The Official "STL Blues Draft Position" Thread Pt1: (19-8-2)

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I watched the Minnesota-Colorado game and don't know whether Minnesota is just that good (which is good) or Colorado is just that bad (which is bad).

That was as dominant as I've seen one NHL team over another NHL team in years, and I watched most of Buffalo's games last season.

I think Minnesota will be good this year. Addition of Vanek and the 1 yr more of their kids.

Goaltending will be the issue with them.

I think Colorado won't be as good this year. Advanced stats questioned them just like Toronto.

As I mentioned above if you look at last years standings in the division and look at division record St. Louis and Colorado had fluke years with 20+ division wins. They lose 12 pts in this by going to around 14 wins, their in the middle of the division.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Hah, as if Stewart and Carrier weren't enough for Miller, I still can't believe we have a 1st in an extremely deep and elite draft too from the deal. Stewart is a legit top 6 big strong 25 g winger who can return a late 1st himself and Carrier is a very good prospect also. This 1st is all gravy. I don't think the Blues are that good and Elliot has never been a true #1. I would not be surprised if this pick was in the #15-20 range. Obviously I'm hoping for a total reversal and pray the Blues miss the playoffs entirely but that's extreme wishful thinking. Still, if both the Isles and Blues miss the playoffs along with us, having 3 out of the 14 McDavid lottery tickets would be incredible.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
I think Minnesota will be good this year. Addition of Vanek and the 1 yr more of their kids.

Goaltending will be the issue with them.

I think Colorado won't be as good this year. Advanced stats questioned them just like Toronto.

As I mentioned above if you look at last years standings in the division and look at division record St. Louis and Colorado had fluke years with 20+ division wins. They lose 12 pts in this by going to around 14 wins, their in the middle of the division.

The Blues were also 1-8 versus the Californian teams last season. Surely, the statistical anomaly you're presenting is balanced by this?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 12s12 seconds ago

Stastny (upper-body injury) will not return. #stlblues

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Jeremy Rutherford ‏@jprutherford 4m4 minutes ago

Stastny's left arm is in a sling. #stlblues

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Blues shut out tonight in Anaheim. Looked bad. Got dominated at the dot and in possession for the most part. Blues with only a couple real quality chances that Andersen handled.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Blues shut out tonight in Anaheim. Looked bad. Got dominated at the dot and in possession for the most part. Blues with only a couple real quality chances that Andersen handled.

Fenderman.gif

:D

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I don't think they looked THAT bad. Blues couldn't generate any offense early in the game, but they had more than a couple of chances in the end.

The scoreline could've been a lot closer, if it wasn't for Andersen.

But, yeah, they look like a middle-of-the-pack sort of team right now from what I've seen.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Stewart is a legit top 6 big strong 25 g winger who can return a late 1st himself

1 point in 11 games since coming over. We gave them Ott, too.

If this trade ends up being Miller and Ott for Carrier and a late first, it's not going to be such a steal.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Hah, as if Stewart and Carrier weren't enough for Miller, I still can't believe we have a 1st in an extremely deep and elite draft too from the deal. Stewart is a legit top 6 big strong 25 g winger who can return a late 1st himself and Carrier is a very good prospect also. This 1st is all gravy. I don't think the Blues are that good and Elliot has never been a true #1. I would not be surprised if this pick was in the #15-20 range. Obviously I'm hoping for a total reversal and pray the Blues miss the playoffs entirely but that's extreme wishful thinking. Still, if both the Isles and Blues miss the playoffs along with us, having 3 out of the 14 McDavid lottery tickets would be incredible.

You think stewart is going to return a late 1st at the deadline?

Did we learn nothing from Last year's deadline?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Let's just wait until Stewart has 15 goals or so before talking about what he'll return this year, regardless of the market. I wouldn't assume we find a taker at all.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Be nice if they put Stewart in front of the net on the PP instead of on the half wall so he can pass the puck to the other team.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Third road game in four nights, and the second of a back-to-back (front end vs LA, no less) while the Ducks were resting the night before. That one was over before it started. Nine of their next 12 are at home. I suspect we'll see them moving up the standings during that period.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Let's just wait until Stewart has 15 goals or so before talking about what he'll return this year, regardless of the market. I wouldn't assume we find a taker at all.

We don't need to wait to rule out a 1st rounder in return.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Well it's obvious the return on players at the deadline was down from previous years. You think it will be the same this year?

I was speaking directly about Matt moulson.

Teams were never parting with 1st rounders for players of moulson and Stewart's ilk

I tried to explain that to the same person I quoted regarding moulson last year (hence the "have we learned nothing" comment)

Please lord don't let someone foolishly bring up goose.... Lol

1sts at the deadline go for difference makers... (Need dependent)... Stewart, moulson, don't meet that label

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I was speaking directly about Matt moulson.

Teams were never parting with 1st rounders for players of moulson and Stewart's ilk

I tried to explain that to the same person I quoted regarding moulson last year (hence the "have we learned nothing" comment)

Please lord don't let someone foolishly bring up goose.... Lol

Ah. Ok.

labbatt

Feb 27, 2014
Does anyone else think the St Louis will be better than the NYI? The West is always a dogfight and they haven't looked great to date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad