The Official "STL Blues Draft Position" Thread Pt1: (19-8-2)

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
If by some crazy miracle the Blues pick won the lottery then Pegula should commission a Ryan Miller statue to place outside the FNC.
A statue forged from the metal in those demonic little buttons on the tops of baseball caps. Baseball caps collected from the ice after every McEichel hat trick.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I'd love for Staal to get traded to the Blues...the return would be nice for Carolina, which would hopefully get them out of the gutter and give us the bottom of the standings to ourselves w/out any competition!

They'd surely get Shattenkirk, Berg, and probably Jake Allen to replace their dismal goaltending, for Eric Staal and possibly another piece.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'd love for Staal to get traded to the Blues...the return would be nice for Carolina, which would hopefully get them out of the gutter and give us the bottom of the standings to ourselves w/out any competition!

They'd surely get Shattenkirk, Berg, and probably Jake Allen to replace their dismal goaltending, for Eric Staal and possibly another piece.

There s no way they trade Allen or shattenkirk.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Stastny hurt right now doesn't help them, but the big question mark for them was how their goaltending was going to be.

Nashville is playing unreal right now, and I would not be surprised at all if they took the division. Rinne back, Weber, Josi, Jones, etc on D, Neal for offense, they're looking like a real good team. Chicago is chicago, baring some crazy injuries, they should be a playoff team. And Dallas and Minnesota are real strong as well. St. Louis is going to have a real tough time this year, and a poor start now is not going to help

Nashville is not playing unreal...they are playing to their full potential.

They were a regular 100 pt team. The last two seasons....they had a rash of injuries at the deadline which caused them to plummet. Last year they lost Rhinne for much of the season.

It will be close but I think Chicago wins the division the Minnesota gets a spot, then it's a close battle with Dallas, Nashville ahead of still Louis and Colorado.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
As a Blues fan, it's fun to read this thread. I hope you keep it going all year.

The Blues will finally get their D healthy (Gunnarson's first game tomorrow, after his hip surgery). I'm sure it will take a few games to see what his impact is.

Losing Stastny hurt, but it sounds like he's going to be practicing by the end of the week. The mystery illness is still running through the team. Yesterday it hit Tarasenko and Reaves who are both questionable for tomorrow.

I wish the Sabres well in their rebuild. I also think the analysis of the Central Division on this thread kind of ignores how much the Blues upgraded at center with the additions of Stastny and Lehtera. The team hasn't found their playing style from last season consistently yet, but it's pretty early and there are a lot of new players.

I'm curious what you manage to get for Stewart. I think a 2nd or equivalent value prospect would be a win. No way you pry a first in this year's draft from anyone.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
As a Blues fan, it's fun to read this thread. I hope you keep it going all year.

The Blues will finally get their D healthy (Gunnarson's first game tomorrow, after his hip surgery). I'm sure it will take a few games to see what his impact is.

Losing Stastny hurt, but it sounds like he's going to be practicing by the end of the week. The mystery illness is still running through the team. Yesterday it hit Tarasenko and Reaves who are both questionable for tomorrow.

I wish the Sabres well in their rebuild. I also think the analysis of the Central Division on this thread kind of ignores how much the Blues upgraded at center with the additions of Stastny and Lehtera. The team hasn't found their playing style from last season consistently yet, but it's pretty early and there are a lot of new players.

I'm curious what you manage to get for Stewart. I think a 2nd or equivalent value prospect would be a win. No way you pry a first in this year's draft from anyone.

Thanks for the kind words, love the avatar. :handclap:

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto

It's all in good fun :D

All we have to look forward to is the demise of the teams which gave us their 1st.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Haha, this is awesome. Good luck to you guys on the rebuild. Shouldn't be too long before you guys are one of the top teams.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Blues down 3-2 in the 3rd.

This is shaping up to be good night for the tank. Jets win, Isles lose in regulation, Blues losing.

Carolina's losing, but I find it hard to root for them to win even if it does help us.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I vote for what the one guy said in the Isles thread.

Let's stop jinxing stuff before it's done.

Blues Stars 3-3 heading to OT

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
There we go!

Tarasenko's hat trick...4-3 blues in OT

I hope we learned our lesson?

RR10*

Wow..I can't believe you guys realistically think the Blues could do bad this year. If they didn't have half of their roster injured to end last season, the Blues would have won the Presidents Trophy. Since then they've upgraded with Stastny, Lehtera, Gunnarsson and Lindstrom. Just because a team lose some games in the beginning doesn't mean they will suck. I'm confident the Blues will be a top team in the west this year. Wait for them to get healthy.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Wow..I can't believe you guys realistically think the Blues could do bad this year. If they didn't have half of their roster injured to end last season, the Blues would have won the Presidents Trophy. Since then they've upgraded with Stastny, Lehtera, Gunnarsson and Lindstrom. Just because a team lose some games in the beginning doesn't mean they will suck. I'm confident the Blues will be a top team in the west this year. Wait for them to get healthy.

Believing and hoping are two totally different things.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY

Haha, this is awesome. Good luck to you guys on the rebuild. Shouldn't be too long before you guys are one of the top teams.
Thanks for being good sports about the thread. As you can see, most of the comments in this thread are either minor Blues updates or shamelessly angling for new ways to show that there's a chance at improving the draft position of the STL pick; and whether that's the lottery, teens, or 27th-to-26th, posts here will be grovelling at nearly every point you earn. We also don't mind the little updates or corrections on STL performances here and there, as some users may simply be stat or scoreboard watching.

However, to the lurking Blues fans, I urge you to follow these two's example and remember it's both another team's forum and a thread done mostly tongue-in-cheek as a distraction from our terrible season. We're looking to avoid the trollish razzing and flaming, as it's our forum after all, and that'll get you removed swiftly.

49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f.jpg

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto

Buddy, it's all for fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad