The Official "STL Blues Draft Position" Thread Pt1: (19-8-2)

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Blues looked very bad down 1-0 after the 1st against an extremely shorthanded Rags lineup. Sitting Lundquist and missing Stepan, McD, Zucc, Klein, Moore. Similar disinterest as was exhibited by Detroit last night.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
least the Rangers got a point..... helps us with the Isles tank...

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
When the Blues play the Islanders, who do you root for? Just no OT?

Order or preference:
1) Blues reg win
2) Isles reg win
3) Blues SO win
4) Isles SO win
5) Blues OT win
6) Isles OT win

Reasoning:
- A Blues win is better than an Isles win, since the Isles are very likely to finish lower in the standings than the Blues, it is better to maximize the position of the higher pick than the lower pick.
-No matter which team wins, a regulation win is better than any other result. Obviously.
-if it does go past regulation, a SO result is better than an OT winner, since SO wins don't count towards seeding tiebreakers, but OT wins do.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
This is really cool. I wish you guys the best of luck and I honestly hope McDavid ends up in Buffalo. I would love to see Buffalo become a constant contender.

Maybe I have a soft spot because you guys, like us, have yet to win a Cup. I hope we can both change that in the new future.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
The 2-3-1 Blues were just a big tease. Stastny (shoulder) returned last night and they scratched our sleeper agent in Le_p_l_ en route to winning their seventh straight. Oh, and Tarasenko being Tarasenko again:

[nhl]2014020191-95-ingame-h[/nhl]

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
No, we want the L.

Much more important for us to lock-up 30th overall than to maybe push the Blues pick (which will be in the mid-20s) up one spot at most.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Do we want the Blues to win or lose tomorrow night?

I think we have 30th basically secured and we'll just be building buffer as injuries inevitably set in, so I'm thinking a Sabres victory is probably more favorable for picks.

Want to avoid overtime, though.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
No, we want the L.

Much more important for us to lock-up 30th overall than to maybe push the Blues pick (which will be in the mid-20s) up one spot at most.

Actually draft picks 15-30 are determined by playoff finish, so, if we're assuming St Louis is a playoff team, a loss vs St Louis is beneficial because it affects our draft pick. St Louis could win the presidents trophy, they are knocked out of the playoffs int he 1st round, they pick 22nd. They finish as the 8th seed and win the cup, they pick 30th.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Actually draft picks 15-30 are determined by playoff finish, so, if we're assuming St Louis is a playoff team, a loss vs St Louis is beneficial because it affects our draft pick. St Louis could win the presidents trophy, they are knocked out of the playoffs int he 1st round, they pick 22nd. They finish as the 8th seed and win the cup, they pick 30th.

Right.

So unless we believe that the Blues losing to us tonight would be the difference between them making or missing the playoffs (which I doubt), it is better for us to lose and continue to lock up 30th.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio

Is that true? I thought the only draft pick moving around happening was for the 4 teams that made the conference finals? I could be wrong but I thought if a team finished 16th and even won a playoff round, they would still pick 15th unless they made the conference finals in which case they would pick 27-30.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00