driveway this year without having to run in half way and put my gloves by the heater because my fingers are frozen. I'm talking like warm hands to minus 40 and beyond. Burton trash unless it's -15 max.

Also for socks and/or boots. I have ****ty circulation in winter.

The key to warm hands and toes is keeping your core temp up, keep adding layers until you're warm.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Anyone check out the new museum yet? From what I've seen online some of the exhibits aren't exactly awe inspiring.

Do2DaqNUwAAk4O2.jpg

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Yes, the museum is quite nice if you like museums. I would suggest checking it out if you enjoy that type of activity.

Yeah, I was visiting Edmonton this weekend and stopped in to see what it was like, and I enjoyed it. Very open, felt very spacious and covered some important topics well. I really liked the Circle-Vision 360° tech they used as part of the First Nations exhibit.

BUT, I was only there for an hour/hour and a half due to severe time constraints so this is the opinion of someone who went through really fast compared to normal.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton

My dad always says that if you can't get it at peavy mart then you probably didn't need it in the first place. Though I do like that it is one of the few stores that still allows you to bring your pets into it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I would always be a bit nervous in lower mainland when stuff like this is going on..

3 earthquakes measuring between 6.5- and 6.8-magnitude hit off Vancouver Island

None of these being anything close to what is expected but Seismic activity has been high and that contributes to higher risk forecasts down the road. Ring of fire is pretty active in recent years. Cascadia subduction zone results and projections less clear.

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
remember back in the day that oiler who fell and smacked his head into the (accidentally ajar) penalty box? maybe it was igor ulanov but i can't seem to find any video of it.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Strange incident in Cranbrook. It sounded like the RCMP were around the scorer's area just before the start of the second period of the Brandon-Kootenay game. Either one or a few cops were there for several minutes before they took away the, I think, official scorer or one of the goal judges. Have to find out exactly what happened.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Strange incident in Cranbrook. It sounded like the RCMP were around the scorer's area just before the start of the second period of the Brandon-Kootenay game. Either one or a few cops were there for several minutes before they took away the, I think, official scorer or one of the goal judges. Have to find out exactly what happened.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
This is like surreal. I just heard of "Peavy Mart" for the first time this AM due to an ad here about an hour ago. I didn't know such a place existed because they have zero stores in Edmonton. Never heard of them, never seen a store. Apparently they have one in Sherwood Park and Leduc and Spruce Grove. They don't list addresses even on their site. What a stupid company, how am I supposed to shop at your store when I didn't know it existed and you don't list store locations. is this place stupider than Target?

I know this is really a late response, but *** insert joke about the Farmer's Gap ***

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I love these rolling strikes. All it does is make people realize it's not really that bad if the post office works less days.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I love these rolling strikes. All it does is make people realize it's not really that bad if the post office works less days.
These guys became obsolete around the time of their last strike. They aren’t shutting down the country anymore like they could in the eighties. The Government needs to go hard on these guys.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
These guys became obsolete around the time of their last strike. They aren’t shutting down the country anymore like they could in the eighties. The Government needs to go hard on these guys.
They are pretending to be an essential service. Yet the government itself decides not to mail certain things anymore.

Privatize it and let people pay for it if they want to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad