The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiogirl

Oct 12, 2017
Ian, I hope you know all of Ottawa has your back. Some people when they no they are wrong try to put that on other people.

Question, love to know if PD really wanted to hire Simmer but Melynk said NO.

OFF TOPIC
Doesn't look like Simmer is doing Sens games now that he is a morning guy, hope that changes next season that was the only time I liked listening to him.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I see comments all the time that from Melnyks POV and a business perspective that if fans don’t come and what not then he shouldn’t or can’t put money into the team.

I’m just curious why Melnyk is allowed to look at it from his business perspective but the fans aren’t allowed to look at it from an entertainment perspective then? Why should the fans spend money on the product?
Happens all the time. That is why they are fans. Red Sox, White Sox, Tigers, Leafs, Habs, Bills, Roma, Chelsea, etc...fans aren't always voting with their wallet. If some do, that is their right. But many fans are irrational, illogical, and extremely positive even in the darkest of times. "Maybe this is the year" is a very real motto for many.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Ian, I hope you know all of Ottawa has your back. Some people when they no they are wrong try to put that on other people.

Question, love to know if PD really wanted to hire Simmer but Melynk said NO.

OFF TOPIC
Doesn't look like Simmer is doing Sens games now that he is a morning guy, hope that changes next season that was the only time I liked listening to him.
It's been 1 week man.

Reactions: Senscore

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So Melnyk takes a shot at Toronto’s defence, despite the Sens getting doubled in shots every game...
Only "surprising" thing was how he said he only found out about Boucher being fired an hour before Dorion did it, which I don't believe for a second.

This man is the dumbest human being alive. How can one possibly think this was Dorions decision.

JVPJQ7P.png

Followed by a threat.
At least he acknowledges getting flak unlike Dorion who pretends like everyone loves what he's doing.

This is true.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He's just such a loser. Why doesn't anyone in his orbit tell him he shouldn't open his mouth. He comes off so bad. This team is doomed going forward with Melnyk being involved in any way. Everything he touches he destroys and his mind seems to be going fast. That word salad we just heard was that of a senile man in heavy cognitive decline.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Why will signing Chabot be looked at as a step in the right direction with regards to ownership?

I'd say that's the bare minimum you resign guys off their ELC, not some grand gesture that ownership is moving in the right direction. That's literally a layup for every team.

That's an absurd outlook.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I have now been listening to TSN1200 for over an hour and they havent even spoken about these interviews. Maybe they are saving it for Ian or maybe they are just all cowards hiding behind him as he has now been villified.
The show started at 10:00 so you obviously missed it.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Sounds like if Dohrion doesn't do well at the draft table he might be the next to leave.
How would Melnyk know if he does well or not?

It takes years to see the end result and Melnyk knows nothing about hockey, so I don't know how he's going to make any judgement.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So it was critically discussed?
JR and Simmer did. Haven't listened to In the Box today but now that the National TV guys have taken the gloves off the radio station will definitely follow suit. This could get them their best ratings in years.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Those players are gone. Sour grapes? Moving on? Take your pick. But he took the looking on the bright side attitude. At some point, people have to accept and move on. You obviously are not there yet, maybe you never will be there
That's quite the deflection.

Proved you wrong, so you attack me instead. Sad.

Last edited:

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
That's cool. That is what forums are about.

The mayor has gone out of his way to take shots at Melnyk, which is a little unbecoming. And I 100% agree with what was submitted in the lawsuit about the mayor stating that he wants no part of bad press in an election year, even though Lebreton deal was failing. Watson does a lot of things right, but he is conniving and self serving, to say the least. Just look at the latest scandal brewing over phase 2 LRT.

I think the communication part has to improve, for sure. But as you see here, alot of things he has said, he has done, but people don't believe him. Then, they chalk it up to lack of communication. He told everyone what was going to happen in December 2017. Is that terrible communication or people who didn't want to believe, or people who dismissed his words?

Melnyk tanked a major development g project. Watson has every reason to call him to task for it.

That isn't terrible communication, per se, it's terrible planning, and an inability to see likely outcomes. What, did he think people would pat him on the back for following through on a thinly veiled threat because he didn't think the fanbase at large was giving him enough money?

Re: your other comment, I frankly don't care how I come across to you. You were being entirely hypocritical, praising his idiotic words, while calling for less of them, and more action (all of which has served to further alienate the fans).

I think your premise is flawed, and your assessment comically offbase, much like the comments you had assessed as positives.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Has this man ever accepted responsibility for anything in his life?

Listening to him you'd think he's always just been unlucky and always at the wrong place at the wrong time.

What did he say? Was it "losers blame others"?

Reactions: Deku and Relapsing

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Melnyk tanked a major development g project. Watson has every reason to call him to task for it.

That isn't terrible communication, per se, it's terrible planning, and an inability to see likely outcomes. What, did he think people would pat him on the back for following through on a thinly veiled threat because he didn't think the fanbase at large was giving him enough money?

Re: your other comment, I frankly don't care how I come across to you. You were being entirely hypocritical, praising his idiotic words, while calling for less of them, and more action (all of which has served to further alienate the fans).

I think your premise is flawed, and your assessment comically offbase, much like the comments you had assessed as positives.
If you read all his replies, you get a good sence wheres he coming from...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad