The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
So. I finally listened to the interview. Other than the mendes comment. It’s not terrible. He conveys his plan. How he wants nhl team to look. Age brackets. Make up. Why and how he didn’t want to pay the guys. BUT it kind of crumbles when you realize the fact that he did in fact try to sign them. But it’s well known he didn’t want to give NMCs. Does that mean he planned on trading them in 2-3 years? If so. Honestly. It makes sense in a vacuum. Not in today nhl though lmao

so...how many other owners have you heard come out and speak like this...only our CLOWN of an owner did.
his comments are unacceptable...he should SHUT his mouth and mind his own business...stop talking about other teams and pretend you know what you're talking about.
He should SHUT the F&^K up...we're already a joke of an organization.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
It's true. Jim Watson is a cutthroat. He plays the game hard and is deserving of a bit of attrition...he just puts on the Uncle Jimbo persona for the media.
so what...everyone knows how Jim is...nothing new here...we all know Melnyk is am MORON...so what ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm having a hard time figuring out what Melnyk's end game is doing these interviews. I mean, from the Outdoor game interview, to the two ferns and Boro conversation to these past couple interviews; every time it's the same results, but he keeps coming back for more.

I've never seen an organization so consistently manage make things worse. At some point, you just got to cut bait and get somebody other than the owner to address the media.

The team can't continue to go to war with it's fans and it can't continue to go to war with the media. It's self defeating; it's astonishing to me that they can't figure that out...

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm having a hard time figuring out what Melnyk's end game is doing these interviews. I mean, from the Outdoor game interview, to the two ferns and Boro conversation to these past couple interviews; every time it's the same results, but he keeps coming back for more.

I've never seen an organization so consistently manage make things worse. At some point, you just got to cut bait and get somebody other than the owner to address the media.

The team can't continue to go to war with it's fans and it can't continue to go to war with the media. It's self defeating; it's astonishing to me that they can't figure that out...

He's a performance artist playing the Eugene Melnyk character.

It's the most plausible explanation.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

It sounds to me like it was intended to market Euge’s new venture, but because he addressed Sens topics it obviously got lost in the details.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ian Mendes is a class act and I know that because I was an ass to him and he replied by offering to take me out for a beer and pay for everything just to listen to me.

It made me reflect and realize I’m a jerk, and I’m still not perfect, but the man helped me to realize I wasn’t acting like the person I wanted to be and that’s helped me a lot.

Mendes is an institution in this city and that takes a lot of work, a lot of integrity, sacrifice and a big heart. And it all comes back to him.

Here’s a standing O to a real man.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Ian Mendes is a class act and I know that because I was an ass to him and he replied by offering to take me out for a beer and pay for everything just to listen to me.

It made me reflect and realize I’m a jerk, and I’m still not perfect, but the man helped me to realize I wasn’t acting like the person I wanted to be and that’s helped me a lot.

Mendes is an institution in this city and that takes a lot of work, a lot of integrity, sacrifice and a big heart. And it all comes back to him.

Here’s a standing O to a real man.
ThoseScrawnyAfricanhornbill-max-1mb.gif

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
It’s beyond obvious Melnyk is the ass end of the league when it comes to ownership. No one respects him or his minion in the slightest. Dorion should feel ashamed, he’s just the used car salesman uncle Euge needs to sell the latest BS excuse for cutting a few bucks off the payroll..

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's so pathetic, it's just downright funny at this point.

Only way this makes sense, is if Eugene has a backdoor deal with Quebec City lined up and needs to burn Ottawa to the ground to get there.

At least we know that no one can possibly be in Melynks corner anymore, unless they're being paid to do so.

Reactions: Acidrain66

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Until there is action that counters the narrative of minimizing all costs then it’s pretty hard to buy into this.

The players budget isn’t the only department that needs investment. Why can’t we increase spending on scouting and development now if our focus is 100% rebuild?
I agree

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This twitter aspect is another hilarious thing. Clearly from some bozo's just trolling ala that season of South Park where Gerald was Skankhunt42 :laugh:

Just a gong show from every aspect of the Ottawa Senators. Management, Ownership, players, social media, fans.

Just get out your surfboard and ride the wave, this is gold.
The twitter thing is surreal.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Jeez guys. I’m not saying melnyk SHOULD be doing this. Or that he’s some hidden genius. I’m just not gonna join the “keep your mouth shut idiot!” Gang. I can’t get passionate about that. I can’t get him to stop doing interviews. It’s a free country. What I CAN do is have a laugh at what this guys says. Like I’m sorry but if you can’t find the humor in him going on air and saying “yeah leafs defence sucks balls” then wtf are you even still listening for ? What does saying “this guy should stop talking!!” Do for you?

People want the org to be upfront. Well guess what. He basically said he won’t be paying 27 years olds 8-10 million until their 35. Fine. It’s f***ing dumb but fine.

Reactions: Flamingo

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
It would be great if instead of hiding behind "I know stuff", if you could, without actually getting granular, yoy could explain whay what you know leads to you to believe what you believe.

If you can't then don't bring up like a spoiled child would.
Ha,not that simple. When I was grilled to explain my insider info, which I did, it was met with contempt, jealousy, disdain and an overall spoiled child reaction from the majority of this board. Just face the facts people, sometimes there are things said in a circle that some of us want to share here because we are hockey fans.

member 137785

Melynk is funding bots, as seen in the previous quotes

Even the leafs are calling shade on our owner.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
I've been harping on Toronto ignoring their blueline for the last few years now, so clearly I'm in that camp.

I dare anyone to tell me that they wouldn't like Toronto's cup chances a lot more if they'd taken that $11mil/year Tavares money and put it towards a legit #1 defenceman.
As a Leafs fan I've been doing the same, and most Leaf fans think I'm just dopey, and believe that Tavares is the greatest Leaf of all time for some weird reason. That Tavares contract set the whole rebuild back, because the second the Leafs signed him, you just knew Matthews was never going to except less than $11.234 AAV, add in Nylander, Marner, and no defensive upgrades, and at best the Leafs have 2-3 years of being competitive (and not even for the cup 0 just the playoffs). Technically, the Leafs are only in year 4 of the rebuild, and the team already has no money to add pieces. SMH

Reactions: Deku

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I have a much better understanding of what Melynk is trying to do after listening to the interview today. His plan is to build through the draft and let UFA Stars go when they demand big money.

It is one way of trying to build a winner and it could work if you had proper structure in place but this is EM and you know his plan is very flawed. A balance of vets and young players are what you need.

He thinks he is running a AHL team or junior hockey team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad