The Official "STL Blues Draft Position" Thread Pt1: (19-8-2)

The Washer

Feb 7, 2011
Just because they are considered a "playoff" team on paper, doesn't make their tank any less relevant than the Islanders....so tank away Blue Dawgs because I do not want Mcdavid or Eichel or Hanifan....I want Mcdavid AND Eichel AND Hanifan....I want them ALL....muahahahah

0-1

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
That division is so good. It's really a toss up between them Dallas, Chicago, Minnesota and maybe Colorado.

I don't think there is any chance they tank, but that pick has an outside shot of being top 20.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If the Islanders and Blues play eachother in the finals who would you guys hope loses?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
If the Islanders and Blues play eachother in the finals who would you guys hope loses?

It wouldn't matter for our draft position. But I would have to cheer for the blues since they haven't had a cup in their existence. (1967) but I wouldn't mind if the isles won it either. Big Tavares fan.

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site
I know it is the first game of the season, but I couldn't help myself from watching Center Ice in hopes of a Blues loss. Tonight it's Carolina over NYI (a double bonus if it happens since the Hurricanes are projected bottom 5).

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I know it is the first game of the season, but I couldn't help myself from watching Center Ice in hopes of a Blues loss. Tonight it's Carolina over NYI (a double bonus if it happens since the Hurricanes are projected bottom 5).

Far to early to pay attention to this. I will start paying attention in the new year.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
looking at last years standings....

ST Louis and colorado's edge was in the divisional play where each had 20+ wins and around 6 loses. Both should come back to reality with something around 14 wins...thus losing about 14 points in the standings.

Chicago was the best team outside of the division.

I see chicago being 1st, Minnesota being 2md

The 3-6 will be between Dallas, Colorado, Nashville, and St Louis.

I think Dallas and Nashville are 3 and 4.

St LLouis is 5 but Phoenix in the west against an easier division will make up the difference and takes one of the wild cards leaving st Louis out

St Louis pick is at 14 pre lottery.

a dollar and a dream....

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I mentioned this last night in the GBU thread, but watching that game (Darren Pang mentioned it a couple times), that team has some issues in their own end. They're missing Sobotka and Polak from last year. Particularly, they're missing their abilities to turn the puck over and hold possession. In the offensive zone, their blue liners didn't look nearly as eager to step up and shoot as they did last year (which was a big part of their success). They're vulnerable, especially in that division.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I mentioned this last night in the GBU thread, but watching that game (Darren Pang mentioned it a couple times), that team has some issues in their own end. They're missing Sobotka and Polak from last year. Particularly, they're missing their abilities to turn the puck over and hold possession. In the offensive zone, their blue liners didn't look nearly as eager to step up and shoot as they did last year (which was a big part of their success). They're vulnerable, especially in that division.

How did Elliott look? ... I'm hoping he falls flat on his face.

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
looking at last years standings....

ST Louis and colorado's edge was in the divisional play where each had 20+ wins and around 6 loses. Both should come back to reality with something around 14 wins...thus losing about 14 points in the standings.

Chicago was the best team outside of the division.

I see chicago being 1st, Minnesota being 2md

The 3-6 will be between Dallas, Colorado, Nashville, and St Louis.

I think Dallas and Nashville are 3 and 4.

St LLouis is 5 but Phoenix in the west against an easier division will make up the difference and takes one of the wild cards leaving st Louis out

St Louis pick is at 14 pre lottery.

a dollar and a dream....

Having 3 picks in the top 14 of this year's draft wouldn't suck that much :naughty:

MayDayMayDay

Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
How did Elliott look? ... I'm hoping he falls flat on his face.

Good at times, REAL shaky at others. First Nash goal he probably should have had and immediately you could tell he wanted back. Got sizzled on the breakaway by Kreider, was a sick finish. The third goal (also by Nash) he had a shot at, but wasn't really his fault (combination mis-play/funky bounce off the half boards in his own end). He made a few real nice saves, a couple of which he was looking behind him.

MayDayMayDay

Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Significantly, they got outshot 16-8 in the first period. NYR are a good forechecking team and all, and they only gave up 10 the rest of the way, but those ten were high enough quality. And what's good for us and sucks for them: there are much better forechecking teams in the West than the Rangers, let alone, in their own division. :)

Last edited:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

Simple, I'd want the Blues to sweep the Isles by 10-0 scores each game as I have hated and despised them since the late 70s. Screw Trottier, Potvin, Smith, Bossey etc.

Fortunately there isn't a chance in hell the Isles will make it to the SCF, hell its 60-40 they don't make the playoffs period.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I'd probably root for the Blues because, like us, they've never won. I'd be happy to see either team win at that point. I like both squads but as a Sabres fan I have to hope for the worst for both.

BTW just my two cents but I really think the Blues and Isles "anti-cheering" threads should be merged.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'd probably root for the Blues because, like us, they've never won. I'd be happy to see either team win at that point. I like both squads but as a Sabres fan I have to hope for the worst for both.

BTW just my two cents but I really think the Blues and Isles "anti-cheering" threads should be merged.

No way to the proposed merger.

The two could go in very different directions. I like the separation

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I watched the Minnesota-Colorado game and don't know whether Minnesota is just that good (which is good) or Colorado is just that bad (which is bad).

That was as dominant as I've seen one NHL team over another NHL team in years, and I watched most of Buffalo's games last season.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I watched the Minnesota-Colorado game and don't know whether Minnesota is just that good (which is good) or Colorado is just that bad (which is bad).

That was as dominant as I've seen one NHL team over another NHL team in years, and I watched most of Buffalo's games last season.

They play again today (I think) ..so we'll get a better idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad